Believe, Or Die.

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

IgnisGlacies
Forum Member
Forum Member

Believe, Or Die.

Post by IgnisGlacies »

Hello, im ignis,i will try to describe my.. view..

Being raised in a christian family, i was discouraged from looking into any beliefs that weren't the main ones. AKA any pagan or occult beliefs. this only encouraged me to do so. i looked back and saw the slaughter that Christians had done in the past and how the can still act now, and realized its a very one sided self riotous belief. (from my experiences, i have meet okay Christians. i should also say i'm throwing other beliefs derived off of the idea of Jesus, Mary, god, Joseph ect in one basket i'm wrongfully just labeling as Christianity.)

I have had experiences in astral projection, and sleep paralysis shadow people encounters. So this is one of the foundations of my beliefs, simply because i know it, and felt it. i plan to learn more to,i know there is more and i am eager to learn.

I believe i'm an old soul, acting mature at a young age, and finding comfort in the company of an older audience, and constantly feeling tired, seeing the world as a shit hole, and in general not wanting to live through this torture. ( i set in place a rule to not take my own life, and to prevent the loss of my life if at all possible)

So all that was all some general info. random points that we're poorly coordinated. but from that all, i want to make this point of my belief, and personal experience of spirituality:

There is something, something magical. There has to be, because if not, This world...This world will shred my sanity.. or.. make me brake my rule, witch i have held to and plan to.

I don't think i hit this on the head or not, its hard to communicate something like this, but this is the basics of my.. beliefs.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Believe, Or Die.

Post by Desecrated »

IgnisGlacies wrote:Hello, im ignis,i will try to describe my.. view..

Being raised in a christian family, i was discouraged from looking into any beliefs that weren't the main ones. AKA any pagan or occult beliefs. this only encouraged me to do so. i looked back and saw the slaughter that Christians had done in the past and how the can still act now, and realized its a very one sided self riotous belief. (from my experiences, i have meet okay Christians. i should also say i'm throwing other beliefs derived off of the idea of Jesus, Mary, god, Joseph ect in one basket i'm wrongfully just labeling as Christianity.)

I have had experiences in astral projection, and sleep paralysis shadow people encounters. So this is one of the foundations of my beliefs, simply because i know it, and felt it. i plan to learn more to,i know there is more and i am eager to learn.

I believe i'm an old soul, acting mature at a young age, and finding comfort in the company of an older audience, and constantly feeling tired, seeing the world as a shit hole, and in general not wanting to live through this torture. ( i set in place a rule to not take my own life, and to prevent the loss of my life if at all possible)

So all that was all some general info. random points that we're poorly coordinated. but from that all, i want to make this point of my belief, and personal experience of spirituality:

There is something, something magical. There has to be, because if not, This world...This world will shred my sanity.. or.. make me brake my rule, witch i have held to and plan to.

I don't think i hit this on the head or not, its hard to communicate something like this, but this is the basics of my.. beliefs.
So basically you're desperate and are willing to accept anything as long as it isn't reality.
You should probably try and resolve that before you start messing around with the occult.
There are some atheist support groups that you can talk to and if you're still in school there might be some free counselors around.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

IgnisGlacies wrote: I have had experiences in astral projection, and sleep paralysis shadow people encounters. So this is one of the foundations of my beliefs, simply because i know it, and felt it. i plan to learn more to,i know there is more and i am eager to learn.

Greetings Ingis!

Sounds like the Occult has found you to a degree!
I think this is a realistic starting point for you, or anyone.

Only half of the world is a shit hole, it's good to be aware of this,
but maybe try to focus more on the better half!

Good luck!
:)

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

IgnisGlacies
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by IgnisGlacies »

Yea, I can't deny I probably have some sort of depression, but I never act on it, I see the bad and the good, but to me personally the bad pulls my attention more than the good.

I believe in a sort of karma, so that keeps me from doing anything stupid. But I will say I'm not desperate to believe in anything but reality, I need something I can experience to believe it, hints my trust in astral projection. (Witch I view as the soul leaving to who knows where In other dimensions)

Thank you for the warm greeting ^^"

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

It sounds like the magic is calling you [wink]

I think you should pursue your interests and lead a fulfilled and happy life! If you are thinking of becoming a magician, I cannot stress enough learning a comprehensive system of energy work to provide discipline and a sensible foundation for your travels beyond mundane reality. Yoga, meditation, qi gong, Hermetics, one of the many Golden Dawn-style ceremonial paths etc. Pick one that calls to you and start practicing. Keep a magical journal of your progress. Leftover blockages from your oppressive religious upbringing may surface during your initial training, so I second Des' recommendation to find a support group if needed. Franz Bardon's soul mirror exercises may help here too.

