Ritual Phenomena

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Ritual Phenomena

Post by CCoburn »

I'd like to cover some of the phenomena that i've experienced since i started performing operations on the Sephiroth. While some have been explained away, others remain. So any thoughts on this, explanations, or whatever would be appreciated.
There has been consistent phenomena since i started, but to start i'm just going to cover one incident.

About a month ago, when i was cleaning up in my bedroom. I proceeded to pick up two empty coke cans at the base of my night stand, as this is where I put them when empty. They were side by side, and i reached down to grab both with one hand. I was slightly startled as one felt "full", and slipped out of my hand and fell over. So I stood there holding one empty can thinking I just spilled a full(or nearly full)soda on my carpet. I only stood there looking at it for maybe a couple seconds thinking it odd, that nothing appeared to come out of it. So anyways, the weirdness of the situation climaxed, into a full blown "WTF" moment, when i picked up the can and it was empty? And yes, i'm sure the can felt heavy, enough so that I lost my grip on it. This and a few other incidents remain unexplained.

The last operation i did prior to this was a closing out of the ritual of Hod in Yetzirah, Beni Ha Elohim, and there were many operations, and other rituals prior to this. I was actually learning and forming, improving, my rituals, and operations within rituals as I went along.

So what do you think is up with this? Or any comments, or whatever.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Ritual Phenomena

Post by RoseRed »

Can someone familar with those rituals explain what they do in a nutshell?

Can you list the experiences that have already been 'explained away'. Those are important, too.

I don't think you're banishing ritual worked. Some things can be mischievous and they're drawn like a moth to a flame when Workings are done. It's one of the reasons for using a Circle. It keeps them out.

Or you were amped up from doing a Working and it really was empty.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Cygnus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cygnus »

Spida wrote:
The last operation i did prior to this was a closing out of the ritual of Hod in Yetzirah, Beni Ha Elohim, and there were many operations, and other rituals prior to this. I was actually learning and forming, improving, my rituals, and operations within rituals as I went along.

So what do you think is up with this? Or any comments, or whatever.

I'm not too shy to admit I really don't understand what you're describing, but as for your 'soda can' incident I wouldn't read anything into it: odd things happen, it's life, and it can happen without reference to rituals. Unless you can suggest a link or connection between what you were doing and the soda can?

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

RoseRed wrote:
Can you list the experiences that have already been 'explained away'. Those are important, too.

I don't think you're banishing ritual worked. Some things can be mischievous and they're drawn like a moth to a flame when Workings are done. It's one of the reasons for using a Circle. It keeps them out.

Or you were amped up from doing a Working and it really was empty.
Thanks for the response RoseRed. I will respond to this properly, as soon as I have enough time.

I will say though, that although this may seem trivial(the can incident). It seemed profound and unexplained, which is why I cherry picked it I guess. I wasn't amped up. The last operation was a day or two prior.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

That's an important thing to know.

Google house spirits, brownies and see if anything sounds familiar. They don't like to be ignored.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

E.
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by E. »

Hello,

I'm glad I'm talking about this in a forum and not in life since I would sound like I need psychiatric help.

I've worked in Kabbalah before and the messengers I have called forth are serious but not evil or mischievous. They are very fair when it comes to justice and mercy so be careful.

I'm not sure but a week or two ago I read a post about integrating Jesus and Mary into the "tree of life" was it you?

E.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

This is the sort of odd things that happens when you start doing magic.
Rose is correct. You can expand your banishing work. This sort of things often has to do with the astral plane. It's not even entities or anything serious, more like astral fragments that gets attracted to your energy and then just hang around. They don't suck energy from you like astral parasites or anything like that, but their present always seem to mess with things in our world. Probably something to do with astral reality intercepting our reality and that causes some sort of rift.
It almost always manifests it self as if the physics of this world is a bit "off".

So the next time you do a lesser banishing, try to remember that it should banish on all levels.

I've also noticed that the sound of bells keeps them away. If you have a small handbell or even an empty water-glass with good tone to it. Give it a ring in all four directions before you start your banishing.

