Astral realms and gatekeepers

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Astral realms and gatekeepers

Post by LoneWolf »

I've read in many places that there are some forces guarding certain places.

I have experienced something that fits into that.

Should I fight, make friends with that, or work on myself until I am allowed?

I hesistated wheter or not to fight the thing and was sent back here shortly after.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Astral realms and gatekeepers

Post by CCoburn »

Brute force method doesn't seem viable, or they wouldn't be much of a Gatekeeper.

Sometimes they can be transparent, but formidable. Your approach would be deflected
before you even got to a point of confrontation.

Formulate the metaphorical key that allows passage the proper way.

Regards <---Did I steal this from you? [grin]

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

TIP 1: THE GATEKEEPER IS NOT THE ENEMY
TIP 2: DON'T PRETEND TO BE SOMETHING YOUR NOT.
TIP 3: THE GATEKEEPER IS A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE
TIP 4: DON’T SELL TO THE GATEKEEPER
TIP 5: ENGAGE, DON’T EVADE

Don’t be awkward, don’t try to sneak past the Gatekeeper, the chances are you’ll get cut off at the knees. Actively engage with the Gatekeeper. Don’t get too personal, don’t pry, but you can gently probe. If you can’t get through to the DM, engage the Gatekeeper so that they have a positive and friendly attitude towards you when you call again. You’re unlikely to become best friends, but building a relationship and a rapport with them will help them want to help you.

TIP 6: EASY DOES IT

If you are nervous, stressed or tense, you will transfer those feelings to your voice, your behaviour and choice of words. All of these will make an impact on how the Gatekeeper perceives you and therefore how they receive your request for access or information. Take some deep slow quiet breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth to put yourself at ease. When the Gatekeeper answers, smile and confidently greet them with energy and ease.

SerafinTronu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by SerafinTronu »

LoneWolf wrote:I've read in many places that there are some forces guarding certain places.
It is true that there are guards: territories, gates and other places.
LoneWolf wrote:Should I fight, make friends with that, or work on myself until I am allowed?

We should not fight with those guardians. Somethimes we can cross those gates without permision, somethimes we need that permision.
not all the doors are always open for us.

It is always a reason for which we can not exceed certain doors, gates.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

Thank you for your kind replies.
Spida wrote:
Formulate the metaphorical key that allows passage the proper way.
Now that I recall, Crowley talks about that in Liber ABA and gives some words or keys. Are you refering to these?
Being my first attempt I didn't keep such words in mind.
Spida wrote:
Regards <---Did I steal this from you? [grin]
[happy]
Desecrated wrote: TIP 3: THE GATEKEEPER IS A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE
Excellent. I will keep it in mind. Let's see what I learn from him.
Thank you for your useful tips.
SerafinTronu wrote: It is always a reason for which we can not exceed certain doors, gates.
Indeed I think I wasn't let in because I wasn't ready, however my nature makes me want to enter. I see it as a test I must past to access greater knowledge. I will get ready.

Regards

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

Good luck.

I'm finishing up Israel Regardie Tree of Life and remember he had a chapter where he dealt for a few pages with guardians. His suggestion seemed to be toward transmuting one's self to fit the gate.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I definitely don't recommend fighting the gatekeepers! You're not likely to win, and if by some chance you do the realm you enter will be hostile to your energetic structure. It's prudent to be realistic about our place on the astral food chain.

This class of spirits are often ancient (some pre-existent to humanity), have access to deep stores of wisdom, and are much more powerful than they appear, i.e. if it looks like a little old man hobbling on crutches, assume it is the exact opposite of that. If a realm or current you wish to enter has an established gatekeeper it's worth your time to do your research, approach respectfully and bring an offering. When you visit someone's house, you bring a gift. Same here. These spirits can be powerful allies if you approach them correctly. They can ease your passage, alert other spirits in their realm to be friendly to you, and even assign you familiars to work with. But you won't have a fun time in that realm (if you even manage to get through) if you offend its gatekeeper.

And if they say no, it's not always a permanent thing. Maybe you're not ready, or you didn't approach in an appropriate manner. Maybe what's behind the door just isn't for you. But keep in mind they exist for a reason and wouldn't be there if they weren't good at their jobs.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Abyss »

Interesting replies. Feel all posts gave good advice. It is like any travel, one needs a ticket and leave the baggage at the door. What is in your consciousness they know and are quite capable of reflecting back to you the areas that you need to work on, if you felt that you should fight, assess how this belief or idea is of service to you in this life. Love is the key to all doors.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
Love is knowing I am everything,
and between the two my life moves.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

So where were you trying to enter? I mean, not just the owner of original post but, everybody else, when and where was the last time you have seen a gatekeeper?

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OrderoftheSerpent »

LoneWolf wrote:I've read in many places that there are some forces guarding certain places.

I have experienced something that fits into that.

Should I fight, make friends with that, or work on myself until I am allowed?

I hesistated wheter or not to fight the thing and was sent back here shortly after.
I suppose it depends on which entity, and which gate it is keeping sealed. In most cases I try to befriend gatekeepers, such as Thoth, Set, Prometheus, Lucifer, Yog-Sothoth, and so forth. What I would say is make sure you are prepared, because gatekeepers tend to expect a lot from travellers.
"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”