Questions about magick

Leahsart92
Forum Member
Forum Member

Questions about magick

Post by Leahsart92 »

Theres a few things i have questions about...
How do i do things like levitate or heal people?
How do i go into a trance?
How do i make myself have strong beliefs to manifest things?
How do i gain ability to visualize if i cant?

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Questions about magick

Post by chowderpope »

1. You can't levitate. You might be able to heal people, look into healing traditions like qigong or if you're lazy, reiki.

2. Meditate, zone out on something while breathing like an angry dog, spin around in circles until you collapse from exhaustion, scream into a pillow and then cry.

3. Lie to yourself until you believe it.

4. Take drugs and watch cartoons
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

chowderpope wrote:1. You can't levitate. You might be able to heal people, look into healing traditions like qigong or if you're lazy, reiki.

2. Meditate, zone out on something while breathing like an angry dog, spin around in circles until you collapse from exhaustion, scream into a pillow and then cry.

3. Lie to yourself until you believe it.

4. Take drugs and watch cartoons
I suggest Adventure Time, Invader Zim, or anything else that zany. [thumbup]

Anyways, I have yet to see anyone levitate, so that's probably a bust. Healing, you can do, but probably not in the way you are imagining it. No healing you will learn is a heal-all or fix-all, despite what some may claim. That being said, you can still have some very good effects and do alot [yay] Hell, even I have had luck with healing, and I have very little talent with it, as mine lay...elsewhere.

Meditation is probably the best way to learn to go into a trance. There's some good guides on this site if you look for them, or you can look up meditation. A trance is a mental trick that you do in order to alter your perception, awareness, and thought process, which starts off difficult to learn, but gets easier the more you do it.

I'm not a "believe in something hard enough and you will make it happen" kind of guy, so I'm not the best to ask about that. I have more proactive approaches rather than passive ones.

Learn to daydream and take up art, as well as learn some philosophy, and read books. Alot of books. More books than you have yet to read. I suggest fantasy books or sci-fi.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Leahsart92 wrote:Theres a few things i have questions about...
Read the books in the beginners list, use the resources on this site, and dedicate 2-3 years of work.
It's not that hard.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

It's not that hard.
I'm not sure I agree :p It's not complicated (well, relatively speaking), but it's a hell of a lot of hard work, especially for the typical 20-something "hey what's this magic stuff" first timer. Someone who's never meditated, probably never had any similar daily practice which requires an equal level of discipline and self development (several hours a day of study and training, major revamping of many aspects of your lifestyle), who was probably raised in a strict materialist/reductionist worldview and needs to seriously re-evaluate the way they see the universe to take on board the concepts involved in these practices.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Rin wrote:
It's not that hard.
I'm not sure I agree :p It's not complicated (well, relatively speaking), but it's a hell of a lot of hard work, especially for the typical 20-something "hey what's this magic stuff" first timer. Someone who's never meditated, probably never had any similar daily practice which requires an equal level of discipline and self development (several hours a day of study and training, major revamping of many aspects of your lifestyle), who was probably raised in a strict materialist/reductionist worldview and needs to seriously re-evaluate the way they see the universe to take on board the concepts involved in these practices.
That's not hard.

Sarah Reinertsen was the first women to complete the iron man trials with a prosthetic leg. She was 30 at the time she did it and it took 19 years of training, one failed attempt and she had to do it on a custom made bike.
That's hard.

Reading a handful of books for a year or so before starting 1-2 years of basic training is not that hard.
It's not easy...But it's not that hard.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I think it takes a natural inclination to do it. The barrier to entry, meaning years of study and practice, is going to keep out the people who aren't really interested or serious. But those who are clever and have a genuine drive to learn will find a way and work it into their lifestyle.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope wrote:I think it takes a natural inclination to do it. The barrier to entry, meaning years of study and practice, is going to keep out the people who aren't really interested or serious. But those who are clever and have a genuine drive to learn will find a way and work it into their lifestyle.
Well that is true about almost everything. Making teacups might look easy but to be able to do it properly with a high success rate you need to study, you need to train and you need to fail. It really doesn't mater if it's about learning to cook food, playing guitar or doing magic.
Magic a serious discipline.

