Spiritual Satanism

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

ShinySoul
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spiritual Satanism

Post by ShinySoul »

HI! I'm a Spiritual Satanist and I'm here to show you our website and answer your questions

https://joyofsatan.org

https://ancient-forums.com

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Spiritual Satanism

Post by Kath »

I'm not a satanist, also i'm not on the board super often, but just offering a friendly hello :)

ShinySoul
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ShinySoul »

Kath wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:23 pm I'm not a satanist, also i'm not on the board super often, but just offering a friendly hello :)
Hello! Finally a nice guy [happy]

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

So how do you make your soul shiny?

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

ShinySoul wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:31 pm Hello! Finally a nice guy [happy]
hehe, not the last time I checked. But i do lean towards being nice :)

ShinySoul
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ShinySoul »

Amor wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:23 pm So how do you make your soul shiny?
hehe nice trolling question

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

ShinySoul wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:34 pm

So how should I make my soul shiny?

ShinySoul
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ShinySoul »

Amor wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:58 pm
ShinySoul wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:34 pm

So how should I make my soul shiny?
By meditating

Wintruz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Wintruz »

I'm rather surprised that JoS is still around. It serves its function I suppose.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Wintruz wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:58 am I'm rather surprised that JoS is still around. It serves its function I suppose.
It's still fairly active, just got too political for my taste. But perhaps it always was. Can't remember that well, apart from taking a peek recently, the last time I passed by there was many years ago.

Wintruz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Wintruz »

Cerber wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:47 pm
Wintruz wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:58 am I'm rather surprised that JoS is still around. It serves its function I suppose.
It's still fairly active, just got too political for my taste. But perhaps it always was. Can't remember that well, apart from taking a peek recently, the last time I passed by there was many years ago.
It's been about fifteen years since I last looked at their website; they were always political but I would imagine the organised socio-political gaslighting that has effected all netizens these past few years, will have sent them over the edge. They were always a catch on the path, drawing in the easily satisfied. That isn't a bad thing.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Wintruz wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:45 pm It's been about fifteen years since I last looked at their website; they were always political but I would imagine the organised socio-political gaslighting that has effected all netizens these past few years, will have sent them over the edge. They were always a catch on the path, drawing in the easily satisfied. That isn't a bad thing.
Recently when I opened that page, expecting to find discussions about satanism, occult practices etc, but instead I found top threads to be more or less about "Jews taking over the world", "Government trying to kill everybody" and "Vaccines are poison" etc, which is not my cup of tea at all, especially since I'm not "anti-vax".
Which in it self would be fine, whatever rocks everyone's boats. But in my opinion they are pushing borderline extreme and radical narratives that might really fall over the edge eventually and lead to some unpleasant fallout to everybody else.
There's plenty of people dreaming of, perhaps even actively working on bringing back dark ages, inquisition and witch hunting. And if something extreme happens - everyone will be seen guilty just by association.
Online anonymity is a myth, everything we ever said, every group we've even been part of, is recorded and saved somewhere for the consideration of future generations, which may or may not be looking very kindly to some of our current freedoms of expression and practices.
I just feel political occult groups inadvertently helping that sort of future to manifest faster than it's necessary.

Wintruz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Wintruz »

I'm not as concerned about those varieties of fall out; there's little "activism" that couldn't be found in atheist, pagan or Christian contexts in a thousand other parts of the internet. If a person is looking for those political currents, they'll easily find them.

I see the JoS system (if it can be called a system) as "dark sleep".

The point at which a mind begins looking at the Left Hand Path is, tellingly, a crossroads. There is the opportunity to move into a different mode of awakened existence and if a person is looking around those avenues then there is at least an openness to that possibility. The JoS co-opts the symbolism of awakening but employs those symbols with the same "belonging and acceptance" that mainstream religions offer. Thus we have a "Father Satan" loving and overseeing his special people with a host of inconsistent psychological practices that keep the faithful in a state of confusion.

I don't see this as a bad thing. People with a penchant for dark imagery but who really want the same acceptance that most people want will get caught up in groups like JoS. Those with the skill to see through it will look at such groups and move on with their day.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Wintruz wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:51 am I'm not as concerned about those varieties of fall out; there's little "activism" that couldn't be found in atheist, pagan or Christian contexts in a thousand other parts of the internet. If a person is looking for those political currents, they'll easily find them.

I see the JoS system (if it can be called a system) as "dark sleep".

The point at which a mind begins looking at the Left Hand Path is, tellingly, a crossroads. There is the opportunity to move into a different mode of awakened existence and if a person is looking around those avenues then there is at least an openness to that possibility. The JoS co-opts the symbolism of awakening but employs those symbols with the same "belonging and acceptance" that mainstream religions offer. Thus we have a "Father Satan" loving and overseeing his special people with a host of inconsistent psychological practices that keep the faithful in a state of confusion.

I don't see this as a bad thing. People with a penchant for dark imagery but who really want the same acceptance that most people want will get caught up in groups like JoS. Those with the skill to see through it will look at such groups and move on with their day.
From individual perspective, sure, one can navigate through the "noise", can still find his/her way around things that don't matter to them, towards things that do matter for individual.
But beyond individual level.. Occult groups, not just satanic, don't have as much freedom as mainstream RHP cults like Christians to do as they please without severe consequences, so I always thought it's generally better for us all to remain on the fringes and in the shadows, avoiding politics as much as possible.
This world has a habit of periodic book burning frenzy, with the next one coming some time soon, I feel. Staying clear of politics helps to push that deadline further, at least a bit. And since my book hoarding is still incomplete, I get mildly annoyed seeing people from my own circle (in some vague sense), intentionally or unintentionally trying to light the first match.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Cerber wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:05 pm This world has a habit of periodic book burning frenzy, with the next one coming some time soon, I feel. Staying clear of politics helps to push that deadline further, at least a bit. And since my book hoarding is still incomplete, I get mildly annoyed seeing people from my own circle (in some vague sense), intentionally or unintentionally trying to light the first match.
The book burning has been going on for well over a decade already. It's happening digitally: Google & all are censoring extremely aggressively digital content. It's being called "being politically correct" and it's being done "to protect people and freedom". Internet is the only place most of the people get/learn their information/books/things so the method is extremely effective. It's more effective than ever, since it's being disguised as something else than it actually is. People are perfectly OK with it.
Seeker of truth.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Well, to be fair, censorship is not really a new thing. We had it since the beginning of the written word, in one form or another, to greater or lesser extent, in all continents. So maybe now it somewhat easier to censor, and corporate entities take on the mantle of a censor, but at the same time publishing books never been easier and cheaper, so we get a lot more of those.
Nothing ever perfect.

Return to “Individual Spirituality”