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

I'm only familiar with Jewish Kabbalah and in particular Lubavitch and Vishnitz Hasidism but all I get is Sefer Yetzirah which is the Book of Creation. And Benei Ha-Elohim which are the Sons of God. The problem is so many weird versions and things based on Kabbalah exist I'm not certain what the heck you've actually done but hopefully my Hasidic background helps somewhat.

The Sons of God are lower-ranked angels. I know later Christian theologians think they are the sons of Seth or fallen angels but in Judaism the Benei Ha-Elohim are positive beings.
Hod is the 8th sefirah and stands for majesty/splendour. From a Hasidic viewpoint this sefirah stands for the drawing back of ego and allowing true majesty, the divine power, into your life. Accepting your place in the greater whole, to show humility rather than powering on.

My guess is you should be less worried about what is happening around you and focus more on your inner self. Where do you stand? What are your intentions?

Also, what has already been said by others. Never hurts to make sure there is nothing messing around with you.

E.
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by E. »

ErebusNamtar wrote:I'm only familiar with Jewish Kabbalah and in particular Lubavitch and Vishnitz Hasidism but all I get is Sefer Yetzirah which is the Book of Creation. And Benei Ha-Elohim which are the Sons of God. The problem is so many weird versions and things based on Kabbalah exist I'm not certain what the heck you've actually done but hopefully my Hasidic background helps somewhat.

That's what I was also thinking. I'm also only familiar with Jewish Kabbalah and I don't know if the problem is what others have mentioned or if it's another form of Kabbalah as I have read people mentioning Jesus and Mary in the tree of life which is foreign to me ( not to say anyone or way is right or wrong ).

E.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Some really good, and informative posts here, thank you. I will comment on them all when i have time.
RoseRed wrote: Can someone familar with those rituals explain what they do in a nutshell?
Probably not extensively, as I have created them, and create them as I go along. The only constants are the names of GD, the Arch angels, and choirs. I do believe the spirit world allows the most leeway for the practitioner. which is the Kingdom of Assiah for each Sephira.
RoseRed wrote: Can you list the experiences that have already been 'explained away'. Those are important, too.
Here is a list, I was going to omit some of these, but i may as well list them all -
I don't keep a journal so these are approximations:

1) Lost time
It has been nearly a weekly, or bi-weekly(although not lately)passtime for me to go into online metaphysics, and similar chat rooms and basically drink wine and chat all night. I have been doing this for years. I listen to music, and do my thing and go to bed. However, since I started practicing, and I should note that I have been quite passionate about metaphysics, and the Occult, to the extent of lighting ritual candles and doing quasi evocations/invocations while chatting and drinking. So anyways, sometimes i would wake up in bed, candle still burning, and not know how i got there. One time I woke up next to my GF, I got right out of bed and told here I wasnt done yet, and went back to it as I questioned her about the situation. So anyways, drinking has an exhilarating effect on me, not a depressive one, and this only started after my practice started.

2) Sleep paralysis
This happened on a couple occasions, during one it seemed that my body was shaking(vibrating?)vigorously as i started to wake up. In all cases the paralysis always lasts for under a minute.

3) OBE
This has happened twice(both entirely different) in my life. Once recently(3 months ago). I "thought" I woke up one morning and proceeded to get dressed, I could see something in front of me that looked odd. THEN I came to for real still in bed. This is weird to explain...but its like I was out of my body, but at the same time, laying on my right side in bed. I could see the glasses(cups) on my night stand. Lets just say that there were two perspectives that were mixed together. MY OBE perspective was normal, but was mixed with my perspective from laying in bed, and being half awake(eyes open apparently) and seeing the stuff on my nightstand. Seeing the items in front of me, from the OBE perspective, it looked like they were rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise.

4) Scents from nowhere
One day me and my GF were getting ready to leave, and out of no where I noticed this sweet mustardy smell. I asked her if she smelled it and she said no, then about 10 seconds later she said yes and described it as a sweet smell. I checked the windows to see if it was coming from outside, it wasnt, and almost as quick as it came it was gone.

5) Flickering light bulb
There was this one bulb that would flicker, dim, and go completely out for a few seconds to a couple minutes and then come back on. This happened just about every night and sometimes during the day. Once I change my ritual and moved on it stopped. This was about 2-3 months ago. The bulb is fine to this day.

That's probably most of it. I hope it's ok. I had to rush about halfway through because I have to take my GF to work.

