I finally see

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

I finally see

Post by inMalkuth »

Ive never practiced magick the ay you are supposed to. I have completely misinterpreted what you guys do. Forming a symbol as a meditation tool with which to analyze the connection of ideas now makes perfect sense to me! Not sure I should stop and try it though haha. Ive always put it off because I think it is the use of energy to cast spells, and it probably could be used as such. My playground is my mind and not the physical I guess.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: I finally see

Post by corvidus »

Then you'd be interested in mysticism.

Symbols are like boxes. If you know how to open them, they will reveal their contents ;)
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

landing
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by landing »

corvidus wrote:Then you'd be interested in mysticism.

Symbols are like boxes. If you know how to open them, they will reveal their contents ;)
Is the mysticism more deeply into studying symbols ? i read somewhere which says mysticism believes all in oneness, but they don't practise real magick, they just focus on spiritual growth,is it so?

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Yeah, mysticism is more focused on reintegration with divine source through whatever methods.

InMalkuth, I think you're still fundamentally misunderstanding magic. Where did you get that from? Do you think the red-eyed shaman in the jungle, talking mumbo jumbo and slitting a chicken's throat, is analyzing the connection of ideas? Do you think the coven of witches, dancing naked around a bubbling cauldron in the light of the full moon, are analyzing ideas? Do you think the goth teen making an offering of menstrual blood to Beelzebub in their bedroom is doing so in order to analyze ideas? I think you get my point.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

what Im saying is that I do see what it is used for, by those that understand it. I still think it is used for other things, however

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

I break magick down into two categories:

1. Motivating the magician to channel their energies into action, be it mental or physical.
2. Contacting a Divine Being.

As far as 1 goes, I do not believe that no matter how intense and sharp my will is, that I am capable of more than a moderate amount of influence on the physical or spiritual world. Alone, this will does very little, and I doubt that even were I to have the most grand will in the Universe, that I could imbue anything with enough energy of to affect reality in itself.

I think that at best, personal magick will allow the magician to understand their desires, and focus their intention in such a way that they will be motivated to act (not spell craft, but actual conversation and deeds in the practical world). If my will is strong, I will be certain to follow through with my vision with action and words.

Number 2 comes into play here because once I focus my intentions I then call on the invisible world to help me enact my intentions on the world. I think that this is tricky business, because so far as I see, spirits would be more aware than I as to what the situation I am calling on them about actually was. They would know my actual methods and motivations for the thing I am calling upon them for, and they would know the methods and motivations of the person that I am calling for action upon. As most Divine Beings should be more aware than I, and far more noble than I could ever be, they probably wont do much about me wanting my petty desires fulfilled. The most I can hope for is that they will somehow assist me in the work that I declare and by observing my progress and discipline in achieving this work in the world, encourage me on this path. I would imagine that the only cause they find worthy of assisting is something truly noble and virtuous. Unless you want something negative to occur, in which case you would call upon a demon, these Divine Beings would not listen to you. Should you choose to call on a lesser being such as a demon, you would be opening yourself up to something that essentially has no rules, and could probably turn against you.

So basically I am saying that

1. You had better understand all angles of the situation prior to calling upon a Divine Being.
2. You had better be prepared for like action to occur to you should you call upon a demon for something less than pure of intention.
3. More than likely all of this is in the mind, and by opening yourself up to the idea that you can call upon a demon for revenge would lead to paranoia that someone else did the same to you, so instead of doing this at all, try referring to number 1 and get your motive in line with something noble.
4. Most of the power of magick lies in your own personal actions. The idea that you can call upon any Divine outer Being to do anything other than offer a dream to inspire you has slim odds of occurring, so why bother?

I find it difficult to believe that any Divine or semi-Divine Being would have the power to influence the affairs of mankind unless their motives were for the best intentions of mankind. If there were such beings AKA demons, then you are basically doing what they say you are doing, and selling your soul to the devil by calling on them. I suppose if you are that bitter that you wouldnt care about being tortured for you crimes against mankind, then go ahead. I suggest doing some inner examination of the self to see what part you played in the creating of such a bitter person, and to learn some humility and how to forgive instead. More than likely the Gods enjoy the ones who do things for themselves and for the right reasons, and should there even be such a thing as Demons, they are at the employ of the Gods, who would pose as these beings just to frustrate you.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

Basically what I am saying is that the Gods (and Demons) dont need to be told what to do.

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

inMalkuth wrote:Basically what I am saying is that the Gods (and Demons) dont need to be told what to do.
No, I guess they don't NEED to be told to do anything, but you can certainly ASK them. What else are they doing?

It is in their nature as "supreme beings," I believe, to want and adore attention from all the lesser beings.

"A god ignored is a demon born."
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

AbraxianChaos wrote:
inMalkuth wrote:Basically what I am saying is that the Gods (and Demons) dont need to be told what to do.
No, I guess they don't NEED to be told to do anything, but you can certainly ASK them. What else are they doing?

It is in their nature as "supreme beings," I believe, to want and adore attention from all the lesser beings.

"A god ignored is a demon born."

That is a good point I suppose.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

landing wrote:
corvidus wrote:Then you'd be interested in mysticism.

Is the mysticism more deeply into studying symbols ? i read somewhere which says mysticism believes all in oneness, but they don't practise real magick, they just focus on spiritual growth,is it so?
In some traditions, yes they are only interested in spiritual growth. But that's not true for all the Mysteries. In the tradition I was taught, the information found out through mystical-experience is the foundation-knowledge for practicing "real magick".
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Return to “Modern Era Magicks”