Using a single tool or index finger for all rituals?

francoteves
Forum Member
Forum Member

Using a single tool or index finger for all rituals?

Post by francoteves »

Hello friends,

I've always wanted to simplify the LBRP and BRH rituals (and I suppose there are many more) by drawing the geometries and letters with either a single tool (one general wand) or with my index finger. I usually travel and I wouldn't like to depend on these tools to do the rituals, or to "lower" the quality of the rituals for not having them. At some point I would like to reduce everything to my fingers as I would not have any dependencies and would rely exclusively on my body and own natural resources.

¿So what do you think about using a single tool (one general wand crafted by myself) or index finger for all rituals?

Thank you.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Using a single tool or index finger for all rituals?

Post by Napoli »

Remember, tools are just a point of focus. Ceremonial Magic uses a lot of tools built with the utmost attention to details. I think that is the nature of the system. However, they are not mandatory. You can perform LBRP and BRH with your index finger if you want to. I don't think it will lower the quality of your magical rituals if you don't use tools.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

francoteves
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by francoteves »

Thank you very much Napoli.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

francoteves wrote:Thank you very much Napoli.
You are welcome :) .
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Amavisso
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amavisso »

I think that it follows the simple rule: the more efforts you put in, the better is the outcome.

I also think that Magic Art is, in some sense, like rocket science, you can't substitute things like fuel or it won't work.

I'd also be very careful with banishing rites. If someone is beginner, his initial focus should be on such things as ability to feel and accumulate power. So if to assume that banishing rites, which you use, are actually working, using them is like shooting in all directions from the gun, expecting that it will have any beneficial use.

Omnicentrik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Omnicentrik »

I tend to go for the style of Norse Rune Magicians. If you can carry it in a pouch on your belt, then its fine.

Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cerber »

Many years ago I thought I don't need any tools, I can just use my mind and my hands. Then some years later I began using some, because I began to see that things just work better, or it is easier to achieve certain results using certain tools, but back then I would be using whatever I have in my own kitchen, figuratively speaking, whatever was at hand, more or less.
And then even more years later, these days, I have small set of own crafted (in part) and very specialized "tools", some of them I don't even feel comfortable referring by word "tool", because some of them gained sentience and developed amazing personalities :)

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

> some of them gained sentience and developed amazing personalities

So they gained elemental intelligences and/or nature spirits?

My 31 year old Mazda is most cooperative.

Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cerber »

Amor wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:43 pm > some of them gained sentience and developed amazing personalities

So they gained elemental intelligences and/or nature spirits?

My 31 year old Mazda is most cooperative.
Depends how do you define differences between "elemental intelligences" and "nature spirits"?
I don't use those terms in my personal gnosis.
Almost any "item"/"vessel" can "acquire" spirit, potentially, theoretically. And it often doesn't even require anything special, every now and then it happens naturally. A 31 year old car is indeed a good candidate to having one, especially if it was treated kindly over those long years :)

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Probably just depends on how much your own personal approach to doing magick relies on the "theatrics" of the event to reinforce your focus & mental state.

However, it's worth pointing out that objects can uh... terminology is forever my bane... lets call it "accumulate resonance". Or perhaps just develop an association in space time... so many ways to frame it really. But anyway, tools might retain some element of snowballing 'oomf', I mean above and beyond the psychological imbuement angle.

But that's coming from someone who leans more on the non-ceremonial side.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>leans more on the non-ceremonial side.

Does that mean that relationship is the primary means to achieve results?

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Amor wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:13 pm >leans more on the non-ceremonial side.

Does that mean that relationship is the primary means to achieve results?
When trying to achieve a result through a 3rd party being? Yeah, I'd prefer relationship over ritual.
Although primarily I try to achieve results directly, hands on, myself.
But when going through an external agency for magical potency, I do favor a relationship with the agency of potency over a 'paint by numbers' formal interaction.

By my comment though, I only meant that anyone who's deeply entrenched in the "RTFM mindset", should feel free to take my input with a grain of salt.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>prefer relationship over ritual

At present our God (solar logos) is a god of love. Hence magic done without love is contrary to the unfoldment of our God.

What future would there be in such a path?

Return to “Modern Era Magicks”