Thanks for all the replies, I will respond to the others when I have more time. I will say though, that the comments thus far have shed some more light on all of this.

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

E. wrote: That's what I was also thinking. I'm also only familiar with Jewish Kabbalah and I don't know if the problem is what others have mentioned or if it's another form of Kabbalah as I have read people mentioning Jesus and Mary in the tree of life which is foreign to me ( not to say anyone or way is right or wrong ).
Yeah some more background would help, I see the last reply clears this up somewhat as it's a homebrew thing. And I agree, there's no right or wrong. I wasn't implying any negativity towards other paths with my choice of words...more general confusion. [tongue]

Cygnus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cygnus »

I've experienced most of those things, except OBE, but I've never felt they were connected to ritual work.

I clearly remember the first time I did experience magick that worked. It was a constraining ritual for a twat of a boss (pardon my profanity). I walked into work the next day, he was in my work area, I looked at him, he looked and looked away and I felt something pass between us. I had very little problem with him after that [thumbup]

One of the strangest experiences I've ever had (actually happened twice, each time with a different person)
I feel I can't tell in detail as it relates to ahem... 'boudoir activities' and we seem to have a number of young ladies on the boards. However, it was both deeply spiritual as well as intensely sexual, completely spontaneous and seemingly unconnected with anything magickal (I'd put it aside at this point in my life).

Both times the partner felt it too and said to me "Did you feel that?" The look I got from them was confirmation of the intensity of the experience. My best PG rated description would be to say, imagine the part where you are intimately joined is the centre of a wheel, then imagine the whole world is rotating around that point, the world is moving but you two are the stationary eye of a whirling storm, your bodies are semi-liquid and you're melting into each other so you can't tell where one begins and the other one ends.
The first time did, admittedly, involve LSD, the second time I was stone-cold sober on a Sunday afternoon.
To my dying day I will never forget those two incidents.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Cygnus wrote: One of the strangest experiences I've ever had (actually happened twice, each time with a different person)
I feel I can't tell in detail as it relates to ahem... 'boudoir activities' and we seem to have a number of young ladies on the boards. However, it was both deeply spiritual as well as intensely sexual, completely spontaneous and seemingly unconnected with anything magickal (I'd put it aside at this point in my life).

Both times the partner felt it too and said to me "Did you feel that?" The look I got from them was confirmation of the intensity of the experience. My best PG rated description would be to say, imagine the part where you are intimately joined is the centre of a wheel, then imagine the whole world is rotating around that point, the world is moving but you two are the stationary eye of a whirling storm, your bodies are semi-liquid and you're melting into each other so you can't tell where one begins and the other one ends.
The first time did, admittedly, involve LSD, the second time I was stone-cold sober on a Sunday afternoon.
To my dying day I will never forget those two incidents.
It's interesting that Auphanim(WHEELS) [grin] is the choir of angels for Chockmah. This Sephira is tantamount to a Cosmic ejaculation. The arch angel of this sphere is ratziel, I heard that in the past, Rabbis would invoke this angel during climax. It must be used in sex magic as well.

Cheers

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Desecrated wrote:This is the sort of odd things that happens when you start doing magic.
Rose is correct. You can expand your banishing work. This sort of things often has to do with the astral plane. It's not even entities or anything serious, more like astral fragments that gets attracted to your energy and then just hang around. They don't suck energy from you like astral parasites or anything like that, but their present always seem to mess with things in our world. Probably something to do with astral reality intercepting our reality and that causes some sort of rift.
It almost always manifests it self as if the physics of this world is a bit "off".

So the next time you do a lesser banishing, try to remember that it should banish on all levels.

I've also noticed that the sound of bells keeps them away. If you have a small handbell or even an empty water-glass with good tone to it. Give it a ring in all four directions before you start your banishing.
This was a GREAT post. I can't neglect it any longer. Not only does it reinforce a theory I had; It tells me something I didn't know.

I was thinking one of three things caused(as you put it) the "physics" of the can to be off: an entity, magnetism, or gravity. You seem to have ruled out the first one. So some sort of magnetic or gravitational anomaly.

The comment about astral fragments was a nice touch, since I was oblivious to this line of thinking.
Very nice Desecrated; [thumbup]
Thanks

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

E. wrote:Hello,

I'm glad I'm talking about this in a forum and not in life since I would sound like I need psychiatric help.

