The Sha Animal (Set animal)

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Sha Animal (Set animal)

Post by OrderoftheSerpent »

I received a Sha animal tattoo for April 30th this past month. I was reading about the Sha animal in "Seth: God of Confusion" before hand with a friend. In it we learned that the Sha animal itself, specifically, was a symbol meaning "destiny." Not fate, I interpreted it more as True Will. More to the point, it represented a type of destiny apart from the natural order/Maat. Te Velde gives many different words that come from the Sha, such as illness, to be afflicted, crisis, to be partial, to disturb, to boast, storm cloud, and many more (page 23).

There are two different types of words here. One kind is associated with regular "dark", Setian things like storms and being partial. The others come off quite negative, something my friend pointed out. "Why get a glyph for the destiny of illness." It made me realize how people don't even consider the fact that yes, Egypt was the birth of philosophy, religion, scripture, language, etc., but they were also ignorant in many ways.

The sha animal illustrates this perfectly. Now we know that illness, crisis, affliction, etc are not some evil, supernatural oppression, in fact they are extraordinarily natural! The Egyptians had no way to know this. They thought the natural order was benevolent, but we've come to learn it's harsh and uncaring, if not downright malevolent. While explaining the world through a language system for the first time literally ever, the metaphysics behind the symbols caused false associations. Why? There was basically no knowledge!

What we have today is certainly superior to what the Egyptians had back then, it's inevitable. We've learned so much more, come to such diverse opinion, there's no way we could even expect them to know as much. But this doesn't devalue the importance of Egypt at all. It's like the Einstein quote about not judging a fish by it's ability to climb a tree. And I believe this is a positive thing. Modify message
"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: The Sha Animal (Set animal)

Post by Desecrated »

So this method that you are using: Pretending to share information when you are just preaching. Does it work better than just straight out preach?
I've always been interesting in manipulation and deception, and it does seem like a less aggressive approach, but is it working? Do people actually swallow the bait?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Desecrated wrote:So this method that you are using: Pretending to share information when you are just preaching. Does it work better than just straight out preach?
I've always been interesting in manipulation and deception, and it does seem like a less aggressive approach, but is it working? Do people actually swallow the bait?
Well, few already did. So I'm sure there is always fish to catch. The sick, the slow and the easily distracted ones.

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Desecrated wrote:So this method that you are using: Pretending to share information when you are just preaching. Does it work better than just straight out preach?
I'm flattered by your insecure stalking :)
"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote:
I'm flattered by your insecure stalking :)
That is a very good technique.
Not only are you avoiding the question, but you are also shifting the blame towards the other person, as well as attacking on an emotional level. I like the "insecure" angle, it's very effective aginst assholes like me who think they know everything.
I find it even more effective if you add something like, 'honey', or 'sweety' at the end. It has that demeanor twang to it without sounding aggressive, almost like you're concerned for the person because of their overwhelming level of stupidity.

But since this is a discussion forum, I'll retort to what you just said.
No, I'm not putting any substantial energy towards you specifically. I usually responds to most of the threads on this forum. So if you post 4-5 threads, chances are that you will see me in most of them.

So back to the issue.
Is your methods effective?

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Desecrated wrote:
That is a very good technique.
Not only are you avoiding the question, but you are also shifting the blame towards the other person, as well as attacking on an emotional level. I like the "insecure" angle, it's very effective aginst assholes like me who think they know everything.
I find it even more effective if you add something like, 'honey', or 'sweety' at the end. It has that demeanor twang to it without sounding aggressive, almost like you're concerned for the person because of their overwhelming level of stupidity.

But since this is a discussion forum, I'll retort to what you just said.
No, I'm not putting any substantial energy towards you specifically. I usually responds to most of the threads on this forum. So if you post 4-5 threads, chances are that you will see me in most of them.

