My Extended Tree Of Life Ceremony

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

My Extended Tree Of Life Ceremony

Post by CCoburn »

Hello everyone,

So i ended up creating my own custom ceremony based on the tree of life and the ten holy sephira. I have never done anything like this before. I have noticed much strange phenomena since i started, nothing paramount, but consistent. I will go into that in another post.

So, the ceremony i created goes like this:

I started with malkuth, and the manifested world(Assiah), I have since reversed the order and now start with the divine world(atziluth), and work down to Assiah. Also lately, my rituals consist of honoring the deities(angels), in lieu of asking them for anything, or commanding them in any way.

So first i buy a candle whose color corresponds(777) to the Sephira in the world i am working. If the color is compound, then i make the candle myself. I also try to use colors for my apparatus that match the four color variations for a sephira.

I write the name of the world i am working in, and the g_d(im not jewish) name, arch angel, or choir name in Hebrew, on separate pieces of paper, and place on the wall in back of the candle(looks really cool).

I meditate for a minute standing in front of the candle visualizing the deity(sometimes with music), then i light the candle and say( using my current ritual as an example):

Holy Sephira of Hod, in the kindom of Yetzira.
Beni Ha Elohim, I honor you now, with fire, color, form, language, and writing.
A candle whose color represents Hod, in your world.
The name of your world, and your name. Written in the holy(sacred) language.
It is one of the greatest privileges for me, to have you angels emanate unto me.
(then i bow down on one knee)
Glory to you Beni Ha elohim, sons of g_d.

I change the wording around a bit from time to time, and maybe it could be a bit more lengthy. Yes, the evocations have changed much since the beginning...I guess its an evolving ceremony.

Any feedback or criticism would be appreciated, i need to roll some ciggs. I'll check back in a few.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: My extended tree of life ceremony

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

I like the reverence of it. :)

Otherwise I am wondering what kinds of results that it'll achieve for you. What you're doing reminds me of what I have with the BOTA pattern on the trestleboard which is a twice daily thing - descending the tree in the morning, climbing the tree again before sleep.

Unfortunately I'm still at the intellectual stage of my occultism so I have just as many questions as you do. If you want good pointers for putting the right orientation to this I'd say keep data-mining, look into the modern GD reformers like Nick Farrell, Perregrin Wildoak, Pat Zalewski, etc. etc. and who knows - Israel Regardie might have some content somewhere in the black brick that would be of help.

As I mentioned in another thread I'm also seeking to fabricate a ritual of my own for a particular purpose, just that I don't know if we're at all times trying to draw down the energy from Kether (which AFAIK is done in charging talismans and thus for something dedicated to Jupiter they'd walk all the way down from Kether to Chokmah, Chokmah to Binah, and cross the abyss to Chesed). I'm also trying to really 'get' the four quarters exercise and it may take me a while to understand the playing field that the four directions and elements set up or how to really work effectively with that rather than just doing a stock LBRP/LIRP and naming things as if it's a highly visualized inventory count. I think the only thing that makes me wonder in what you're doing is that the reverences/homages are great but if you need to light up the drive-train from kether and do those homages in succession you'd likely have too many fragrances in the room because you'd be burning your candles simultaneously. That may be a non-issue or it may be an issue, just something you'd perhaps want to seek clarity on before you get too involved with the specifics you described.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

From what I understand, this is a fairly decent invocation ritual of God and the visualized entity (not evocation).

My real question is, what do you perform *after* this ritual?

Basically, what I see this doing is charging you with the energy attuned to the soul of whatever deity or spirit it is you meditate on (as well as your candle association).

Seeing as you've stuck explicitly to the Sephiroth, I think this ritual has a lot of potential. However, I don't think just any entity out there will be willing to be invoked with it. You have to be selective.

My twocents. Hope it helps.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Cybernetic_Jazz wrote:I like the reverence of it. :)

Otherwise I am wondering what kinds of results that it'll achieve for you. What you're doing reminds me of what I have with the BOTA pattern on the trestleboard which is a twice daily thing - descending the tree in the morning, climbing the tree again before sleep.

Unfortunately I'm still at the intellectual stage of my occultism so I have just as many questions as you do. If you want good pointers for putting the right orientation to this I'd say keep data-mining, look into the modern GD reformers like Nick Farrell, Perregrin Wildoak, Pat Zalewski, etc. etc. and who knows - Israel Regardie might have some content somewhere in the black brick that would be of help.