I've worked in Kabbalah before and the messengers I have called forth are serious but not evil or mischievous. They are very fair when it comes to justice and mercy so be careful.

I'm not sure but a week or two ago I read a post about integrating Jesus and Mary into the "tree of life" was it you?

E.
Hi E,

Iv'e heard that as you work your way down from Atziluth to Assiah, there is less good, more evil; it's not comparable to the Qlipppoth I would think. For example, I'm beginning a ritual of Hod in Assiah. Taphthartharath is the spirit of Mercury which is the planetary association for the sphere. It is said this spirit, as all planetary spirits is baleful. With the intelligences being benevolent. I'm not buying it. I could go on, but i won't.

And as far as the Jesus and Mary thing? BS...I'm not one of them, anyways, isnt Jesus associated with Tipharet anyways. The slain GD or something.

Cheers

E.
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by E. »

Spida wrote:
E. wrote:Hello,

E.
With the intelligences being benevolent. I'm not buying it. I could go on, but i won't.

And as far as the Jesus and Mary thing? BS...I'm not one of them, anyways, isnt Jesus associated with Tipharet anyways. The slain GD or something.

Cheers
I'm not selling anything for you to buy just sharing my experiences.

I apologize if I came off as accusatory but I was simply asking about the "Jesus and Mary thing" , I read so many posts and I didn't want to go on a "find Waldo" mission so I asked and now we know it wasn't you...thanks for the clarification.

I wish I can answer you about what Jesus is associated with but I'm not familiar with Jesus so I couldn't tell you.

I hope you find the answers you seek.

Cheers,
E.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

After I finished the ritual of taphthartharath. A couple days later, at about 3:15 am, on the day of mercury. While my GF was in bed with me, I was sleeping and she was watching TV(still). She said she saw(corner of the eye thing, sorta) a smoky figure in the shape of a hand above my legs.

She used to be schizophrenic and see things like transparent people, other stuff. She is noticing this again(not exactly)since i started practicing.

I think she makes a good receiver, my cat too, but he won't tell me anything.

I wish i had more time to meditate, or more discipline, or both.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I'm not a Qabalist but all that together kinda sounds like a haunting. It could be related to your rituals but I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. It could also be related to your home, the land around your home, another person or animal in the house etc. Is divination a part of your practice? It helps to figure out specifically what (if anything) is causing these phenomena. Besides that I'd continue doing LBRP or whatever banishing you do already, and in addition to banishing in your ritual space also do it for your home and its inhabitants regularly. You should also set up wards or guardians around your house. People in the midst of intensive ritual appear "lit up" on the astral plane and that draws in all sorts of debris that can affect not only them but their personal space and loved ones.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Targ Collective
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Targ Collective »

Whoever it is is acting friendly. Most likely a spirit thought, oh no that's going to be wasted and I like coke. Simple as that.

Try the following invocation. "I invite any Spirits in my home to speak with me through Higher Telepathic Function." HTF is the language of Light that transcends speech. It's crown level telepathy. get a feel for the entity or entities in your home and see what's up.

BANISHMENT

By the sound of things you've contacted friends, but if you need to banish, ask for n Ein Soph Banishment Sphere for your home. Keeps the nasties out for a bit.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Thank you very much Spiral and Targ for your replies.

Spiral, I'm not super familiar with the term "divination", but prior to my occult practice I was a serious thinker. I begun to understand through science, and namely QM, and of course reason. That there could exist "things" that were true, but that could not be arrived at through reason. I was going around in circles alot, and eventually coined the maxim "Truth transcends reason". I later discovered Crowleys way of putting it, which is similar: reason transcending itself. So anyways, the Divine(GD) was a big part of this, along with Eternity, time, space, and nothingness. I could go on and on.

I havent done any banishing rituals Sprial, as this defeats my purpose. I merely transmit my rituals into the aether and wait for a response. Building up astral forms and ensouling them with the powers I work with is in my agenda as well, but as with meditation I have been a little lax in these areas. So you could say my results are open and undirected, and even as it may be, it has proven to me that magick is real, although I am just on the surface.