So back to the issue.
Is your methods effective?
You came in accusing me of being deceptive and proselytizing, when I was simply sharing some knowledge and my view on it. This is not the way to increase your abilities as an occultist.
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Cerber wrote:
Well, few already did. So I'm sure there is always fish to catch. The sick, the slow and the easily distracted ones.
Don't forget the outright gullible who have no choice but to swallow the dis-informed views paraded around as fact.But we have learnt so much from these Black Magic people since they decided to bring their forum here.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

violetstar wrote:
Cerber wrote:
Don't forget the outright gullible who have no choice but to swallow the dis-informed views paraded around as fact.But we have learnt so much from these Black Magic people since they decided to bring their forum here.
Maybe that's one of the way natural selection works.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote:
You came in accusing me of being deceptive and proselytizing, when I was simply sharing some knowledge and my view on it.
This is good, continue to shift the blame. The Galileo Argument is always effective.
So what I will do, to counter that, is to take responsibility for your accusation: Yes, I'm claiming that you are deceptive and proselytizing.
You come to this site, not as a person, but as a representative of a group, and then you start threads that are absolute statements of fact and not questions or arguments. I am not interested in these statements, but rather your method of stating them.
This is not the way to increase your abilities as an occultist.
This however is a weak argument. The red herring method is really transparent when using it on the internet. It works in real life because it shocks the other person into reacting to what you just said. But when I have the chance to think about it, it only stands out as a weak attempt to distract from the issue.

At no point did I mention this inquiry to be an improvement on my talents as an occultist. I don't even think we are discussing an occult mater at this point. I'm rather asking about your method of conveying your information. Don't try to shift the argument onto me, just answer the question instead.

And in case you have forgotten the question, I'll repeat it again:

So this method that you are using: Pretending to share information when you are just preaching. Does it work better than just straight out preach?

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am a lone individual, but obviously the O.S., LHP, and intellectual thought is not welcome on these forums.
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote:I am a lone individual, but obviously the O.S., LHP, and intellectual thought is not welcome on these forums.
I disagree with this.Firstly all Paths are welcome here and intellectualism has been portrayed in the post above.

The ideologies of the O.S are in my opinion flawed and perhaps taking from them caused you to post what you deemed statements of fact but have been proven false on this forum.

As an individual I personally find you intelligent,sincere and interesting.However,that your postings come across as preaching and that it seemed you were touting for new recruits for the O.S. I cannot dispute.

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

violetstar wrote:
OrderoftheSerpent wrote:I am a lone individual, but obviously the O.S., LHP, and intellectual thought is not welcome on these forums.
I disagree with this.Firstly all Paths are welcome here and intellectualism has been portrayed in the post above.

The ideologies of the O.S are in my opinion flawed and perhaps taking from them caused you to post what you deemed statements of fact but have been proven false on this forum.

As an individual I personally find you intelligent,sincere and interesting.However,that your postings come across as preaching and that it seemed you were touting for new recruits for the O.S. I cannot dispute.
Would you care to point out which of the information is inaccurate?
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote:
violetstar wrote:

Would you care to point out which of the information is inaccurate?
Basically too much to list.Here is one example from the O.S, site

"the star Algol means The Demon"

This is incorrect as the Arabic أس الغول means Head of the Ogre or Ghoul.The English translation loses the essence of the mythology which in closed circles has a very particular meaning.I did not find that meaning anywhere on the O.S. site.

I have already pointed out your flawed attempt to associate Azazel with the Peacock Angel of the Yezidi and though I could fill this thread with similar errors I have seen on the O.S.site you promote here,I assumed my words to you in my last post might have prompted you as a lone individual to check their ideologies and indeed facts for yourself.

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

violetstar wrote:[

This is incorrect as the Arabic أس الغول means Head of the Ogre or Ghoul.The English translation loses the essence of the mythology which in closed circles has a very particular meaning.I did not find that meaning anywhere on the O.S. site.

I have already pointed out your flawed attempt to associate Azazel with the Peacock Angel of the Yezidi and though I could fill this thread with similar errors I have seen on the O.S.site you promote here,I assumed my words to you in my last post might have prompted you as a lone individual to check their ideologies and indeed facts for yourself.
Where did you see something about the star Algol?

The yezidi do in fact tie Azazel to Melek Taus, whether you decide to admit that or not. You may consider actually studying them? I believe it's Expanding Mind that has a great podcast on them, and plenty with Levenda I'm sure.

You also mentioned no single mistake in the thread we're actually in so.... try again?
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

I'm curious what you believe to be misinformation or incorrect? I've quickly learned this forum is quick to accuse information of being false without even mentioning which information.
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote:

The yezidi do in fact tie Azazel to Melek Taus, whether you decide to admit that or not. You may consider actually studying them? I believe it's Expanding Mind that has a great podcast on them, and plenty with Levenda I'm sure.

You also mentioned no single mistake in the thread we're actually in so.... try again?
Look,I have attempted to be civil toward you but now I see I was mistaken to do so.

I do not need to study your flawed sources.But then what do I know? I am a mere University lecturer on Mesopotamian History.Now go away.