Omnicentrik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Omnicentrik »

Reading a handful of books for a year or so before starting 1-2 years of basic training is not that hard.
I guess learning to go into some light trance state like hypnosis, to learn to manifest events that are on the verge of manifesting anyway and to vizualize takes even less than a year or two, depending on disposition. For example you don't need to have picture perfect inner vision. You imagine which is what any child can do. You can learn self-hypnosis on-line in fifteen minutes, depending on the approach, and some things can manifest easily (like getting a job in a good economy) and others are more difficult (like winning millions in the lottery). To even understand why the latter is more difficult in terms of experiencing the resistance and identifying it hands-on takes more than a few years though.

Faking it will not work. Instead of forcing belief, one can focus on desire and suspend belief. This, however, requires a certain discipline as well.

Learning to meditate properly takes about six years if you join an ashram in India (from what aquaintances who have done this tell me). That's just the basic level stuff. Perhaps one can gain more progress if taught by a master one-on-one and doing nothing else but training. Hell, look at the Quarea magic course, which doesn't even involve manifesting in a direct manner. It's specialized training, and doesn't involve inner alchemy or energy work per se, but the curriculum is very demanding, but realistic and thorough. Going through the motions may take a few years, but mastering will take much longer.

I see people intersted in the occult all the time lose interest when they get disspointed that things don't work more than a certain rather rudimentary level. Others then rationalize that this is all one can hope to attain because they can't see beyond their adherence to populist modern magic teachings. The basics are meant to be a spring board so you know what to look for to train further...with exceptions, of course where disposition/talent accelerates things, but that's rare and still requires lots of work.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Leahsart92 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:39 am Theres a few things i have questions about...
I dunno how to levitate a people. PK/TK is something I've seen/done, but i have no idea how to do it on purpose.
Healing? uh... depends on the problem, but a good start would be to just blast the fuck out of the relevant body area with energy which has a 'healing vibe' to it. Which is really rather a hard thing to explain, easier to just go find someone who can do it, and emulate it. Often paths which work with energy healing ritualize such a learning experience, but really all you need to plagiarize the energy is just to pay close attention while someone does it to you.
what makes you so sure you aren't in a form of trance right now?
seriously though, there's more than one form of trance. A lot of them can be found by carefully examining and familiarizing yourself with your own consciousness.
synthetic neurosis.
you could splinter your mind (or absorb the fact that it is innately splintered into your awareness), and then you can kinda multitask with neurotic and non-neurotic awareness alongside each other.
Ultimately though, belief is just one component of manifesting. There is also focus, will, intent, and practice with these unused muscles.
Bringing Will to bear on something is generally limited by how much of your consciousness you have integrated into your conscious awareness. If you're repressing part of yourself (or in most cases, most of yourself) then your Will won't have much 'oomf' to it. The same principal applies to neurosis, you'll get more 'pop' in your efforts if you subsume more of your consciousness into the model.
I don't understand the question.
sounds like going to a raging river and asking how to turn the water on.
the hard thing is turning it 'off' for something like meditation.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Leahsart92 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:39 am How do i gain ability to visualize if i cant?
All (12?) of the senses can be developed on each subplane including the mental. This requires accumulating the substance/energy of the particular subplane and learning to form it into suitable sense organs.

Depending of the type and development of the human's energy system as well as past life skills, this can take a lot of effort. The important practices are meditation and physical activities that require remembering visual scenes. Chess players are often good at playing with no board.

Sometimes a friendly being will temporarily share part of its light body and thereby provide enhanced inner senses for a short time.

I suspect that most humans develop inner touch before inner sight.

Return to “Modern Era Magicks”