Targ: Yes, I am only working with benevolent forces, although I did an approx 2 month ritual for Taphthartharath who some believe is baleful. I did this because I didnt understand the concept of a planetary intelligence, and I needed a ritual of Hod in Assiah. I later realized that the naming convention for arch angels and intelligences were the same, so concluded the arch angels were the intelligences, such as Hagiel for Venus. So I will use them next time.

Thank you both very much
All the best to you

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Greetings brothers and sisters,

I just wanted to do an update. As far as the ritual phenomena, and I always have an open mind, and never rush to conclude any peculiar happenings are directly caused by my practice. So maybe a couple things worth mentioning. First, a couple weeks ago when me and my GF were in the kitchen one morning. We noticed that all of my Magickal/qabalistic symbols, printed on photo paper(on the fridge) were curled up almost into a circle toward the magnet that holds them. They have since flattened back out a bit but still remained somewhat curled. One thing that came to mind was the night before I was a little ticked because I couldnt find the cork screw to open a bottle of wine.

My GF was also the first to notice this perfect Pentagram formed by tree branches outside my bedroom window. This was a couple months ago and it is still there. Its pointing up BTW. I don't read too much into this its just casual phenomena.

The other thing I noticed is personality shifts. Such as cranking my stereo first thing in the morning, and feeling good, and enjoying music I normally dont like.

Cheers

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Well, after I said I hadn't witnessed any activity for a couple months.
Two days ago, a couple hours after the evening of Venus(my current ritual).
Which would be very early Saturday morning. As I was going back to sleep.
I had some interesting closed eye visions, and concurrently felt a strong presence
In an adjoining room, my ritual room is also my bedroom.
I could tell where the presence was manifesting in the other room
and even could sense it's dimensions(W X H X L, etc.).
When i woke up the next morning the light bulb above where I sensed the presence
was flickering like crazy, it still is...right now. Its a globe fluorescent.
Also, Saturday evening when me and my GF were watching TV.
We heard a fairly loud flute like sound, or a whistling wind sort of sound
coming from the same area. This was the most profound audio manifestation
thus far. We were sure, but I thought with the surround system and all, i should rewind
the show she was watching to rule that out. The sound did not come from the SS. I think we
knew that anyways, but to be sure. [cool]

Cheers

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

GF said the noise sounded female. I didn't get that from it, but she was in a better position to
hear it as she was closer to the source.

Female...I like that! Not sure myself, but two girls are definitely better than one!
I'm stepping up my rituals to try and augment this phenomena.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Now i'm beginning to think the rapidly flickering light bulb
was a warning. Ok, so next time I will be sure to take
inventory of the things that are important to me.

This phenomena is in contrast with the other light bulb
incident which was more of a message of acknowledgement.

I do see the difference now, however, the messages are cryptic
without experience.

There must be certain factors that determine how far an entity is
allowed to step into the physical world. My world. Apparently this
is the best they can do for now. My practice invites them.
This is what I get.

At the present and forthwith I will be attempting to meet them halfway,
by stepping into their world, but not only them.
I have something else in mind, also.

The tools I have at my disposal for merging into the spirit world are
Meditation, the inner dimensions(dreams), and mind altering substances.
I will use them all. And are. even as I speak.

I will continue my rituals to draw them into my world as much as I can.

I have quite an agenda now.
Some would be more appropriate posted elsewhere.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Woke up to the smoke alarm going off at around 5:55 this morning.
It's on the ceiling in an adjacent room(my bedroom) about 3 feet from
the bulb that created an incident two weeks ago on a Saturday morning.

Usually it will either chirp to indicate a low battery, or a constant high pitched
sound to indicate smoke. It did neither as it was an intermittent high pitched sound
a combination of the above two mentioned as it were.

I do have a boiler on this level, but as far as I know the detector I have is only
for smoke.

I'll have to google the model detector I have and see if that explains anything.

If it's a message I don't know the meaning at this point, but I did get up
and make coffee and proceeded to perform an early morning Ritual to acknowledge
the message(s), and give thanks. Although would have like to gone back to sleep
for a couple hours.

The 5:55 gets my attention, don't know what that means if anything. I know that
a sequence of 1's like 11:11 is linked to Angels. Something else to google, what would
I do without it.

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”