As I mentioned in another thread I'm also seeking to fabricate a ritual of my own for a particular purpose, just that I don't know if we're at all times trying to draw down the energy from Kether (which AFAIK is done in charging talismans and thus for something dedicated to Jupiter they'd walk all the way down from Kether to Chokmah, Chokmah to Binah, and cross the abyss to Chesed). I'm also trying to really 'get' the four quarters exercise and it may take me a while to understand the playing field that the four directions and elements set up or how to really work effectively with that rather than just doing a stock LBRP/LIRP and naming things as if it's a highly visualized inventory count. I think the only thing that makes me wonder in what you're doing is that the reverences/homages are great but if you need to light up the drive-train from kether and do those homages in succession you'd likely have too many fragrances in the room because you'd be burning your candles simultaneously. That may be a non-issue or it may be an issue, just something you'd perhaps want to seek clarity on before you get too involved with the specifics you described.

Hello Cybernetic_Jazz,

I am also wondering about the results. I have completed 11 sub rituals(or 11 rituals of the ceremony), as I ascend the tree. Since I am doing each Sephira in all four qaballistic worlds, I have 29 sub rituals to go. The complete ceremony will take over a year from start to finish. So, as far as the results to date. Well, there has been much phenomena...nothing paramount like I said, but i have experienced recent sleep paralysis a few times, and when i was working in Yesod. Every night and sometimes during the day, a certain ceiling bulb would flicker and dim and go completely out for a few seconds to a minute, and then come back on. The effect ceased immediately when i moved up to Hod. Now, My girlfriend witnessed this and was a little disturbed. At first I told her we should use Occams razor, instead of jumping to conclusions. I told her the bulb is simply burning out. I dont think that any more. The bulb works fine to this day.

Malkuth and Yesod, at first, seemed to have produced more phenomena then Hod...I suspected because they were in the middle pillar, of force AND form, but never the less, Hod has its moments. I had a small issue with Hod at first because of the Hermaphrodite magical image, and stopped using it.

I try not to use scented candles, I have oils(777) for each of the sephiroth, but i dont always use them.

As far as the other operations you mentioned. For now im just performing an initial ascension. I've thought briefly about rituals involving complementary sephiroth, such as Hod and Netzach, or working with one of the 3 triads. When im finished.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

That's awesome then. If you're both sensitive enough to get results and feel them vividly then it's a go. Keep at it and see what comes of it! Just be sure to keep a good journal of the experience and review it at the end to see if you can pick out any additional info.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Haelos wrote:From what I understand, this is a fairly decent invocation ritual of God and the visualized entity (not evocation).

My real question is, what do you perform *after* this ritual?

Basically, what I see this doing is charging you with the energy attuned to the soul of whatever deity or spirit it is you meditate on (as well as your candle association).

Seeing as you've stuck explicitly to the Sephiroth, I think this ritual has a lot of potential. However, I don't think just any entity out there will be willing to be invoked with it. You have to be selective.

My twocents. Hope it helps.
Hello Haelos,

It is my understanding that to "evoke" means to call forth(outside of me), and to "invoke" means to call in, or call forth into me. Maybe there could exist an implicit invocation, that accompanies an evocation. It does feel that way sometimes.

I think i could better elaborate the structure and operations of the ceremony:

To have a ritual for each Sephiroth in each one of the four worlds i need 40 candles. I buy them or make them as needed. Some are solid color, some compound, and some flecked.

I have one fragrance association for each sephira, and four different candles. One for each Kingdom.

I start with Malkuth in the kingdom of Atziluth(or should have).

I recite the ritual after lighting the candle as i said, meditation might be a good idea at this time, but for now i just stay close by, after maybe 20 minutes I say a couple words and close the ritual, and blow out the candle. I do this once or twice daily until the candle is completely burned down(2 weeks or more).

I repeat this for the other 3 worlds, and then move up to the next Sephira and repeat the process.

I add symbolism and hebrew writing too, I have a caduceus(symbol of hermes for Hod) above the oil burner, and the name of the current world, and deity written in black marker on paper, in back of the candle.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Spida wrote:It is my understanding that to "evoke" means to call forth(outside of me), and to "invoke" means to call in, or call forth into me. Maybe there could exist an implicit invocation, that accompanies an evocation. It does feel that way sometimes.
If the above and below are the same, I don't see why the in and the out would be diffreent...

Have you tried permuting the Hebrew letters during your ceremony? This is how traditional qabbalists achieve prophetic states of consciousness. It confuses the rational intellect so as to open the mind.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

corvidus wrote: If the above and below are the same, I don't see why the in and the out would be diffreent...
as above so below, as below so above.

Malkuth is in Kether and Kether is in Malkuth.

