Forum Member
Forum Member

Hoodoo; Root Work - Request!

Post by Kami »

I would love to study that.

It is something I am interested in. ~

You can post it here or more professionally as a new topic. <3

I can't wait to read up!

Also if the poster could share their opinion on it? And even exp if they have any with it?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Hoodoo; Root Work - Request!

Post by Desecrated »

Info, forum, radioshow, books, supplies

http://www.luckymojo.com/

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Thank you Des! (:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I practice this.

Lucky Mojo is a good place to start since she's collected so much info over the years and her archives are truly impressive. But keep in mind the goal of the website itself is selling product.

Some books you might find helpful (in addition to Cat Yronwode's books):

- Hoodoo - Conjuration - Witchcraft - Rootwork by Harry Middleton Hyatt (massive collection of conjure narratives, where Ms. Cat got a lot of her material)
- Charms, Spells and Formulas by Ray T. Marlbrough (written by a legit hoodoo, although the book has been 'Paganized' for the Llewelyn audience so generic spells have been inserted where Psalms should be)
- Sticks, Stones, Roots & Bones by Stephanie Rose Bird (same Llewelyn caveat applies here)
- Master Book of Candle Burning by Henri Gamache
- 6th and 7th Books of Moses (grimoires used by many root workers although others are used too)
- books of Zora Neale Hurston and Starr Casas

And believe it or not, many old African-American folk tales (Bre'r Rabbit and such) have coded hoodoo magic in them if you know how to read them. But the best way to learn is to practice it by working the roots yourself. And first make sure it's cool with your ancestors.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

the_spiral wrote:I practice this.

Lucky Mojo is a good place to start since she's collected so much info over the years and her archives are truly impressive. But keep in mind the goal of the website itself is selling product.

Some books you might find helpful (in addition to Cat Yronwode's books):

- Hoodoo - Conjuration - Witchcraft - Rootwork by Harry Middleton Hyatt (massive collection of conjure narratives, where Ms. Cat got a lot of her material)
- Charms, Spells and Formulas by Ray T. Marlbrough (written by a legit hoodoo, although the book has been 'Paganized' for the Llewelyn audience so generic spells have been inserted where Psalms should be)
- Sticks, Stones, Roots & Bones by Stephanie Rose Bird (same Llewelyn caveat applies here)
- Master Book of Candle Burning by Henri Gamache
- 6th and 7th Books of Moses (grimoires used by many root workers although others are used too)
- books of Zora Neale Hurston and Starr Casas

And believe it or not, many old African-American folk tales (Bre'r Rabbit and such) have coded hoodoo magic in them if you know how to read them. But the best way to learn is to practice it by working the roots yourself. And first make sure it's cool with your ancestors.
Thank you Spiral!

I have a question, are the (6th) and (7th) books of Moses available online for free? [pray]
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

|
Spoiler:

Dr_Mike
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Dr_Mike »

Spiral,

Those are great books. I'd also recommend Talia Felix's small books (you can find them on Amazon); though, she is not everyone's cup of tea.

Dr. Mike

unkn0wn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by unkn0wn »

Is anyone still working with Hoodoo around here?

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I'm interested in Hoodoo but the focus on materials (herbs, washes) isn't convenient for me to experiment with at this time. I am more interested in mental work at this time.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Return to “African Traditional/ Diaspora magicks”