The Dark Angels In The Shadows Of the Sephiroth

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Dark Angels In The Shadows Of the Sephiroth

Post by CCoburn »

Every coin has two sides, where there is light, there is also darkness.
This is the Shadow of The Tree Of Life, the malevolent forces that compliment the Ten Holy Sephiroth.

The forces of the Qlippoth can only be said to be equal, but opposite to those of the Sephiroth.
If Electromagnetic energy doesn't scare you, then just ponder the thought of high energy Microwaves coursing through your body! That is just an analogy of course.

You have been warned!

The descent into Hell begins with the Qlippa of Malkuth:
The following correspondences are given(again)by aligning the Hexagram with the Inverse TOL:

The shadow of Malkuth, is not rendered by the Hexagram, but given as a supplement:

Earth:
The sphere of the Elements, Dark Angel: Lilith

Hexagram Correspondences:

Top Point:
The Moon, Dark Angel: Gamaliel

Top Left Point:
Mercury, Dark Angel: Samael

Top Right Point:
Venus, Dark Angel: A' arab Zaraq(the double "A" prefix pronounced as in "Daath")

The Center:
Sol(The Sun), Dark Angel: Thagiriron

Bottom Left Point:
Mars, Dark angel: Golachab

Bottom Right:
Jupiter, Dark Angel: Gha' agsheklah

Bottom Point:
Sirius or Sothis, The Abyss as in Daath(knowledge)
Or you could use Saturn, Dark Angel: Satariel

Saturn is out of alignment with the Hexagram, so it might make more sense to use the next Qlippa down in the Middle pillar which would be The Primordial Point, Dark Angel: Thaumiel. If you don't formulate Daath that is.

Cheers

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Count Zero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Dark Angels In The Shadows Of the Sephiroth

Post by Count Zero »

How would you use the Shells in a modern magick practice? Also, it is a very controversial position to assign these energies with the Shells, the Qlippoth being empty in many Rabbinical texts. It seems to be a very modern approach to populate the Shells with demonic forces, plus the placement of Lilith at the top contradicts what Lilith theoretically represents in a Cthonic approach to Judaism, that being the be-all and end-all of pure individualism, which would of course put her as the reversed Kether.

Also, why do you label each as a dark angel? Surely these are key building blocks of knowledge and appreciation of such, and are therefore not dark or light, merely of such a state of 'being' that they transcend our mortal morality and become something so much greater?

(Count) = 0
(Count) = 0
On receiving an interrupt, decrement the counter to zero.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Count Zero wrote:How would you use the Shells in a modern magick practice?
I wouldn't. In order to answer this correctly, I would need to formulate a ritual(s), and see what results are yielded. I don't see myself doing that.....in the near future.
Also, why do you label each as a dark angel?
Yes, the name Dark Angel is something I created myself. I find them technically being referred to as "Orders". I did notice that some of the "Orders" use the same naming convention as the Archangels(except the above and below Archangels) which end with the "el" suffix, meaning God.
Surely these are key building blocks of knowledge and appreciation of such, and are therefore not dark or light, merely of such a state of 'being' that they transcend our mortal morality and become something so much greater?
It just depends on the perspective, in the Divine world, light and dark(good and evil) have no significance, and its a matter of necessity. More or less, I guess it depends on where exactly you are in the hierarchy between us and the Divine. So you could say they are relative terms.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Havnt posted here in awhile but thought id dust some cobwebs off this account.

Note what I am going to post here is from personal experience and gnosis within my own work. I dont particularly stay restricted by incorrect theory if my personal path seems to contradict it. I cant speak from a jewish mysticism perspective because I don't have that background. Everything you read following is from using the structures of the trees in our vein of witchcraft.

The Shells arnt Shells. They are better thought of as parallel spheres. They can be seen as the spiritual antimatter to the sephirots matter, the are polar opposites. They arnt entirely separate, they are joined by energetic tunnels, some explored some not. Both trees are vital for mans spiritual development and feed /retrieve /recycle the energy of the spiritual realm into the physical.

The Qlippha from the point of man can be seen as infernal. They embody a spirit of raw life force and chaos, and many of the vibrations there in their raw form are antithetical to the human lifewave. Some of the entities in the lowest parts of the Qlippha are in fact as evil as you can get, by definition, as they are extremely predatory. The spheres are ruled in part by greater intelligences many would see as daemonic - many of them share identities, and names with goetic entities. There are also parallels with entities that exist in practices such as quimbanda, crossroad entities etc that are of great power but are extremely harsh. However these entities can be worked with and can be great teachers as long as oaths and pacts are respected. This is not selling your soul, as traditionally believed, but soul evolution through a darker path.