Above is a divine thought, and below is the manifestation of that thought. I know there's more to it than that.
corvidus wrote: Have you tried permuting the Hebrew letters during your ceremony? This is how traditional qabbalists achieve prophetic states of consciousness. It confuses the rational intellect so as to open the mind.
I havent tried that, but i do seem to realize a need for having them present during my rituals. I enjoy forming the letters, Using a big black marker on white paper and making them look as if they were painted on with a brush, big and bold, and spanning almost the entire width(landscape orientation) of the paper. I include the english translation below to the right, and roman numerals to indicate the number of the kingdom, or Sephira. It is very pleasing to look at, and creates a more magickal atmosphere.

Anyways, im still in the fine tuning mode with what I already have implemented, but may consider your suggestion at a later time.

Thanks.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

So I completed the final operation of the ritual of Hod in Yetzira

While the ritual was still open, I took a look at the candle and decided this would be the final operation of this ritual. So I started formulating my words to close it. And then I had another idea, instead of simply blowing out the candle at the end as a final gesture, I would instead use my palm to smother it(pillar with a 1 inch tunnel). It seemed more dramatic, a final punch! Of course it might burn my hand too much and make me flinch, and i end up debasing the ritual to a degree. My form was perfect, as I didn't feel it much.

So a couple minutes after the ritual, I grabbed my little timer and hit the start button and it beeps and the screen goes blank. No easy access to the battery so I pushed its compartment a few times, no luck. Its just a cheap timer so i figure i'll bounce it off the carpet a couple times as one last try before I trash it. On the second bounce I heard it beep! It works again...the weirdness continues.

Just the other night my GF charged her phone before going to bed, in the morning it was dead. That same day the battery in my wall clock died. I can only wonder.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Hopefully today I can start modifying my setup for the ritual of Hod in Assiah(the spirit world).
I need to take a step down before I can take a step up.

No candle making this time, I bought a yellowish brown(pillar)candle and some velvet glitter at AC Moore.
The candle will be flecked with white glitter.

The fragrances will remain styrax benzoin, and black storax, one is oil and one is granules, respectively.

I will write Assiah(in Hebrew) in big bold black letters, on printer paper, and place that in back of the candle.

All other symbolism and ritual elements are global for Hod.

So I just need to start thinking about re-formulating my evocation to suit the spirit world, not sure about specifics yet. Any specific entity that I evoke will have its name written in Hebrew below Assiah(if applicable).

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

So the spirit that I have chosen for the ritual of Hod in Assiah, will be Taphthartharath, the spirit of Mercury. All of my apparatus, symbolism, and writings are in place. All I have left to do is formulate my Evocation, which will be to honor the spirit initially, and may remain that way.

I have no direct knowledge, but I feel intuitively that this spirit is one of the preservers of the solar system. Something I have believed in long before my Occult endeavors.

It shall be my pleasure to honor this spirit, who is one of many that has maintained the planetary system in which i live for over 4 billion years.

Glory to you Taphthartharath!

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

This is a rough draft of my evocation of taphthartharath, that I wrote on the afternoon of the full moon. I'm anxious to get started, after putting it off for about a month. So I'm going with it, and since the entire ritual will take the better part of a month, as usual. I will make improvements, or modifications as I go along:

Holy Sephira of Hod, in the kingdom of Assiah

Elohim Tzabaoth may the highest praise be yours

Michael, may you protect me If I be a fool.

Beni Ha Elohim, I have honored thee, keep me safe

Taphthartharath, I honor you now:

With Fire: shall it burn at your side for all time
With Form: the magickal image of your true name
With Color: the symbol of Hod in our world
With Language: my words unto you
With Writing: our world, your name, the number of your name

O great spirit of mercury, if thou art be baleful, then direct thy evil unto my enemies
You and I shall be allies, and I will do unto thee, if it be my will

If thou art posess good, than emanate that part unto me, so I may absorb it.

O great spirit of the heavens, come forth unto me, if it be your will
if not, then send another so my request goes not unfulfilled

(bow down on one knee)

Glory to you Taphthartharath
Spirit of Mercury

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

The above evocation seemed ok when I was writing it. But I didn't care for it much in practice. I used it for a couple days and then scrapped it. I've since gone back to mantras, and improvisation. Another new thing i started doing is a fragrance and candle lighting on the day of Mercury, with just a candle lighting for every other day of the week.

I am comfortable with the way things are progressing and I look forward to moving up to Netzach in a week or so.

Cheers

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Couldn't find an amber candle for the King scale of Netzach. I bought this candle that I thought was close at the xmas tree shop. It was a medium sized pillar, but I concluded it was too orangey. So I melted it down and added a smidgen of light blue. The next day when I unmolded it, I had a perfect match for light to medium amber.

