Do you know the days when bad mojo will come raining down?

Nancyphant
Forum Member
Forum Member

Do you know the days when bad mojo will come raining down?

Post by Nancyphant »

The Danish renaissance astrologer Tycho Brahe is said to have used astrology to identify the four lucky, and the thirty three unlucky, days of the year. And isn't it a bummer that there are more bad mojo dates than there are auspicious? Find out more, should it please you [happyface] :

http://www.cyprianus.se/en/2017/07/13/a ... rahe-days/
I am a Swedish artist, witch and researcher.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Do you know the days when bad mojo will come raining dow

Post by Desecrated »

The story that Tycho Brahe was given the order by emperor Rudolf II is sketchy at best and most researchers thinks this is an later invention.
They don't appear in print until 1733, about 100 years after the death of both Tycho and Rudolf.

But I have the 1875 version in front of me and it says this:

1. Those who gets sick on these day will never recover
2. Those that are born on this day will not live long, or live in great woe.
3. Those who marry on this day will have a life on neverending problems.
4. Those who move house, or take on a new job on these days will become desolate.
5. Those who travel shall receive much evil.
6. Never go to court with anybody on these days.

Nancyphant
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nancyphant »

Wow, thank you for this additional information! The Swedish farmers calendar is scarce on sources! May I ask you where you came by the information? Thank you kindly [happyface]
I am a Swedish artist, witch and researcher.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Nancyphant wrote:Wow, thank you for this additional information! The Swedish farmers calendar is scarce on sources! May I ask you where you came by the information? Thank you kindly [happyface]
I have a couple of editions of the bondepraktika in my reading room.

As for the information on tycho and the emperor I used 'Institutet för språk och folkminnen' to quick check, then recheck that information with nationalencyklopedin and Nordisk familjebok.
You can find some of the information on runeberg.

http://runeberg.org/nfap/0534.html

If you use the libris (biblioteksök) you can find different information about different editions of the bondepraktikan:

http://libris.kb.se/hitlist?q=AMNE%3A%2 ... aktikan%29

There is also more information about them in the nationalencyklopedin.

And then at the bottom page of wikipedia I found these sources:

Holmberg, Teodor (1912). ”Vårt folks gamla bildningskällor”. Svenska folkhögskolans årsbok 1912(9),: sid. 28-36. Libris 9836379

Nelson, Axel (1934). "Om den svenska bondepraktikans ursprung". Nordisk tidskrift för bok- och biblioteksväsen, Årgång XXI, sid 45–50

Rehnberg, Mats (1954). Vad är bondepraktikan?. Stockholm: Nordiska museet. Libris 2089461

Svensson, Sigfrid, red (1968). Den gamla svenska bondepraktikan (6. uppl.). Stockholm: Fabel. Libris 8842199

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”