An open letter to the World

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: An open letter to the World

Post by inMalkuth »

rhetoric:

a. The art or study of using language effectively and persuasively.
b. A treatise or book discussing this art.
2. Skill in using language effectively and persuasively.
a. A style of speaking or writing, especially the language of a particular subject: fiery political rhetoric.
b. Language that is elaborate, pretentious, insincere, or intellectually vacuous: His offers of compromise were mere rhetoric.
4. Verbal communication; discourse.

which definition to you apply your use of rhetoric to?

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

rhe·tor·i·cal ques·tion
a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer.

I'm now actually moving on. Cheers.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

The only point you proved to me is that you didnt bother to try and understand what I wrote.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I read your posts and struggled to extract meaning from them. They seem like the half-baked philosophical revelations of a person who thinks they're on track to solve the mystery of death, and I just don't have all day to decode what would probably be more appropriately written in a personal journal than a public forum. On the other hand, maybe you're just operating far above the level of average human beings and that's the real reason why I don't understand you.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

inMalkuth:

You are being overly dramatic, don't you think? I read your post several times trying to extract some sort of meaning out of it, but I could find none. Your letter is not particularly well formed or easy to understand. The true sign of someone who has it all figured out is that they can explain "it" to another person in relatively simple terms; that you have not done. You trip over yourself trying to be philosophical and overall, it's a failure.

If someone questions your line of thinking, which I have seen quite a bit on a couple of other posts of yours on this forum, you pick something from their argument, misunderstand it, and use it to draw attention away from whatever it is you are trying to get across. No one is entertaining your letter because no one wants to get caught up in another goofy argument that never ends

If you think you've got it all figured out and your letter is the light, the truth, and the way... what the heck do you need an internet forum for? Go start a cult or something. Go find some weak minded people, throw out some meandering and meaningless thoughts, make them believe you are smarter because they can't understand you, and then disappear into obscurity.

There it is. This is the end. You are the weakest link; good bye.
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

you are totally disregarding a few things about what i am doing

first of all i am presenting my ideas with as much clarity as i am able. I am sharing my ideas in an attempt to begin a conversation. i am asking for a discussion on them. i am not saying THIS IS THE TRUTH i am using that as a vehicle to express it in an attempt to get you to take it on and decide what is missing. I want you to 1. try it out 2. dispute it. 3 enlighten me on what you see.

I feel that in the pursuit of the idea I have invested much and I dont agree that I am not making sense. I am using language that we should all have some innate definition of that we are using in our own pursuits. the point of having these ideas is to share them, and to expand on them. since you are not telling me what you believe I am forced to be the one who begins the conversation. this is a huge risk I am taking. When someone takes that risk they are vulnerable. when all you are able to do is cast insults, or accusations that i am trying this or that you have totally missed the point and are completely disrespecting me for the risk that I have taken all in the name of enlightening us together. of course this will ruffle my feathers.

Im sorry for wanting a conversation. i thought this was a venue for open minded exploration with the consideration of acquiring and sharing knowledge. i refuse to believe that you all are simply using it to only discuss someone elses ideas and not your own or to insult one another. i am sorry also that the way i present my ideas seems not to allow your own view. i guess i expect things that i cannot have

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

in your determination to believe what you want you are so quick to insult or dismiss or accuse that you are totally missing an opportunity to expand your own view. there is more to understanding than just someone elses book, there is experience of the individual. why dont you want to share your own view? if you have an opinion then state it, i dont need you to doubt and insult me. take on the task of knowledge, isnt that what the occult is really all about?

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

actually doubt is fine, but dont react with insult or dismissal... use that opportunity to convince me of something better. i believe that is our duty to one another and the pursuit of knowledge.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

ok i realize what is wrong here.

the difference between you and i is that i come to this place with an understanding and a willingness to share. i didnt contemplate or learn anything for any other reason. in this ideal there is community and knowledge and growth. i dont do this for personal power over you or anyone else, and if you really look at what i am saying you will see that this is not my intention. i am not trying to prove i am great, or demand that you obey, or any such thing. i am not learning magick to cast a spell over anyone. are these things what motivates you?

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

the poison of knowledge is this: I WANT

it can lead us everywhere, it is the essential truth of DO WHAT THOU WILT.

it doesnt have to be a poison, it can be lead into gold, it can make you an angel, it can make you a god, it can be distilled into a medicine. the point of attaining any level of grade in the occult is to reduce the influence of the poison and the poison of I WANT and that is the key of what I have written here. I feel that I have explained this fully, again and again and now again here now. THIS IS IT then. THIS is the message. Is it as simple as it needs to be?

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

Sorry... #tldr
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

The solitary magician or the individual citizen its all the same. you can live for yourself or live for your community. in any tribe (which we are all part of some tribe) if you do not begin to contribute then you lose your position and you will slowly whittle yourself out or be cast out. if you want to join in a community your first priority is to recognize that it is a community. second you start to pursue what value you can bring to a community. if this is a community of individuals who only want to believe what they want and have no other goal than personal power and the ability to do what they choose then i dont want to be here.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

Ok thank you for revealing yourself.

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

inMalkuth wrote:Ok thank you for revealing yourself.
No, thank you, bub.

I'm all good over here.

I have revealed nothing as I can change belief at will, dawg.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

thanks again then, wolf

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Yes, you are using language that we all have an innate understanding of. You are using building blocks that we all have access to, but you are building a mess with them. You have built a Winchester house of stairways to nowhere, and the house isn't intriguing enough to be haunted.

I'll leave it alone man, and I apologize for giving you a hard time. I mean, hardly anyone posts on this forum anyway, why can't you have your thread where you post your musings? You're on your quest for knowledge and so is everyone else and hey, it's meaningful to you, maybe someone else would find it useful.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

thank you

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

Being obedient is only going to apply to someone that understands what they are obeying. If I think this is right I will defy whatever you are saying contradicts this, it is human nature. The failure is on the world for not ensuring that the child understands how they want them to perceive the world. These religions are not as flawed as the world, it is the application of the ideas that is flawed. No one is actually intentionally bad. Eventually intention is formed around a failed logic and the reaction against the treatment applied to address the issue. "Spare the rod spoil the child" is more than likely going to teach nothing. All it does is break the will. Once the will is broken, then you best rebuild it in line with what you understand. Simply breaking the will of someone who obviously did not understand in the first place is going to leave them to the flawed logic that caused the problem initially. Punish if you must, but teach you must do.

Return to “Individual Spirituality”