Good job Spida!

I should be making all my candles! What the hell is the matter with me? It's that "life" thing again. I'm not that lazy!

cheers

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I'm about halfway through the ritual of Netzach in Atzilute. A few days ago I modified my ritual. I did this to make it less of a chore. So I incorporated "silence" into my ritual. No recital before/after the candle lighting. It's just: actions, thoughts, and feeling. I also burn the fragrance now for every ritual.

I put on some good music, I light the incense, the candle. I have all my symbolism, a real rose hangs above the oil burner for Haniel, Hagiel. I really have so much when speech is set aside.

Ive been meditating a tad more too.

Cheers

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

What a journal. Fun read, this.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

cyberdemon wrote:What a journal. Fun read, this.
Glad you enjoyed, and thanks for saying so.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Finally finished the Ritual of Netzach in Briah on the afternoon of the full Moon,
it was also the day of Venus. Sweet! I immediately made a bright yellow green candle
and de-molded it in the fastest time ever, about 3 hours from start to finish.
It was a little soft, but manageable; the color was a perfect match.

I concluded Briah, by once again smothering the flame with my palm. The robustness
of the flame, and unevenness of the candle caused me to feel it a bit more, requiring
a second attempt. Success!

I burned my hand for you, my sweet Archangel! I would do it again.
I do like finishing that way.

Cheers

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I will not lose myself in a maze of words.
I accept the paradoxes.

Iced Earth - Pure Evil

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Having a decent journey tonight. My black cat Spida is sick. Looks like some sort of flesh eating bacteria, or infection from nowhere. I had him down here during Ritual of Elohim. Netzach in Yetzirah, mostly focusing on Vibrations and energy work. Etc, etc. Hope it helps. Spiraling down with music. time to re-level dart board and play with GF. Yeah. Level....good luck with that Spida, and may he live a couple more years beyond 13. Took forever to write but fun!

Cheers

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Incorporated a couple minor enhancements to the Rituals lately.
I put together a formal wardrobe that matches the color association in Liber 777,
for the particular Aethyr i'm working in. I also started grounding myself at the commencement of every Ritual.
Been focusing heavily on Vibrations/Mantras. Pacing in my Ritual area for hours in a trance like state.
With Music of course. At times the Vibrations seem to become one with my surroundings and just melt away.
I'm sure that the frequency plays a part in this, Since I also at times harmonize the vibration with the music.
Lately the duration of the Rituals is between 3 to 4 hours. But it goes by really fast. Feel pretty good after,
and the next day as well.

Peace

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Been entertaining a theory about the Elohim today.
In contrast with thinking of them as God/gods in the Divine Spiritual Sense.
I'm thinking of them as 4D beings further up in the hierarchy than Humans.
Like from a different Solar System/Galaxy, which would also be in contrast with extra-dimensional Spiritual Forces.
Although perhaps their Consciousness could interact with(or expand into) extra dimensions,
making a distinction more difficult.

So Elohim in effect would refer to another Order of existence, being either singular or plural depending on the context. Such as they are English, or he is English.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

My GF is a fucking idiot. She can't cook. She's gonna make bread? Like some shit
she got from Pizza Hut. I don't even know what the hell she is doing up there.
Halfway through my Shamanic Journey I go upstairs to brush my teeth,
and I walk right into a fucking Grease Cloud. I don't want my house to have the atmosphere
of a Pizza Joint from Hell.

She don't understand that blissful ideas, can culminate into Hellish manifestations.
Part of the evolution of the mind I guess. What an Idiot.

Now I feel like Agent Smith being tainted by the smell of Neo, Repulsive.

Time to snap back.
Peace

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

A little more Elixir Vitalae to compensate for turbulence.
Gotta love Analogies and their fragmented, Isolated Bros, Metaphors.

Back on the path, without the wrath of the Grease Cloud from Hell.

Iced Earth - Melancholy, but i'm good.

Peace.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Approaching the Midnight Hour.
And the final Ritual of Yetzirah, or by the looks of the candle,
maybe half a Ritual or so, of course I will continue without it.
Perhaps grab a close color from the store bought stock, to finish with.

Psychonaut journey number...I don't know
I can feel it, time to crank the music, free my mind, and Vibrate some frequencies,
off into the Aether.

Elohim. I am coming for you. Again.

BTW, they are manifesting the sky blue color, with the yellow green
I looked it up...Daath, so many similarities. Amazing!

Off to see the Wizard.

Belamy Brothers - let your love flow. I think.
good start.

Peace.

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”