Entry to and learning can take place here and it can be highly beneficial to a persons spiritual development. It requires practice, a strong armouring of the physical, mental and spiritual bodies to correctly work here and walk a theurgic path. Walking it will make you face some of the most primal instincts in mans form, and this can severely unbalance people who are not ready for it. It is the tree of death, the tree of return,so it is possible to walk it back to the source crossing the abyss.

To actually draw down the power of the spheres is simple, if done in a balanced way into a circle or other working space. First the Sephirot are invoked, and their names vibrated for each sphere. Then, the Qlippha are opened in a similar manner, opening the working space to both sides of the tree. It is important that the Sephirot are opened first to correctly balance the energy in the circle. Then, travel can be accomplished from within the circle to any realm facilitated by sigil work, mirror gazing, etc etc. Entities that you feel comfortable with may also be invoked from their realm and met in sexual possession for the release of gnosis and heightening of the energetic bodies. It is important that before sexual possession is attempted that these beings are met in evocation first, within a triangle placed outside the central circle.

All my workings are done in Hecates name, it is sexual possession work with her that for me at least, increases the level of armouring needed to correctly incorporate the energy released without adverse effects. As such i do not advise someone simply opens the trees and gets cracking so to speak, as you are likely to have a bit of backlash if you open the wrong door uninvited.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Sypheara! [yay] I missed you!!!

And just to stay on topic, I agree there are right and wrong ways to work with the Qlippoth and it's important to work both sides of the tree to maintain balance. There are different currents that can guide you into the work relatively safely, I've done some work with Karlsson's Dragon Rouge system and there are others. But I don't think it's a good area to experiment in unless you're clear in what you're doing, as some of the spheres contain energies that can severely unbalance every area of your life.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Thank you very much for that extraordinary post Sypheara!

I basically just created this topic on a whim one morning.
I used my general ideology to fill in the blanks.
As I only have practical experience with Sephiroths 10 - 7.
So it's good to have my intuitive integrity, and knowledge base,
confirmed by a practitioner, thank you again.

Thank you also Spiral,
It's my understanding that even the Sephiroth have baleful influences.
Such as planetary spirit associations, probably mostly derived,
from Agrippas work, or so I have heard. And even the worlds that each Sephira,
exists in, become more malevolant as they are descended.
The Qlippoth augmenting the overall spectrum.

Thank you both.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Glad it was of some help! What knowledge I have of the Qlippha and Sephira is almost all firsthand experience. I have read books on the subject but most are lacking in actual accounts of visits to these realms. Maybe I need to search better, as at least for the Sephira there should be more material out there.

I havant found many good books on the Qlippha I can recommend. The only one that makes a half effective stab at it was the 'Book of Sitra Achra' but it was obviously interpreted entirely through the lens of the group that wrote it. In my own experiences whilst it contains some accurate information, it is a limiting description and is far too 'dry'. More firsthand accounts from people and their work from each realm would be great.

I have a friend interested in writing such a work and I hope he goes through with it. I can see it being of use to alot of people.

Also hello spiral, missed you also. Was going to PM, but having issues with internet at the moment as im out in the sticks. Ill be back and around posting if things catch my eye!
(admin approved link)

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse
Sypheara wrote: There are also parallels with entities that exist in practices such as quimbanda, crossroad entities etc that are of great power but are extremely harsh. However these entities can be worked with and can be great teachers as long as oaths and pacts are respected. This is not selling your soul, as traditionally believed, but soul evolution through a darker path.
I would like to correct that because it's "wrong" and as a medium in Quimbanda I feel the NEED to clarify it. One writer of the south of Brazil wrote that exus and pombagiras where "parallel" with goetic demons. That has NOTHING to do with Quimbanda, because Quimbanda has nothing to do with christianity or judaism, even though it has a little with "eurpoean witchcraft" (little to nothing I'd say, at least with the "european" part). After that some groups of quimbandeiros and exubandeiros applied that "arrangement", as a way to be seen as "more powerful" because it's "darker". Any exu that says that he is ACTUALLY Lucifer, for example, is a mystification, a "marmota", or an obscured spirit trying to pass as an Exu de Lei.

