Three Kinds Of Reincarnation

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Three Kinds Of Reincarnation

Post by violetstar »

In the kabbalistic literature three types of reincarnation are mentioned:

1. gilgul, transmigration proper, in which a soul that had previously inhabited one body is sent back to earth to inhabit another body.

2. ibbur, “impregnation,” in which a soul descends from heaven in order to assist another soul in the body.

3. dybbuk, a generally late concept, in which a guilt‑laden soul pursued by devils enters a human body in order to find rest and has to be exorcised.

The philosophical difficulty in the whole doctrine of reincarnation lies in the problem of what possible meaning can be given to the identity of the soul that has been reincarnated, since the experiences of the body determine the character of the soul. How can the soul that has been in two or more bodies be the “same” soul?
[Gershom] Scholem has suggested that it was this difficulty which led the Zohar to postulate the existence of the tzelem (“image”), a kind of “astral body” which does not migrate from body to body and which therefore preserves individual identity.

This is further explained :

Ecclesiastes 1:4. "One generation passes away and another generation comes, but the earth abides forever." The Zohar tells us that what this verse really means is that the generation that has passed away is the same generation that comes to replace it. An identical clue may be found in the Ten Utterances (Exodus, 20:5) which states, "The sins of the fathers are remembered even unto the third and fourth generation"
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

PoisonPen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Three Kinds Of Reincarnation

Post by PoisonPen »

By Gnostic definition, a soul is the combination of body (soma) with spirit (pneuma). Remove either ingredient and you no longer have a soul. In other words, you have a body and spirit, you are a soul. And when the spirit leaves or the body perishes, the soul ceases.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I just talked about something similar. Mostly because I had a vivid experience that supports such a model. But In lieu of the popular and general dualism of Body and Spirit I am thinking that this Soul itself that is seated within the Body would also be a composition of Soma(form) and Pneuma, which could be said many ways: Bosons and Fermions, Matter and Energy, Force and Form - as the Side Pillars of the Tol.

So Soma and Pneuma would also be reflected inwards as the Souls themselves would also have similar composition of Force and Form which yields Human Consciousness - The Middle Pillar

Thus for now I have attributed the top point of the Pentagram(Spirit) as also indicative of a special 5th Element(I can't help but think of the Bruce Willis Movie)i.e. an Atom of a special element which is also of Soma and Pneuma, or Matter and Energy. The Electrons(Fermions; Soma) are the Material aspect, while the Nucleus represents the Force(Bosons; Pneuma) within.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Amavisso
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amavisso »

So is there such concepts in kabbalistic literature as being able to incarnate in Higher or Lower Worlds? Seems that some sources point at possibility of this (Book of Enoch hints at this).

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Amavisso wrote:So is there such concepts in kabbalistic literature as being able to incarnate in Higher or Lower Worlds? Seems that some sources point at possibility of this (Book of Enoch hints at this).
In answer to your question we should first understand what the Kabbalah actually teaches on the soul and the Worlds they originate from or aspire to.

The human body belongs to the lower realm The upper soul, (Neshama) is attached to it.There are intermediaries between the soul and the body.These are two powers that are usually called Ruah and Nephas in the holy tongue.The soul (Neshama) is wisdom and it resides in the brain. It is the source of all feelings and of the aspirations of one's will. The Ruah is in the heart.Life depends on it.And it seeks for power against whatever stands before it,and it is the source of anger.The Nephas resides in the liver. It is the desire for food and the desire for sexual intercourse stems from it.
Kabbalists adopted the division of the soul to three elements. Later Kabbalists added two more elements Haya and Yehidah.Lurianic Kabbalists used the acronym NRN HY;Nephas, Ruah, Neshama, Haya, Yehidah, to refer to the five spiritual elements.The Kabbalists connected the human spiritual elements to the divine system.They asserted that the human soul or at least the higher spiritual elements, descended to the human body from the Sefirotand would eventually return to their divine source.

According to Joseph Gikatilla,the 13th century Kabbalist from Spain,the Neshama emanated from Sefirot Binah, Ruah from Tif'eret, and Nephas from Malkhut.Other Kabbalists held that only the Neshama was of divine origin,while the lower spiritual elements were not. Such a view appears in the Zohar,which held to the theory of the three parts of the human soul.In some places, the Zohar claimed that every Jew is born with the divine soul, the Neshama.Yet, in other places,it claimed that the reception of the divine soul was dependent on human behavior, and that only righteous people would receive the divine Neshama.

The Apocrypha is commonly applied in Christian religious contexts and despite what modern Occultists might believe,the early Kabbalists had no knowledge of Biblical pseudepigrapha such as the Book of Enoch.Although evidently widely known during the development of the Hebrew Bible canon, 1 Enoch was excluded from both the formal canon of the Tanakh and the typical canon of the Septuagint and therefore, also from the writings known today as the Deuterocanon.Although Orthodox Jews believe in the exclusive canonization of the current 24 books in the Tanakh, they also consider the Oral Torah to be authoritative.

Hope this helps.

Topper
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Topper »

Thats a banger of a reply, I copied it earlier and sent it to a friend of mine who is into that stuff.He thought it came from a Rabbi ! [lol]

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Who is this creepy ass Topper Motherfucker ? Is this a real person that is threatening me, or some sock puppet to keep the revolutions to a minimum ?

That reply is mixed formats, most likely as some is copied and pasted. It's all jargon who's sole purpose is to inflate the ego of the Poster by using cryptic terminology to impress and confuse, and not help. So when the poster says: "Hope this helps" they mean nothing of the kind, and those are merely empty words.

The above ego boosting is also augmented by parading Academic Kabbalistic test scores on Blogs and Forums as if to say : look at me and what I know - an 89 Percent Pass ! Wow ! So Impressive !