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

violetstar wrote:
OrderoftheSerpent wrote:

Look,I have attempted to be civil toward you but now I see I was mistaken to do so.

I do not need to study your flawed sources.But then what do I know? I am a mere University lecturer on Mesopotamian History.Now go away.
So you're an academic but won't educate a supposedly mistaken individual, or even engage him or point out his mistakes? Hahaha, stay far away from the O.S. please!
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Violet Star :

Question , as you say you lecture on these types of subjects...

I would truly appreciate a historian's perspective , though in my
tradition , we value an initiate's experience just as highly...

Outer and inner circles , one may say , if one chooses... [wink]

So , the question : How would you explain this ?

Have you read the "Black Book" , mentioned here ?

Is Azazel mentioned in it , and equated in the text to the Peacock Angel ,
Melek Taus ( Tawus) ?

"Within the sacred text of the Yezidis, the Black Book, specific reference is made to Azazel, equating the Peacock Angel with Azazel.
There are several versions of this book extent from the Middle Ages, copies transcribed online."

Does your knowledge , or position stem from differing versions , and which are accepted , or not , by academia ?

Or is your knowledge from another source ?

Thanks in advance for your time...

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote:
I'm curious what you believe to be misinformation or incorrect? I've quickly learned this forum is quick to accuse information of being false without even mentioning which information.
I never said anything about the information being incorrect. That is another red herring.
And of course a good followup with the Galileo argument again.

THIS method is actually working, because now, I'm bored.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote: You may consider actually studying them? I believe it's Expanding Mind that has a great podcast on them, and plenty with Levenda I'm sure.
That is the problem with the yazidi. There are no good sources to study them. A podcast and a know fraud isn't exactly strong sources.
Even Azi Rasa who have been in the field with them admits that there is still a lot that is unknown. There has also been criticism from Dengê Êzîdîyan and other sources.
This passive aggressive approach isn't helping anybody, provide us with some actual peer-reviewed sources that backs up your claim.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Violet Star :

Question , as you say you lecture on these types of subjects...

I would truly appreciate a historian's perspective , though in my
tradition , we value an initiate's experience just as highly...

Outer and inner circles , one may say , if one chooses... [wink]

So , the question : How would you explain this ?

Is Azazel mentioned in it , and equated in the text to the Peacock Angel ,
Melek Taus ( Tawus) ?

"Within the sacred text of the Yezidis, the Black Book, specific reference is made to Azazel, equating the Peacock Angel with Azazel.
There are several versions of this book extent from the Middle Ages, copies transcribed online."

Does your knowledge , or position stem from differing versions , and which are accepted , or not , by academia ?

Or is your knowledge from another source ?

Thanks in advance for your time...
My original post on this matter was as follows:

That is not exactly correct.The Scapegoat rite is earlier than the attribution of Azazel to it.That came later in the Enochic literature.The word לַעֲזָאזֵל means to remove completely and though translated as 'for Azazel' this was originally an epithet for either a barren desert place or the mountain on which the apotropaic rite was performed.

"There is no evidence of Azazel being an actual entity outside of the Dead Sea Scrolls and there is no connection here with the Yezidic Melek Taus.That was formed by Muslim writers who saw the Peacock Angel as Satan,Islamic persecution of the Yezidi was the result of Muslim Clerics who wrongly connected Azazel with the Angel-exactly as you have done here."

As you can see,in context I argued against the connection with Azazel and Melek Taus as a demon,no evidence exists to suggest Yazidis worship Tawûsê Melek as the same figure ie as الشیطان or Shaitan.The latter is abhorrent to the Yezidi.

The OP from the O.S. infers the equation and as they are what people would generally regard their writings as neo-Satanic I chose to point out to the Forum that their OP was incorrect

I have of course read the text you cite and if you have access to academic databases you will see the primary sources relevant.Alternatively basic information that supports my argument can be found on the web.Had you conducted research you would have seen this:

"Scholars generally agree that the Book of Revelation and the Black Book, which were published in English translation in 1911 and 1913, respectively, are 'forgeries' in the sense they were written by non-Yazidis in response to Western travelers’ and scholars’ interest in the Yazidi religion. Nonetheless they do reflect authentic Yazidi traditions"

Note that it states ;reflect' rather than actual fact.