You cannot use those parallelisms, not even for study or comparison just because every exu and pombagira works in a different way, even though they might share name and "realms" of work.

Whoever does "indoctrinates" with that material, is not in the "Law of Exu". The ritual of Quimbanda is heir of the Bantu religions, so nothing has to do with Goetia. I know that in the "english speaking" community, this "knowledge" it's being spread by Nicholaj De Mattos Frisvold, and that people "likes it" because, as westerns, they do like a lot the "dark side" of things. If its "darker" the better. Well, THAT is not Quimbanda, THAT IS NOT cult of Exu and Pombagira. Quimbanda is an ATR if you want to name it, or at least part of the african magical/spiritual culture.

That's all. I'll let you continue with the thread.

Saravá
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Willow, Willow, Willow Dark Witch,

Names, names, names and more names.
Whether they be names of Entities or Paradigms, etc.
What is important is what the names represent.

Hermes Trismegistus said something to the effect of:
Oh Tat my Son, do not get too caught up in the names of things.

I can take the color Red, and call it Blue.
But when I say Red, what I am actually referring to is the visible
portion of the EM Spectrum that propagates at a constant speed
and of a specific frequency. That is decoded by our visual mechanism
Within, yielding the illusion of color Without. In this case, Red.

The names of things are important for reference, but not what is most important.

And being that I have your permission to do so,
I will continue with the thread. Now...

Your Highness, your Greatness, your fullness.
Thank you my Queen.

Cheers

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

WillowDarkWytch wrote:Motumbá Àse
Sypheara wrote: There are also parallels with entities that exist in practices such as quimbanda, crossroad entities etc that are of great power but are extremely harsh. However these entities can be worked with and can be great teachers as long as oaths and pacts are respected. This is not selling your soul, as traditionally believed, but soul evolution through a darker path.
I would like to correct that because it's "wrong" and as a medium in Quimbanda I feel the NEED to clarify it. One writer of the south of Brazil wrote that exus and pombagiras where "parallel" with goetic demons. That has NOTHING to do with Quimbanda, because Quimbanda has nothing to do with christianity or judaism, even though it has a little with "eurpoean witchcraft" (little to nothing I'd say, at least with the "european" part). After that some groups of quimbandeiros and exubandeiros applied that "arrangement", as a way to be seen as "more powerful" because it's "darker". Any exu that says that he is ACTUALLY Lucifer, for example, is a mystification, a "marmota", or an obscured spirit trying to pass as an Exu de Lei.

You cannot use those parallelisms, not even for study or comparison just because every exu and pombagira works in a different way, even though they might share name and "realms" of work.

Whoever does "indoctrinates" with that material, is not in the "Law of Exu". The ritual of Quimbanda is heir of the Bantu religions, so nothing has to do with Goetia. I know that in the "english speaking" community, this "knowledge" it's being spread by Nicholaj De Mattos Frisvold, and that people "likes it" because, as westerns, they do like a lot the "dark side" of things. If its "darker" the better. Well, THAT is not Quimbanda, THAT IS NOT cult of Exu and Pombagira. Quimbanda is an ATR if you want to name it, or at least part of the african magical/spiritual culture.

That's all. I'll let you continue with the thread.

Saravá
Idansinají
An interesting viewpoint, ill try and quickly summarise my thoughts on this.

I think that blanketly stating people have used such a comparison purely for shock value quite lacking, considering what limited knowledge (ill admit) I have. That seems more of an attack on people than criticism of the work or comparison. Also Frisvolds work really isnt that dark to me. I agree that people tend to big things up to sell stuff, to sell ideas in more mainstream 'occult' books, etc, but thats not what his books seemed to be about to me. This seems more like a split in practice or rejection of particular lines of work between individuals which is fair enough. It is certain that syncreticism with both European and native Brazilian influences occurred. Suggesting that isnt really projecting 'western' views but is just a statement of fact. Also that anyone would call it other than an ATR surprises me, because it clearly is one.

The above aside id be interested in your opinion as to how the study or comparison is not valid on at least some level - the goetic entities are in fact chthonic spirits, all with their own distinct lines, means of working, etc etc and are not limited to Christianity or Judaism. They are more of a hold over from far older days, preserved in grimoire tradition. That view in itself is naive of someone who has not approached or worked with them. Not all of them are 'grim dark' - a notable example being Vassago, who is extremely amicable and 'light' to work with. Almost angelic. You would never say, however, work with Surgat the same way you do Vassago. There are also multiple parallels in the actual rituals utilised and worked as well.