And most definitely work on developing a sustainable treatment plan for your depression. If it is mild to moderate, daily exercise, sunlight and a balanced diet and sleep schedule can help a lot. For more severe forms, psychotherapy or psychiatry may be needed. Occult practice can either help to heal mental illnesses or exacerbate them, and it all depends on your level of awareness and control.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

mindsword
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by mindsword »

As a raised christian you have a good foundation to start your own sect. (If you're in America ofc)

I would kill for this opportunity, knowing what i know now.

Drag0nik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Drag0nik »

mindsword wrote: I would kill for this opportunity, knowing what i know now.
I'm extremely curious as to why

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

Drag0nik wrote:I'm extremely curious as to why

Just a wild guess, take it as a joke, no hard feelings, pls...

L. Ron Hubbard — 'You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.'
Only Lovers Left Alive

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

IgnisGlacies wrote: I have had experiences in astral projection, and sleep paralysis shadow people encounters. So this is one of the foundations of my beliefs, simply because i know it, and felt it. i plan to learn more to,i know there is more and i am eager to learn.

Greetings!

Excellent foundation for finding that the world is truly a magical place.
Most of the high adepts never had a single astral projection, even they present themselves as super-powerful occult elite representatives.
Do some bainstorming about your believes. Try not to stay too long occupied with bad things, it's just a waste of time. Do whatever you have to do, even some form of psychotherapy if needed. It won't harm you.
It's all up to you, nothing is written in stone.

Wishing good luck to follow you on your way to find your magic you already have inside.
Only Lovers Left Alive

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

When I read your post my heart sank. First I want to say that the gospels are the only source for the life and message of Jesus, and if you want to really comprehend that beautiful message then read them and dont listen to what anyone says, or what they do as they represent what they have chosen to hear.

When you indicate shadow people I have to consider that you are suffering from either a drug induced hallucination or a mental disorder of some kind. It is not natural to believe these things (though that does not dismiss them as possible).

As far as the world is concerned... always remember that we are all functioning on an illusion that we designed knowingly and unknowingly. All of us. That means that my fantasy world has to interact with yours, and together we come to some kind of agreement on what to expect. Because it is a fantasy, we can see the world how we want. It doesnt have to be a shit hole. Certainly in our age of cameras everywhere and so many avenues for "news" we are inundated constantly with every travesty and tragedy that life has to offer. Can we live in fear? I would say no. Yes a certain amount of awareness of ones surroundings is healthy, but typically there is little to fear other than accidents that might occur. We live in a mostly safe country in comparison to the rest of the world. Choose your adventure.

As far as making the decision to study the occult I recommend first finding a good discipline to begin your analysis of life. I have a good book in my library that provides a healthy introductory overview of the essential elements and beliefs of a lot of them and its called The Magicians Companion by Whitcomb and its on the Llewellyn press. You can find it on amazon used for ten bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Magicians-Compan ... +companion

good luck on your journey.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

PS sorry for posting this link. I failed to realize that we arent supposed to promote retailers here. Ill try and do better next time.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

inMalkuth wrote:When you indicate shadow people I have to consider that you are suffering from either a drug induced hallucination or a mental disorder of some kind. It is not natural to believe these things (though that does not dismiss them as possible).
Shadow people are common phenomena related to sleep paralysis. They are often seen by sober people with normal mental health. It's okay that you're young and ignorant but you should not try to present yourself as an authority on things that you don't have a grasp on.
Abraham Lincoln wrote:Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

chowderpope wrote:
inMalkuth wrote:When you indicate shadow people I have to consider that you are suffering from either a drug induced hallucination or a mental disorder of some kind. It is not natural to believe these things (though that does not dismiss them as possible).
Shadow people are common phenomena related to sleep paralysis. They are often seen by sober people with normal mental health. It's okay that you're young and ignorant but

you should not try to present yourself as an authority on things that you don't have a grasp on.

Abraham Lincoln wrote:Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

you should take your own advice

Return to “Individual Spirituality”