A list of questions for you all

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

A list of questions for you all

Post by inMalkuth »

Hi so in another thread we were talking about Gods and "spiritually advanced beings" and I decided to ask a short list of questions to clarify what people have discovered so we can find common ground for a discussion.

1. What are the characteristics of a "spiritually enlightened/ascended master/ God"

2. How did this being from question number one ascend to this position?

3. Do you believe this is a design or happenstance?

4. What then do you believe is the reason for all of this that we experience?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: A list of questions for you all

Post by Desecrated »

inMalkuth wrote:
1. What are the characteristics of a "spiritually enlightened/ascended master/ God"
Devoid from desire.
Hard work and dedication
No idea
Our mind.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

Thank you Desecrated. I thought more people would be able to respond to these questions, but I am not surprised. It takes a lot of thought to perfect our awareness of Divinity, and I believe that it is in the way we perceive a God and how this all works that dictates what we practice and why. You answered that you do not know to one of the questions and that is perfectly fine, because we cannot really know these things- but we should know what we believe. I think before practicing any sort of religion or magickal action that the individual must have this ground covered.

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

inMalkuth wrote:Hi so in another thread we were talking about Gods and "spiritually advanced beings" and I decided to ask a short list of questions to clarify what people have discovered so we can find common ground for a discussion.

1. There are different levels of enlightenment. I would say the ultimate enlightenment is being devoid of all illusions and possessing all good qualities. But that's just my opinion.

2. By realizing their true nature.

3. Inevitable happenstance.

4. We experience the world as we do because our minds are clouded by illusions, which prevents us from recognizing our true, basic nature.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

Thank you both for replying. I am now seeing what I failed to see all this time! I think I finally get it now.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

inMalkuth wrote:Thank you Desecrated. I thought more people would be able to respond to these questions, but I am not surprised. It takes a lot of thought to perfect our awareness of Divinity, and I believe that it is in the way we perceive a God and how this all works that dictates what we practice and why. You answered that you do not know to one of the questions and that is perfectly fine, because we cannot really know these things- but we should know what we believe. I think before practicing any sort of religion or magickal action that the individual must have this ground covered.
There are those throughout history who did meet God, so to speak, but it's always written that the experience is completely impossible to relate linguistically. The esoteric paths of all religions are designed to lead you to this experience.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

one day crossing the road DOWN the hill said cross the road here got to thy other side said almost got hit god he said never touch reality with the voices 20 years i as well said please may i WIN at gamblin one day he said dont say please anymore jerry blind faith can build caracter a little raugh around the edges.... . .. :))
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Desecrated wrote:
inMalkuth wrote:
Devoid from desire.
Des means this only for an ascended master.

Gods will always have a desire to interact with other lesser minds and as well as greater minds beyond itself.

+1
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oroboros »

inMalkuth wrote:Hi so in another thread we were talking about Gods and "spiritually advanced beings" and I decided to ask a short list of questions to clarify what people have discovered so we can find common ground for a discussion.

My answer will be based on the assumption- based on the phrasing of the question, that we are not discussing a supreme being/ creator type god- otherwise my answers would be quite different.

One who has achieved enlightenment surpassing that of the common man. One with abilities of some type surpassing that of the common man. One with motivations and aspirations relating to goals that effect lasting change as opposed to superficial change.

My best guess- this can only happen if it was always going to happen. This person/being would have been destined to become this AND have embraced their destiny.

See above:)

ummm. I need more to understand this question. Are you asking basically what is the meaning of life? (I'm not being sarcastic).:) The immediate answer that comes to mind the way the question is worded is:
someone somewhere has a REALLY fucked sense of humor. [wink]
"Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king."~Tywin Lannister, GOT

Omnicentrik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Omnicentrik »

Wholeness of being. Integral consciousness, integral desire/will, integral body/mind/soul with full energy activation. Being without desire is fragmenting a part of self, so I would not include that. We are instead talking of true desire as opposed to response to cause/effect conditioning.
Disposition and effort (nature and nurture)- same as everything else.
Neither. The drive to be existentially whole (Healthy) is like wanting to be physically healthy although more encompassing. Existence is better that way.
It's a concept found in the works channeled by author Jane Roberts known as the Seth Material: value fulfillment. Basically the reason is for a more fulfilling experience of what one values as such, but including all levels of being.

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

Post by borealis »

inMalkuth wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 am Hi so in another thread we were talking about Gods and "spiritually advanced beings" and I decided to ask a short list of questions to clarify what people have discovered so we can find common ground for a discussion.

My perspectives at the moment are a mishmash of Thelema, Kabbalah, and Chaos Magick, and various other philosophies whose impact on me I am probably not consciously aware of at the moment. They will probably continue to evolve as I continue to practice. Here are the thoughts I had over a short period of reflection which satisfied me at the time of this posting.

1. They are someone who fully and intimately understands their reason for being, and their place in and relation to the universe. It is from this more than anything else that their power is derived.

