Retroactive magick

Leahsart92
Forum Member
Forum Member

Retroactive magick

Post by Leahsart92 »

How do people use retroactive magick to Change the past and does it change it for everyone in the physical world or is 8t just your memory of it that gets changed?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Retroactive magick

Post by Desecrated »

Leahsart92 wrote:How do people use retroactive magick to Change the past and does it change it for everyone in the physical world or is 8t just your memory of it that gets changed?
The short answer is that we don't know.
The long answer is that we wouldn't notice it anyway.

Vap0rWar3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vap0rWar3 »

I haven't heard the term retroactive magick before, but I can think of an instance where it might be applicable. The scenario where you walk out of your house and you may or may not have locked yourself out. Without confirming whether the door is in fact locked, you bend your will to having the door be open to you. When the door is open, was it ever locked? Does it matter?

In this instance you may or may not have retroactively changed a past action, but the only observer of the action is you and you are not currently biased. I think if you were to try and do something on a grander scale you would first run into the collective memory of all of those that experienced it and essentially their will, but also as the earlier person posted, if you were successful you would be changed by the action and therefore unable to observe than anything changed.

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

I think a lot of magickal results can be thought of as retroactive.
For example.
One of my first experiments with sigils was the launch of a sigil to give me a good day at work. The next day I went into work and the guy I usually worked with was off sick and an old friend who i had not worked with or seen for months was working in his place. I had a great day, and I attributed that to the sigil work I had done the previous night. But of course, that guy had called in sick before I had done the sigil and my friend had already agreed to work, also before I had done the sigil. So it would appear that if I had not done the sigil I still would have had that good day.

When I decided to practice magick I adopted a world view that goes beyond simple cause and effect logic. I believe that how our primitive ape brains try to understand the universe through our extremely limited senses and our current reliance on logic, science and cause and effect thinking can not really take in how it really works. We have models of our reality be it magickal or scientific, but they are all mostly wrong and only work within a certain set of circumstances.
So when it comes to understanding the bigger picture I have only one rule. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

I don't have evidence for that, but I believe future has as much effect on the past, as the past has on the future (when all dimensions are taken in to account). It's just feels right, although I'm yet dream up workable pseudo-scientific theory for that.

Analytic13
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Analytic13 »

Well as the horizon.. all things are connected via threads.. so it would go to say that past present future are all interwoven.. so to take the threads of things that you dont like and remove/rip them or pull them out.. Will have real effects on the past.. this works with strings too! But to change the past is probably possible with projection.. but for real effects the threads of your new memory/past have to be woven finely and accurately.. or youll just end up with a ball of energy thats knotted and insignificant.. but just like threads and strings you can undue knots.. so the idea is to make sure its cogent and crdible with the holy string/y jing.. creation reality string..

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Analytic13 wrote:Well as the horizon.. all things are connected via threads.. so it would go to say that past present future are all interwoven.. so to take the threads of things that you dont like and remove/rip them or pull them out.. Will have real effects on the past.. this works with strings too! But to change the past is probably possible with projection.. but for real effects the threads of your new memory/past have to be woven finely and accurately.. or youll just end up with a ball of energy thats knotted and insignificant.. but just like threads and strings you can undue knots.. so the idea is to make sure its cogent and crdible with the holy string/y jing.. creation reality string..
I think it's easier to contacts your past self (or your future self) and get them to change their choices if you think, or just got in to some delusion, that you made the wrong one.

Analytic13
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Analytic13 »

The connection(threads) is tangental/latent.. between the past self and future.. you as an m point or n point is precisely the center.. the zero point suiter so to speak!

Analytic13
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Analytic13 »

So you as the choice station has full control.. in magery and magically beliefs.. your suiting the past and present.. as the present I am which is what is suiting the future!

Return to “Modern Era Magicks”