It's all Flowery, in an attempt to make one look good - Ego ! And not help anyone, extremely verbose; not concise and to the point, i.e. Grandstanding !

Everything is fucked up today !

Topper
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Topper »

Spida wrote:
Who is this creepy ass Topper Motherfucker ? Is this a real person that is threatening me, or some sock puppet to keep the revolutions to a minimum ?

That reply is mixed formats, most likely as some is copied and pasted. It's all jargon who's sole purpose is to inflate the ego of the Poster by using cryptic terminology to impress and confuse, and not help. So when the poster says: "Hope this helps" they mean nothing of the kind, and those are merely empty words.

The above ego boosting is also augmented by parading Academic Kabbalistic test scores on Blogs and Forums as if to say : look at me and what I know - an 89 Percent Pass ! Wow ! So Impressive !

It's all Flowery, in an attempt to make one look good - Ego ! And not help anyone, extremely verbose; not concise and to the point, i.e. Grandstanding !

Everything is fucked up today !
The only thing fucked up here is you.Send me your phone number you creepy asshole and we will sort this once and for all.In the meantime stop criticizing things you are too dumb to comprehend,Jeez,What a jerk.

Lets recap shall we? You complain about this Forum,you moan about Occult Corpus,you complain about Cactus Jack,you complain to Mods women are bullying you,you spend your time doing all you can to belittle women and criticize anything you cant comprehemd.Ever occur to you that you are in fact the biggest problem? What do you ever contribute but shyte music vids and pages of stupid ceremonies that result in zero with no ending.

Go get a life.
Last edited by Topper on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I started talking with Violet. I didn't sign up for all this other shit, i.e. you, Christina, and God knows who else. So I got a better idea, why don't you all just fuck off ?

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

violetstar wrote:
Amavisso wrote:So is there such concepts in kabbalistic literature as being able to incarnate in Higher or Lower Worlds? Seems that some sources point at possibility of this (Book of Enoch hints at this).
In answer to your question we should first understand what the Kabbalah actually teaches on the soul and the Worlds they originate from or aspire to.

The human body belongs to the lower realm The upper soul, (Neshama) is attached to it.There are intermediaries between the soul and the body.These are two powers that are usually called Ruah and Nephas in the holy tongue.The soul (Neshama) is wisdom and it resides in the brain. It is the source of all feelings and of the aspirations of one's will. The Ruah is in the heart.Life depends on it.And it seeks for power against whatever stands before it,and it is the source of anger.The Nephas resides in the liver. It is the desire for food and the desire for sexual intercourse stems from it.
Kabbalists adopted the division of the soul to three elements. Later Kabbalists added two more elements Haya and Yehidah.Lurianic Kabbalists used the acronym NRN HY;Nephas, Ruah, Neshama, Haya, Yehidah, to refer to the five spiritual elements.The Kabbalists connected the human spiritual elements to the divine system.They asserted that the human soul or at least the higher spiritual elements, descended to the human body from the Sefirotand would eventually return to their divine source.

According to Joseph Gikatilla,the 13th century Kabbalist from Spain,the Neshama emanated from Sefirot Binah, Ruah from Tif'eret, and Nephas from Malkhut.Other Kabbalists held that only the Neshama was of divine origin,while the lower spiritual elements were not. Such a view appears in the Zohar,which held to the theory of the three parts of the human soul.In some places, the Zohar claimed that every Jew is born with the divine soul, the Neshama.Yet, in other places,it claimed that the reception of the divine soul was dependent on human behavior, and that only righteous people would receive the divine Neshama.

The Apocrypha is commonly applied in Christian religious contexts and despite what modern Occultists might believe,the early Kabbalists had no knowledge of Biblical pseudepigrapha such as the Book of Enoch.Although evidently widely known during the development of the Hebrew Bible canon, 1 Enoch was excluded from both the formal canon of the Tanakh and the typical canon of the Septuagint and therefore, also from the writings known today as the Deuterocanon.Although Orthodox Jews believe in the exclusive canonization of the current 24 books in the Tanakh, they also consider the Oral Torah to be authoritative.

Hope this helps.
Though I have over the last year or so become used to my posts being ridiculed in some form or another,I was particularly saddened to see my reply to a valid question by Amavisso being attacked as stemming from some kind of 'ego trip'.Alongside that was the inclusion of my recent high grade obtained in an academic course investigating Jewish Kabbalah which I had excitedly shared on my Blog.This was also singled out as egotistical.

To cite the sharing of any acheivement as egotistical is ridiculous in itself and I can only wonder as to the motive for making such an absurd statement.In this particular case there was also an inference that I had copied and pasted my reply from some source I had not cited,Anyone with any sense will realise that after nearly eight years of university basewd study and research I have no need to copy and paste or plagiarise other peoples work.If I do resort to copy and paste,it will be for purposes of brevity only.Again.if I paraphrase,this will be to exclude unrelated information contained within a paragraph and to remain focused on the central question in hand.

Further,the phrase I used at the end of my reply : 'Hope this helps' is as all scholars know,one that is frequently used in all sincerity and employed in kindness to the recipient while at the same time inviting further questions if desired.

I restrict the majority of postings to a private forum open only to bona-fide scholars through recommendation.Of little interest to the average Occultists,I do however use information gleaned from experts alongside my own knowledge to aid others wherever possible.Hence I occasionally scroll through this forum to check if there are posters with questions I can assist with or as on this thread,to reply to questions concerning my own post.Ironically my original post that started this thread was intended as information for anyone interested and I did notexpect any replies to that,

It seems a shame to ignore those who have genuine enquiries but having tried several times to maintain my presence here it now looks to be a lost cause as I found on a previous forum which has been abandoned by myself along with many other members who contributed worthwhile information

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”