It would be good if you could elaborate more on this, as well as to what lines you primarily work. It would be good to find common ground , share working knowledge where appropriate, and discuss where crossroads do intersect, if you will. Discarding any external material basing it purely on actual personal gnosis. I hope you dont find the above dismissive as that is not my intent. I am no expert historian, nor well researched expert on ATRs and have no time for keyboard warrioring these days.

Getting as wide a perspective as possible from different practitioners is effective means of learning and sharing.
(admin approved link)

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Motumbá Àse

Guys, now I'm with no time and from my cell which is very uncomfortable to write.

I'll be posting about afrobrazilian religions and extend a bit more in why i said what i'd said.

Quimbanda and Umbanda are not THAT ATR, though Quimbanda is very much more african than Umbandism.

Then you'll understand why Goetia has nothing to do with Quimbanda and that is a very new addition, and not a good one, to the cult.

I hope you be patient, I'll try to write a extense post on the subject.

Saravá,
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Greatly looking forward to it, if you could link it in here that would be most welcome.
(admin approved link)

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

This is a really fascinating topic.

One question I want to bring up with this - is there a clear ways to tell the difference as to whether you're working with an entity and/or schema of the ToL vs. one from the ToQ? What behavioral or symbolic features would a ToQ entity have that a ToL wouldn't or couldn't?

I ask that because, especially thinking of Crowley's motifs, I realize you can't necessarily judge a book by it's cover. Seems like there are enough entities on the ToL, at least as far as I can figure, who may front themselves in quite a racy or maverick way, even very much dress themselves in wolves clothing, but still it seems like an entity being ToQ vs. an entity just having a rather controversial/iconoclastic taste in fashion are completely different issues. Particularly in the later case I think of gods and goddesses who are known for initiatic roles and their tendencies toward some very visceral outerwear.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Sorry for the slow reply, as ive been pretty busy the last day or so.

Quickest way I can explain on limited time is its like that old adage 'its kinda like porn: you know it when you see it'. Except in this case its feel, one has a taste of infernal energy, one of more empyrean energy. It is a particular set of energetic impressions that combine to give you the strong indicators of where an entity is from.

As for symbolic themes, it can be an indicator as for the main those from the qlipphotic realms have a earthly, bloodlike, taste and feeling about them where the others are more aerial in nature as a whole and emit a harsh, cool or warm light and taste and feel of the stars. It is difficult to really relate however and as you surmise in your above post there is a lot of legroom for them to appear.

The spirits of the planets i have encountered are also interesting. Whilst this doesn't particularly address the question at hand its interesting to see different forms entities can take. For example in working with it in bilocation, the spirit of the Planet Jupiter appeared as an eyeless, many winged angelic entity, of a clockwork nature, controlling spheres, and orbs, that were emitting some kind of lightning. It felt almost mechanical in nature, which was rather interesting and unique to that manifestation. I know it was Jupiter because of the location, the marks upon its skin of the glyph of the planet etc.

Behavior isn't really consistent across either, as it is down entirely to that spirit and its nature. I have not encountered many spirits from the Tree of Life but the ones i have can be just as harsh energy as that of the Qlippha in how they teach and relay messages.
(admin approved link)

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Cybernetic_Jazz,

There is no "clear" way for me to distinguish, well, not usually.
at least with the bulk of the messages/responses I receive.

I have had experiences early on, that seemed more malevolent in nature.
I'd rather not go into details. But if something similar happens, you will know.
There are many gray areas.

Of course, we would like to think that the entities that are the objects of
our Rituals, are in fact the ones we affect and receive responses/manifestations
from. Although there is no proof of this.

This is one of the reasons I start with the Divine world, and descend to the material.
The Idea that you are building up protection by Invoking higher powers.
The descent into Assiah, may arouse mischievious Entities, so it's best not to start there.

There seems to be varying degrees of malevolence in the TOL itself, which muddies things
up a bit, making the distinction more difficult. In which I would say that the Qlippoth would
be even more so. Maxing the spectrum out at one end.

Some Evocations interrogate the Entity, and ask it questions to prove who it is, and make it
swear on some God's name, although this is a bit far fetched and I think is asking a bit much
of the practitioner, and the Entity, as crossing over into other Dimensions/Worlds for us or the
Entity is no simple affair. I am at no such level yet. But I feel closer.

