Are the Gods Losing Power?

ScholarOfAthena
Forum Member
Forum Member

Are the Gods Losing Power?

Post by ScholarOfAthena »

Are the Gods losing power? I just feel that in some way, the gods seem to just not do as much as they were said to do.

I recently talked to someone who had reminded me of the idea of magical sacrifice. Aren't we supposed to keep the gods up and alive so the world runs smoothly? Like give them our energy so that they can function, is that why we perform sacrificial ceremonies? Also during the sabbats, aren't we supposed to cast a circle, raise power and then sacrifice it to the gods?

I just am concerned, sometimes I just feel that the gods are dying. I don't know why.
Truth is a breath, a wind, a shadow. Long have I pursued it, but never have I touched the hem of its garment.

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Are the Gods Losing Power?

Post by Robin_Alexander »

It might help to know which gods you mean?

It's just this is appearing in the 'site discussion' section to me, so I'm not sure how to respond. There are a lot of theories and beliefs regarding 'gods'; there's some Eastern beliefs that say gods are more like strong spirits that reside in objects or places all around us, while you have ancient beliefs such as the Greeks, where Gods were physical people in a physical place and capable of great feats of magic, and then you have everything and anything in between.

Arguably, depending which gods you mean, people are still preforming ceremonies (some tribes still participate in sacrificial ceremonies for their gods, albeit not people, but usually animals) . . . the major religions are still strong, such as Hinduism, where many gods are worshipped and given great ceremony toward.

Might help to be a bit more specific? :-S

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Yes.

Hoodedrat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hoodedrat »

I don't think this should have been posted in the Site Discussion area. The Gods are not losing power, it's simply that they have less people to work with or who notice their presence. What's dying is the worlds knowledge of the spiritual.
Pluviophile~ A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lluaby." - Langston Hughes

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

Some are dying, some are leaving... I can see that.
Only Lovers Left Alive

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Moved the topic.

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

The pyramids are folding up.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Abyss »

ScholarOfAthena wrote:Are the Gods losing power? I just feel that in some way, the gods seem to just not do as much as they were said to do.

I just am concerned, sometimes I just feel that the gods are dying. I don't know why.
The Gods/Goddess/Creators are very much alive and in all ways represent the light of creation, are eternal beings, are aware living light and death does not exist as we know it. They are watching us in silence and will return soon and many of us will reside with them as we did in our history like the times of Atlantis. I look forward to seeing and witnessing the return of many incarnations fulfilling all beliefs - Krishna, Jesus, Osiris, Isis, Buddha, Allah, etc. They will return not as saviours but as guardians, they will not do for us what we need to do. The time of great change will be all that one believes it will be. We will then be told all truth of our creation and history. Feel we are in a repeat cycle of history that we refer to as Noah, this story which of course is incomplete, hidden, suppressed and tampered with for reasons of hierarchy and control, as with all our ancient secrets and wisdom. Just another view, take a look as to why God destroyed the earth, not just the Bible but the Torah, and the story is also in many ancient texts, little pieces create a vision of the whole. The world God implies a separate being out there and separate from us but really God is the plasma of all existence (The One in All, All in One) and incarnates into powerful wondrous beings which represent creation. [smile]
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
Love is knowing I am everything,
and between the two my life moves.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yeshai »

God hasn't lost any power.
The celestial hosts haven't lost their power.
The devils have not lost their power.

In the age we are living in, it is simply administered differently. Call it the age of grace. And in an atheistic society like America and Europe, a scientific explanation is somehow always conjured for things that, in the past, would have been seen as supernatural.

It's my belief that the greatest "signs and wonders" are yet to be loosed on this earth.
Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I could put it another way, and i'm not saying this is the reality of it. But you could also say that the Gods stopped caring because nobody seems to give a shit anymore. People take everything for granted. Consumed by handheld gadgets and technology in general.

This is one of the reasons it makes me feel special to a degree, to have the Sun as part of my Ritual. And hopefully this feeling is reciprocated by my respect, admiration, and dedication to it.

Cheers

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”