any info on necromancy

ijustwantthetruth
Forum Member
Forum Member

any info on necromancy

Post by ijustwantthetruth »

Hello, i am interested in anything any of you know about the practice of necromancy it has been an intereast of mine for quite some time and while i gain the magickal control to do it myself i want to learn more....everything about it. any information or even thory would be appreciated. however if it is just theory or free thought let me know. thank you.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: any info on necromancy

Post by the_spiral »

I don't understand your query. If you've already mastered necromancy yourself, what further information do you need? You should already know the basics and also know how little can be shared in a public forum beyond that.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

S. Connolly has a couple of books on necromancy and Necromantic magic.

Daniel Ogden "Greek and Roman Necromancy" is required reading at some universities and his other book about Magic, Witchcraft and Ghosts in the Greek and Roman Worlds is published by oxford.

ijustwantthetruth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ijustwantthetruth »

you misunderstand its always been an interest but its difficult to find reliable information and while i gain ability and prowess to be able to practice it myself i wish to learn. for that i need books older would be better but any would help.

and t hank you ill take a look at the resources you suggested.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Oh ok, I thought you were saying you were a practicing necromancer already. Which is why I was saying you'd know there are initiations involved in the deeper levels of work that shouldn't be discussed in public. But if you are looking for books, for a historical texts I recommend "Forbidden Rites: A Necromancer's Manual of the Fifteenth Century" and for a practical texts "Communing with the Spirits: The Magical Practice of Necromancy" (although that book assumes the practitioner has some experience conjuring spirits already). But there are no entry level practice-oriented books for this because it's not an entry level practice.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

the_spiral wrote: Which is why I was saying you'd know there are initiations involved in the deeper levels of work that shouldn't be discussed in public.
Interesting. Over here it's never been a real secret or any form of initiation to talk about.
Which system are you refereeing to that has these kind of practices?

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Desecrated wrote:
the_spiral wrote: Which is why I was saying you'd know there are initiations involved in the deeper levels of work that shouldn't be discussed in public.
Interesting. Over here it's never been a real secret or any form of initiation to talk about.
No, I just mean that most of the available information is already out there in books and whatnot. After you start working with the spirits they usually don't want you discussing the work publicly. So the public information serves more as a generic "introduction" to necromancy while the deeper knowledge can only be learned from direct experience. Have you found this not to be the case in your own practices?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

the_spiral wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
No, I just mean that most of the available information is already out there in books and whatnot. After you start working with the spirits they usually don't want you discussing the work publicly. So the public information serves more as a generic "introduction" to necromancy while the deeper knowledge can only be learned from direct experience. Have you found this not to be the case in your own practices?
If you and I have a conversation in private. I'm not going to post the details of it. But I don't think there is any initiations to get to that point. I pick up the phone and call you, you answer.
The techniques are openly discussed, but what was discussed stays between the two people talking.
But I've never come across any spirits that needs some sort of special method to be called that I can't discuss openly.

antsubut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by antsubut »

Go for Necromonicon by Dr. John Dee.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Desecrated wrote:
the_spiral wrote:s why I was saying you'd know there are initiations involved in the deeper levels of work that shouldn't be discussed in public.
If you and I have a conversation in private. I'm not going to post the details of it. But I don't think there is any initiations to get to that point. I pick up the phone and call you, you answer.
The techniques are openly discussed, but what was discussed stays between the two people talking.
But I've never come across any spirits that needs some sort of special method to be called that I can't discuss openly.[/quote]

That's interesting; I've learned a lot of practical skills from spirits that I'm not allowed to share in any way. I've learned unique ways to call on certain spirits, as well as methods for casting that have only been written about a few times. Are you sure you're communicating with entities that actually have something to offer?
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Haelos wrote: That's interesting; I've learned a lot of practical skills from spirits that I'm not allowed to share in any way. I've learned unique ways to call on certain spirits, as well as methods for casting that have only been written about a few times. Are you sure you're communicating with entities that actually have something to offer?
Nope.

Hoodedrat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hoodedrat »

http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/~db ... 55/images/

That right there is the Munich Manual of Demonic Magic aka the Necromancers Manual. If you have a working understanding of Latin it's got everything you need.
Pluviophile~ A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lluaby." - Langston Hughes

Mage
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mage »

ijustwantthetruth wrote:Hello, i am interested in anything any of you know about the practice of necromancy it has been an intereast of mine for quite some time and while i gain the magickal control to do it myself i want to learn more....everything about it. any information or even thory would be appreciated. however if it is just theory or free thought let me know. thank you.

Necromancy is one of the most difficult parts of Planetary Magick. Learning Necromancy without an experienced teacher, just from books, is impossible. The main source of knowledge with regard to Necromancy is the Sacred Book of Seth, also known as the Black Book.

Learning Necromancy has to do with the step-by-step formation of the following skills:

1. The skill of feeling the energy of Death. In order to learn this, one learns to feel the difference between the dead and the living, by comparing the energetics of corpses and living beings. When this step is completed, you can feel the amount of Death energy in any human.

2. The next step is concerned with transferring the energy of Death form the dead to the living and from the living to the dead. In order to do that, one visits cemeteries and charges there talismans and objects of Power with the energy of Death.

3. One learns to create spells from the energy of Death and puts them on different objects.

4. One learns to open the gates to the World of the Dead, to summon the souls of the dead.

5. The Necromancer explores the World of the Dead, learns how to interact with its inhabitants and finds a Teacher there for himself.

6. The Mage learns to open Portals to the World of Death and creates Sources of Death. At this level it is possible to raise the dead.

7. The next steps of learning have to do with body transformation and creating a Mage's Abode in the World of the Dead.
Magisterium Academy of Magick http://magisterium.online

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”