I know, really. I was just thinking that in the non-physical world proof is out the window.
More or less. Out the window and over the rainbow, with reason.

Cheers
Last edited by CCoburn on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Of course the Entity may manifest(it's attributes), or direct your attention towards it's Attributes.
As a solidification of integrity. Especially valid if you have previously Invoked the higher
Powers of that Sphere. So as not to be fooled.
Last edited by CCoburn on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Part of why I asked - symbolism and concepts seem like they're quite prone to a lot of free-association and contradictions which can pivot a person all over the place as well as bring them to rationalize just about anything that deeper levels of themselves, that they may not fully understand, want them to do.

I've had a sort of private working or private path that I've been working with since maybe February or March of last year. That's been growing and developing on and off. With the taciturnity rule and keeping away intrusion issue I don't know how much I can say aside from perhaps the most general overview - two tantrikas of Babalon, ida and pingala, and sexual alchemy. The symbol sets are racey/risque, the astral sanctum itself particularly so, but the overall thought structure is Thelemic in pitch.

Speaking to the Thelemic component, it seems like the overall idea of it - the best I organically understand it - is approaching oneself more holistically, ie. a more circumspect pantheism than simply running full speed at the pillar of mercy the way the big 3 Abrahamics recommend. It's accepting all sides of yourself, as Crowley put it it's marrying the highest and the lowest to find balance in the middle. Really in my case, what spurred my move in this direction, part of the problem has been noticing a lot of strength in Hod on my part with leanings on Jupiter but not a whole lot of strength in Geburah or Netzach (or at least very straight-jacketed expression) which lead me to trace up the tree to consider who would cover those sephira the best, most likely an Ishtar or Astarte type of goddess, and of course for Binah who better for a western Kabbalist looking for initiation and awakening of new paths than our own Kali - ie. Babalon.

My concerns with this working have been less about general orientation of who I'm working with than what my boundaries are, what I'm responsible for, what they're responsible for, and how to keep things cordial by acting with proper integrity from my end. In a way, at the outset, I think I set the tantrikas I'm working with out to sort of lampoon as having participation in the qliphoth, lampoon might not be the right word for it perhaps but the overall idea is that they've been places, learned things, but as we work they're dedicated to instructing me in a way that spurs my evolution forward. Also there seems to be a bit of initiatory play with residue of old Christian eschatological concerns. When I saw a thread come up to approach the margin, the question of "is it or isn't it" so I felt like getting some info from other people might be helpful to me in my own working.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

The posts here in the past couple days got me thinking about something.

For the sake of simplicity, I will use the terms Good and Evil.
Although words like Bliss, and Torment could also be factored in.

If the TOL is said to NOT be entirely good, and the TOQ is said
to be entirely Evil, even if of varying degrees, at first glance or
after some period of perusal there would appear to be an imbalance.
In which the result may appear that the Paradigm is more Evil than
it is Good.

I believe this to be incorrect. So I resolved this issue by simply applying
a Spectrum to the entire Model. Equilibrium is what I seek.
There must be a balance.

So here it is.

Starting with the Extremes we have Kether and it's Inverse.
Absolute Good, and Evil, respectively.

The equilibrium, or midway point would obviously be where the two Trees meet.
This would be the Sehpira of Malkuth in the Kingdom of Assiah.
AND the Qlippa of Malkuth in Assiah. This renders the only two opposing
Spheres that physically exist in the same world. The resulting Kingdom(Earth)
being equally Good and Evil.

So, most know that when the Worlds are descended there is increasingly less Good.
So if you start with the Sephira of Kether in Atziluth you have pure Good and no Evil.
As you descend through Briah, and Yetzirah the level of good decreases.
Arriving at a balance. I can even entertain the idea of Malkuth being both a Sephira,
and a Qlippa, a sort of threshold between the two trees.

So Ultimately, you arrive at pure Evil in the Qlippa of Kether.

Also, given that Good and Evil may not appeal to some as they are subjective terms.
This Spectrum could also be looked upon as qualitative.

This Paradigm maybe shouldn't be taken as an actual structure of existence, but more of
a diagram of it, or an explanation. In contrast with actuality.

I didn't expect it to end this way, but I may have created more questions than I answered.
Now i'm thinking about merging the two Trees into something that is closer to it's actual existence.
While preserving the spectrum.

