Hermetic Qabalah Meditation Sensations

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hermetic Qabalah Meditation Sensations

Post by battyboy12 »

I followed some good advice I got, and found a specific system of magick that I am now studying; Hermetic Qabalah. I bought two books by Oliver St.John, titled "Hermetic Qabalah: A Foundation in the Art of Magick" and "The Hermetic Qabalah Initiation Workbook". Together, these two books form a year-long course. I have been doing the meditation and studying for the first week. So far, I'm on Day 3. It covers the proper visualization, seated posture and log keeping.

There will be more added to the daily practice such as vibratory formulae but I'm not there yet. I had a question regarding this meditation. I'm still just beginning, so I'm not quite sure to expect. This is what has happened so far:

First Session {18 minutes}: I wanted to do it for a longer period but couldn't due to a phone call. I did the visualization of a star glowing brighter with inhalation and cascading around me with exhalation. What was interesting is that I felt a feeling of warmth all around me when I exhaled and visualized the star descending around me.

Second Session {33 minutes}: I burned frankincense this time and did the same as I did in the previous session. I felt it harder to keep focus as time went on however. I focused as best I could on the phrase "As Above, So Below" as stated in the book.I felt the same sensation of warmth as I visualized the star dancing around me with each exhalation.

Third Session {10 minutes}: This session I just got done doing. It was cut short but my cat. I was very focused however and it went smoothly, despite being interrupted. I again focused on the phrase "As Above, So Below" and visualized the star. This time, I felt not only warm sensation as I exhaled, but also a trembling, almost vibratory sensation on my limbs, hands, chest and sides.

Are any of these sensations unusual? Could they mean anything or would it best best for me to stop with my practice? Am I making progress? None of them seem negative however, quite the contrary. Any advice on this matter would be great.

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Hermetic Qabalah Meditation Sensations

Post by battyboy12 »

I should state that though the Kabbalah {religious texts} itself is ancient, the means by which many magickal practitioners use it {the Hermetic Qabalah} is relatively modern, such as I am doing now. The use of the Tarot cards and vibratory formulae are relatively recent innovations. That is why I am posting it in "Modern Magick".

Also, I did not find a subtopic that this topic fit into on this forum.

Cerber

Re: Hermetic Qabalah Meditation Sensations

Post by Cerber »

I think it's fine. Both your sensations and the placing of your topic.
I don't practice your chosen methods, but I hear the real journey begins when physical sensations stop distracting you, when your awareness can focus on the "external" ignoring all the "internal disturbances", more or less, or so I hear.

Return to “Modern Era Magicks”