The Ibeyi- Taebo and Kainde, and incest?

C505
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Ibeyi- Taebo and Kainde, and incest?

Post by C505 »

I was reading a book on a "New Age Voodoo" that was based upon Haitian Vodou and included passages about the twins and how human boy/girl twin marriage and sexual relations was allowed and blessed in Vodou. It also included other "blessed incest" with siblings and cousins. Is this common in Vodou? I mean the cousin thing depending upon second or third cousin I understand and was common at one point. But brother and sister or other relations? So do the Ibeyi bless people with a loving full incest relationship? Or was was this author not really educated? I welcome more info. i am not trying to knock Vodou or anything just curious about this after reading this.

Amavisso
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Ibeyi- Taebo and Kainde, and incest?

Post by Amavisso »

There is nothing wrong with incest and it helps to keep the blood(-line) pure.

However, many people have hidden genetic defects (and it is quite big, uneasy and unpopular topic on its own), which are revealed by incest. This is also one of the reasons why those, who want to keep their bloodline pure, avoid having children with people who might potentially have genetic defect.

If you look into animal kingdom, incest is all around, and that's because most of the animals don't have similar genetic defects.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

C505 wrote:I was reading a book on a "New Age Voodoo" that was based upon Haitian Vodou and included passages about the twins and how human boy/girl twin marriage and sexual relations was allowed and blessed in Vodou. It also included other "blessed incest" with siblings and cousins. Is this common in Vodou? I mean the cousin thing depending upon second or third cousin I understand and was common at one point. But brother and sister or other relations? So do the Ibeyi bless people with a loving full incest relationship? Or was was this author not really educated? I welcome more info. i am not trying to knock Vodou or anything just curious about this after reading this.
Well, this is a good opportunity for you to do some independent research.
Search the web for incest and haiti, and incest and vodou. See if anything comes up.
See if you can find what the legal system in Haiti says.
See if you can find any other mentions of this in any other text.

What sources does the author give?
Is it something he/she heard or read somewhere?
Is there any notation or commentary around the passage in the book?

Look the author up, is he/she an academic or a researcher based in the area, or somebody in California writing out of their ass?

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

C505 wrote:I was reading a book on a "New Age Voodoo" that was based upon Haitian Vodou and included passages about the twins and how human boy/girl twin marriage and sexual relations was allowed and blessed in Vodou. It also included other "blessed incest" with siblings and cousins. Is this common in Vodou? I mean the cousin thing depending upon second or third cousin I understand and was common at one point. But brother and sister or other relations? So do the Ibeyi bless people with a loving full incest relationship? Or was was this author not really educated? I welcome more info. i am not trying to knock Vodou or anything just curious about this after reading this.
I'm a mambo asogwe (high priestess) of Haitian Vodou. My thoughts:

1) I've never heard of "New Age Voodoo."
2) Incest is most definitely not "allowed and blessed" in any Haitian Vodou house I've ever heard of.
3) Incest is illegal for anyone closer than second cousins in Haiti, as it is in most parts of the world.
4) Ibeyi are Yoruba deities from Ifa. In Vodou we have the Marassa who represent the divine twins. Neither have anything to do with incest.
5) Who wrote this book? I'd be curious to know who is pushing this foolishness.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

if the whole is right.. right wee need too earn it however a year challenge with conditions and rules in my essay reqested still cant point fingers inclose your hotel balmoral in an essay couldnt added few more buildings escalled too 4-5 more calling it chosen building while finished watching my pride in work with a sign going on door workers were worried about me visited me said this non profit org should be in schyward not me new meals in kitchen jesus christ dinner i said in 3 years its like waco texas with it local wanabee leader insists intimidation will win everything.... whats up with time.. red sun this evening conditions in trueman show ended bad.... along SIDEE navy blue is space power of love is all oh mighty9 arms 1 knowing right and wrong on its big spirituality liking coffee like queen ants 1 day pancakes at 7 11.... but no worries i had steve bring bed bugs so have papers after week landlords took half my stuff if i protest this procedure against satanic landlord cost $100 hell aint worth it but man oh man how far you are willing to go when wee were kids to visit FARM animals love shamed to say is powerfulest swittened down hopefull by more then 1....
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Return to “African Traditional/ Diaspora magicks”