I'm actually thinking about deleting all this now, but i'll leave it.
Cheers

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

It causes problems for me to think of the Qlippoth as a distinct standalone Model.
With regard to any real existence.
In actuality, to think of them as aspects of the Sephiroth which adds dynamics
and quality to the schema.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spida wrote: I didn't expect it to end this way, but I may have created more questions than I answered.
Now i'm thinking about merging the two Trees into something that is closer to it's actual existence.
While preserving the spectrum.
What you're describing actually sounds quite a bit like the Martinist take on it, particularly I think of Robert Ambelaine's Practical Kabbalah. The only thing he added, that if a person goes further into imbalance they climb the tree of qliphoth and if they reach the kether of that point they're ejected into the outer darkness, passed the ring-pass-not, or whatever else.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I don't remember hearing Fortune refer to the Ring-pass-not,
But I definitely remember hearing Blavatsky mention it a couple times,
And I have only read a small portion of the Secret Doctrine. Cherry picked
I might add.

Every time I hear it mentioned, and I may be way off on this.
It brings to mind the 11th dimension in M-Theory - The Brane
or Membrane that encapsulates the Universe. Appearing as a
ring in two dimensions, or a sphere in three.

This Ring would be expanding into the Bulk at superluminal speed.
The vastness of this concept is mind bending.
Suffice it to say that being cast out beyond it would be tantamount
to being kicked out of the Universe. What a crazy idea,
Something I should be used to by now.

Cheers

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Motumbá, people!

A parentesis: The post about Quimbanda that I promised http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 20&t=39243

Saravá
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

- Dion Fortune

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spida wrote: This Ring would be expanding into the Bulk at superluminal speed.
The vastness of this concept is mind bending.
Suffice it to say that being cast out beyond it would be tantamount
to being kicked out of the Universe. What a crazy idea,
Something I should be used to by now.
DF said something about comets on that one if I remember as well (you might have had the same source I'm thinking of - Cosmic Doctrine?), but what she said made me wonder if she might have just meant the solar system. Either way I get the impression that being in the outer darkness is probably akin to spending most of one's time and energy, day in and day out for billions of years, trying not to be ripped to shreds by chaos.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

WillowDarkWytch wrote:Motumbá, people!

A parentesis: The post about Quimbanda that I promised http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 20&t=39243

Saravá
Idansinají
Thanks for this! will give it a read when im next able to.

As for the Sephira and Qlippha I dont see them as good and evil, i see this is a very incorrect assessment based on hard dualism. I see them more as competing polarities, one is the ordering force keeping the material world in place and feeding it, the other the roots that return to source.

But this only works if you dont see the material world as evil or some how 'corrupt'. I find such an idea pretty distasteful, and feel such a conclusion is why we have large, world denying, defeatist cults so prevalent at this time in our races development.

Going on to the outer darkness - in our practice the ring pass nots are very important to spiritual development. The outer darkness you mention is the forge of souls, beyond universes, and there is a very extreme test there for those who would actually go that far. Your description sounds pretty much what i've heard described is undergone by those who fail.
(admin approved link)

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

One of the problems I have, is that I have gotten so used to thinking of Kether,
AKA The Primordial Point, as the pre-cursor to the Big Bang. The So-called
Singularity that Hawking went on about endlessly. It damn sure looks like
a piece of the puzzle to me, the first piece I might add. Possibly as part of
an Infinite cycle. And after eons of Cosmic anabolism you finally arrive at the
manifested world of Assiah, and ultimately Earth.

Furthermore, I see a Major template of creation in the first five Sephiroth.
Kether which is somehow self-begotten and unified from the Veils of negative
existence, then a division into the Supernal male and female archetypes.
And then an emanation of the archetypal offspring. So you have, Father
Co-equal Mother, Son, and Daughter. Chockmah, Binah, Chesed,
and Geburah. Makes sense to me, I have even extrapolated similar concepts
before I even had any knowledge of the TOL.

So to sum up, a qualitative expansion of THIS Tree makes more sense
to me at the present time. Then a whole other copy that serves a different function.
Analogous to mixing apples and oranges. Kether means one thing to me, and one
thing only. I could be wrong though.

So, this leaves me with the thought that if you wanted to re-use the TOL Template
for a different purpose, and cleaned it out. Maybe this would be akin to the Empty
Shells of the Qlippoth.

I haven't been reading extensively, so I apologize If I am being ignorant about
anything.

Cheers

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”