In academia an argument is used to challenge a statement that is deemed to carry erroneous assumptions(among other issues).Here it is not my job to defend my argument but that of the OP-in this case the O.S.,to defend against it.This is how academia works.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:

"It is now generally accepted that the manuscripts of the Yazidi Sacred Books, the Masḥafā Reš and Ketēbā Jelwa,published in 1911 and 1913, were ‘forgeries’ in the sense that they were written by non-Yazidis in response to Western travelers’ and scholars’ interest in the Yazidi religion. "
Encyclopædia Iranica

"Encyclopædia Iranica is a project whose goal is to create a comprehensive and authoritative English language encyclopedia about the history, culture, and civilization of Iranian peoples from prehistory to modern times"
"The Encyclopædia Iranica is a comprehensive research tool dedicated to the study of Iranian civilization in the Middle East, the Caucasus, Central Asia, and the Indian subcontinent."

http://www.iranicaonline.org/

The article of yazidi is edited by Professor Christine Allison
BA (Oxon), Ph.D. (SOAS)
Director of the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies, Ibrahim Ahmed Professor of Kurdish Studies, Director of the Centre for Kurdish Studies

http://socialsciences.exeter.ac.uk/iais/staff/allison/

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thanks , Violet Star...appreciate the time in answering my question...

I do practice and teach the Faery Tradition...( 23 + years )

I would agree with you thoroughly as to the negative stance toward Shaitan ,
or any "Sh" sound...I do know why as an initiate , not an academic...

However , in the Faery , and Feri Traditions , the Peacock God , is associated
not necessarily with Azrael , yet a rebellious "angel" , who has redeemed "him" self...

As in a Luciferian Phoenix aspect...

I do not mind academia having their ways...and in the minds of academics , their
need for peer review , and a fact based mindset requiring proof...

However , initiates do not need proof...we do not function that way , nor are we
programmed , or wired that way ( Absolutely No Insult Or Slight Meant Or Intended )

We just have a different veiw...If it is finally proven to academia's satisfaction ,
the Yazidi do have some equation between a Luciferian type deity , and Melek Taus ( Tawus ) ,
that shall be good for them , and the academic world...

Yet the Yazidi will have never needed proof if this is the case...they just lived it...

As do those initiated into inner circles , outside of the direct culture...

I am not defending the Op statements or position...however , I am stating why I have
never chosen to go to college , or follow the academic path , nor do I choose to embrace
the path of the need for empirical evidence...

I choose to live the magic , and study it from the inside out...not the outside in...

I see this as different approaches...neither wrong , just neither for everyone...

Each to their own way , to finding the answers , on the path...

Best to you... [wink]
Last edited by Shawn Blackwolf on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thanks for the links , Desecrated...

I shall look at them tomorrow / today , later...

4:30 am here...I am ready for bed...lol !

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Thanks , Violet Star...appreciate the time in answering my question...

I do practice and teach the Faery Tradition...( 23 + years )

I would agree with you thoroughly as to the negative stance toward Shaitan ,
or any "Sh" sound...I do know why as an initiate , not an academic...

However , in the Faery , and Feri Traditions , the Peacock God , is associated
not necessarily with Azrael , yet a rebellious "angel" , who has redeemed "him" self...

As in a Luciferian Phoenix aspect...

I do not mind academia having their ways...and in the minds of academics , their
need for peer review , and a fact based mindset requiring proof...

However , initiates do not need proof...we do not function that way , nor are we
programmed , or wired that way ( Absolutely No Insult Or Slight Meant Or Intended )

We just have a different veiw...If it is finally proven to academia's satisfaction ,
the Yazidi do have some equation between a Luciferian type deity , and Melek Taus ( Tawus ) ,
that shall be good for them , and the academic world...

Yet the Yazidi will have never needed proof if this is the case...they just lived it...

As do those initiated into inner circles , outside of the direct culture...

I am not defending the Op statements or position...however , I am stating why I have
never chosen to go to college , or follow the academic path , nor do I choose to embrace
the path of the need for empirical evidence...

I choose to live the magic , and study it from the inside out...not the outside in...

I see this as different approaches...neither wrong , just neither for everyone...

Each to their own way , to finding the answers , on the path...

Best to you... [wink]
What you say now is exactly how I first viewed your postings.It may interest you to know that the new generation of European scholars are actively working with Occultists rather than against them.This is clearly laid out in a major work edited by Egil Asprem and Kennet Grantholm.In their Contemporary Esotericism there is a subtitle within a chapter which states:

"Academics as Co-Producers of Occultural Knowledge"

I think that says it all.Best to you too.

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”