2. They sought to understand their world, and thereby themselves, and put in the necessary work (with perhaps some innate talent in the mix) to reach completion as a spiritual being. "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

3. There is no happenstance.

4. God/universe/source, being one, was all-powerful but had no perspective through which to understand itself, so it divided in order to experience love and understanding and self-reflection through the adventures of its many parts. "For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union."

LoD
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoD »

Ave,

I´ll just answer from my personal perspective and flawed intelligence:

Q: What are the characteristics of a "spiritually enlightened/ascended master/ God"
A: I couldn´t tell you, because I haven´t reached that level of ascension (yet)... and I guess if I had, I wouldn´t tell you. We base our ideas on what the characteristics of "Higher Beings" are on stories and documents from other people who say they had experiences with these entities... but even if that is true in all cases, they would have only had a glimpse of the true nature of such beings... a tip of the iceberg so to speak.

Q: How did this being from question number one ascend to this position?
A: Again, I wouldn´t know. Did the being ascend slowly from a low level all the way to the top or did it already come into being as is? Is it really a "Higher Being" or do we as a fairly limited species see them as "Higher Beings", because they do not share our limitations? Can we ascend to their level or were we already there and somehow slipped and fell? Perhaps then we can try to get back to the level we had before we were fallen, no?

Q: Do you believe this is a design or happenstance?
A: Happenstance may just be what we call something that is actually part of design without realizing it serves design. Existence is not chaotic, of that I am pretty convinced. So when there is a deviation from the designed path, perhaps what we call "happenstance" comes along and "fixes" this deviation to put everything back on the designed track? It´s all about perception methinks... and semantics.

Q: What then do you believe is the reason for all of this that we experience?
A: To learn? To evolve? There are some more depressing quotes such as: "If God exists, it is without purpose. Thus, man was not created for a purpose". I don´t know about that last one, but I can only say that to me it´s just what I make of it all. I quote myself: The meaning of life is to give life meaning.

Take care and stay out of trouble,

LoD
If I´m right for the wrong reasons, does that still make me right?

Disconnect... and self destruct... one bullet at a time... what's your rush now... everyone will have his day to die

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

> What are the characteristics of a "spiritually enlightened/ascended master/ God"

Leaving aside ascended master and God (quite different categories) the first stage of human enlightenment is achieved after:

- Control of physical desires with some refinement of the human energy system and Intent to be connected to the Source of All. The junior initiate then knows rather than believes that Life has meaning.

- Control of emotional desires with some refinement of the energy system and some alignment with Light. The junior initiate then is careful to respond rather than react.

- Control of mental energies (including soul body), refinement of energy, resolution of personal karma, and determination to be at one with all. This with some other preconditions entitles the human to be admitted to a group of enlightened beings. This is only the first stage of enlightenment.

The second stage involves control and refinement of the heart. The third stage involves the spiritual will. The personal will was dealt with at the mental stage

Ascended masters are some stages further.

The enlightened human does not work for his/her own benefit.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

inMalkuth wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 am Hi so in another thread we were talking about Gods and "spiritually advanced beings" and I decided to ask a short list of questions to clarify what people have discovered so we can find common ground for a discussion.

non - finite - being
the merging of the idea of self (or possibly viewed as dissolution), with the all of everything.
although arguably, in order to exist in a format which is discussed as "a being", you'd need a duality of state, a finite aspect.
inMalkuth wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 am 2. How did this being from question number one ascend to this position?
I think I'd be typing a reply here for months on end, if I go by what I was taught towards that goal.
But in truth, I'm a little vague on her own origin story. What I do know was said in confidence though.

I find, in the presence of a being like this, that specifics of events in time seem "very small", while the nature and being-ness seems "very large". So it doesn't seem odd to me that it wasn't a focus. Still there were some more human-like intimate conversation.

Also there's the issue that any being which is primarily non-finite, is in effect all beings, so there's kind of a merging effect, and it might not be entirely clear which origin story applies.
inMalkuth wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 am 3. Do you believe this is a design or happenstance?
"yes"
inMalkuth wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 am 4. What then do you believe is the reason for all of this that we experience?
(O _ o)
42, of course

actually, I jest.
The nature of "reason" and "meaning", is that they are abstract. It is within the domain of the mind of the beholder to ascribe meaning, the meaning does not exist in the beheld. It's not that meaning doesn't exist, it's merely that it's domain is within thought. The universe itself does not have "a meaning", or one might say it is the sum of all meanings.

the desire for a specific, concrete, finite answer to "what's it all mean", is I think something you'd have to let go of at some point if you're into enlightenment. "yes" is a valid answer to Q3, and "all the reasons, and none of them" is a valid answer to Q4, neither reply being a cop out or deliberately obtuse, just... the framing of the questions stretches the boundaries of being able to answer accurately.
I really do apologize, I'm not a fan of "profound sounding bs", and I fear this comes across that way.

Return to “Individual Spirituality”