crossroads ritual substitute for papa legba?

Angelus4eva
Forum Member
Forum Member

crossroads ritual substitute for papa legba?

Post by Angelus4eva »

hi
does anyone know of an in house ritual . I have an altar . I would like papa legba to show himself . unfortunately I cant do the crossroads ritual because I cant use my legs. thank you .

Cerber

Re: crossroads ritual substitute for papa legba?

Post by Cerber »

Have you considered direct path instead of a rituals?

Angelus4eva
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Angelus4eva »

what do you mean ? thank you

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Angelus4eva wrote:what do you mean ? thank you
I don't know any rituals, never done any, but on few occasions that I felt the need or desire to see somebody out there I went directly. If you feel attraction to that character and strong desire to see it, plenty of time and patience and no other way (if nobody comes along with a good advice soon) you might as well try my "brew". It's easier if the "other party" feels like seeing you as well. Just do any kind of creative work, draw images of him if you are able to, write about him, draw sygils, but while doing so really try hard to see that entity, to feel it, any creative work related to him, the more energy you put it the better, and keep doing it for as long as it's necessary. By doing that you are manifesting that character, entity, person in to this reality, partially, bridging two realms, his and yours, getting it closer and closer, until you feel its presence almost right in front of you, then when you feel that for the final step can do your usual meditation or "astral projection" or something. It might take a while and I might be a bit tiring (if it's not tiring you are doing it wrong), but it's an option

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Just for the sake of the argument, if any of the half-breeds past or future feels like criticizing, yes, theoretically in pure technical sense it is possible to bridge with pure will alone but it's very unlike anybody around could achieve that much focus and channel that much energy without actually moving a finger.
I almost forgot this part (just for a good measure):
WARNING Use of this product bares a small but statistically significant risk of physical, mental, spiritual or all of the above harm, injury or death to you and/or people that around you. Proceed at your own free will, with extreme caution and entirely at your own risk.
There we go, that should do it, to ward off the unworthy

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Angelus4eva wrote:hi
does anyone know of an in house ritual . I have an altar . I would like papa legba to show himself . unfortunately I cant do the crossroads ritual because I cant use my legs. thank you .
The above warning definitely applies to the Loa, they can get testy when called on outside the traditional Vodou order of service. They are also closer to this plane than other spirits so it's not very hard to reach them. Luckily as the intermediary spirit, Atibon Legba is usually more patient and approachable with non-initiates so you could probably at least contact him without problems. Plenty of people in my community do. I wouldn't recommend making requests or opening his veve without advice from a mambo or houngan though.

I'd set up a small altar near your front door or in a central place in your home. He likes the colors black and red and is usually served on a Monday when you feed your ancestors. If you can get a red seven-day candle for him that's good, a candle of St. Lazarus even better. Serve him fresh water, rum, tobacco in a pipe, strong black coffee with sugar, sweet things, palm oil, maybe a plate of food. Dogs are sacred to him and he often appears with a black dog. He is fine with small offerings but be consistent and respectful. If you feed him and sit at his altar, he may appear to you or speak to you. Just be careful opening this door, I started this years ago and now they are forcing me to initiate into priesthood lol

If you are talking about the infamous nine day "crossroads ritual" in Southern US legend, it is not Legba who appears but another spirit often mistaken for him.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Return to “African Traditional and Diaspora Religions”