Connecting with the genius loci

hellebore
Forum Member
Forum Member

Connecting with the genius loci

Post by hellebore »

This week one of my life-long dreams came true when I was offered the tenancy of an ancient apple orchard and enormous vegetable patch - about a third of an acre in all. I live in a little medieval town with minute courtyard gardens and plots like these are rare as hens' teeth. The plot is completely enclosed with stone walls and hedgerow and hasn't been worked for years - you have to scramble through ivy to get into it and even though it's a dreary English November day and someone has abused the land by dumping rubbish there it still has a strongly magickal feel.

I've introduced myself to the trees and creatures living there and have always tried to garden magickally, following the moon-cycle for planting, pruning and harvesting when I can. I not only want to restore the orchard and grow organic produce but create a peaceful, healing haven for family and friends and a private sanctuary for my own meditation and magickal workings.

I'm interested to learn about your favoured way(s) of connecting with the genius loci and other spirits associated with the land and trees and harnessing their help. The energy feels very positive but I'm conscious that what I see as restoration might be at odds with the local spirit(s') intent, particularly as no-one understands how such a sought-after plot has been neglected for so long. As far as I'm aware the site has been used for cultivation (and probably keeping a few pigs - which I'm not up for!) for many centuries.

Do share your stories of working with the land and its energies.
Attachments
IMG_0233.jpg

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Connecting with the genius loci

Post by RoseRed »

Congrats!!!!! I'm happy for you [grin2]

I'd probably find my way into the center of the row, plop down for the afternoon and enjoy the day.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

That is incredibly awesome.

I'd say just spend a lot of time there, take things step by step and feel if anything changes. Communicate your intentions clearly.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

My connection to nature is very damp. I used to live near a small garden with tall trees. I always spoke to them in wishes. The wind would be at my fingertips ever so slightly.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

hellebore
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hellebore »

Thanks for your replies all. There's not going to be a lot of lying down in the middle of the plot in freezing November gales, but come spring, absolutely [grin]

cyberdemon wrote:My connection to nature is very damp. I used to live near a small garden with tall trees. I always spoke to them in wishes. The wind would be at my fingertips ever so slightly.
Something hauntingly beautiful about that last sentence ....

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”