Asking Oshun for Prosperity and Love

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Asking Oshun for Prosperity and Love

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse

Today I'll share a little something to bring prosperity and love to our lives.

Orisa Osun (sp. Ochún, en. Oshun, pr. Oxum) is the yoruban divinity of Love, Fertility, Beauty, Prosperity and Abundance (linked to Her Fertility powers) She's the one who "listens to gold" (or where is it in the earth). My "padrino" of Santeria always told me that you cannot ask Osun for "money", She doesn't like it. You need to ask Her "Que nunca nos falte para comer" (may we never lack something to eat). There is a dessert that She loves called "Borrachitos" (druken) that are like cakes made with alcohol. My "padrino" tought me a way of prepearing "sort of" borrachitos, this isn't the actual recipe but is works as well.

First of all, it is said tha Osun "doesn't enter dirty places" , meaning that beauty, prosperity and blessings don enter nplaces that are not neat, clean, good smelling... SO, you need to clean up your house before doing this.

This work is an offering, so it must be done with much respect, don't forget that She is terrible if disrespected, She must be treated like the most beautiful and delicate jewel.

This is how we may give offerings with Ocha correspondences. Use a white, yellow or "golden" clean clothe for the table. A vase with 5 sunflowers and other little white flowers. A glass of water, a cup with champagne, floral cologne or perfume.

The "borrachitos" you may prepare them:

5 sponge vanilla cakes (individual size)
Cut them all in half lengthwise
Pour some vanilla esence, some rum and pour some bee's honey.
Put the upper part and pour more vanilla, more rum, more honey and sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
And voila! We have 5 simple borrachitos that are easy to prepare for non-cooks. They work, they actualy do the trick.

You put the offerings in the selected and decorated table, you call Osun 5 times. Light a yellow candle, sprinkle/spray/splash perfume all around. Talk to Her, ask Her what you need, tell Her your needs. Do this for 5 days, light one candle per day.

You then take the offerings to nature, near a river, and if you dont have river close to you, you take it to a park, woods, etc. Put it all in a nice way at the feet of a young strong leafy tree. Clap 5 times, thank Osun for Her blessings. Back up three steps without turning your back, after three step, turn around and go away, don't look back.

That would be it!

Yeye O Iyalodé!

Saravá
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

Return to “African Traditional/ Diaspora magicks”