The occult only holds the keys

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

The occult only holds the keys

Post by inMalkuth »

It itself is not an inner truth, only a signpost to that truth.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: The occult only holds the keys

Post by Desecrated »

inMalkuth wrote:It itself is not an inner truth, only a signpost to that truth.
Instead of just posting cryptic. Why don't you sit down and try to formulate something a bit more tangible. Do you want to say something, do you need help, do you want us to respond to all of your messages, are you trying to communicate or asking for advice or what exactly is it that you are after?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Maybe he/she thought he had a great idea and felt an urge to share it. I have those as well every other day.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

I dont feel that this is cryptic at all, but that it is totally revealing of what the occult is meant to be used for. I have no opinion to share because when I do, I am accused of being narrow minded or barking orders at people, or that what I say is so "obvious". I dont see the reason to share my thoughts about my thoughts here anymore, and am choosing to simply make statements, however "obvious" (or cryptic) they may be.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

inMalkuth wrote:I dont feel that this is cryptic at all, but that it is totally revealing of what the occult is meant to be used for. I have no opinion to share because when I do, I am accused of being narrow minded or barking orders at people, or that what I say is so "obvious". I dont see the reason to share my thoughts about my thoughts here anymore, and am choosing to simply make statements, however "obvious" (or cryptic) they may be.
It never bothered me much, other people's opinion about me. Maybe it did, a long time ago, but not recently enough to remember. I find feelings and emotions to be an inconvenience more often than not, even if I my lack of emotion intimidates people sometimes.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote:Maybe he/she thought he had a great idea and felt an urge to share it. I have those as well every other day.
I do to. But if I want to communicate with others I have to flesh it out and make an effort to make it understandable to others.
This is a discussion forum, not a facebook page or a private blog. There is no point of posting random thoughts.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

inMalkuth wrote:I dont feel that this is cryptic at all, but that it is totally revealing of what the occult is meant to be used for. I have no opinion to share because when I do, I am accused of being narrow minded or barking orders at people, or that what I say is so "obvious". I dont see the reason to share my thoughts about my thoughts here anymore, and am choosing to simply make statements, however "obvious" (or cryptic) they may be.
Explain your statement to me like I'm a 5 year old then. Break it down, simplify, and communicate it.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

I dont know why I would bother. Seems that most of you are simply a bunch of Sophists.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

inMalkuth wrote:I dont know why I would bother. Seems that most of you are simply a bunch of Sophists.
Then why are you here?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Desecrated wrote:
Cerber wrote:Maybe he/she thought he had a great idea and felt an urge to share it. I have those as well every other day.
I do to. But if I want to communicate with others I have to flesh it out and make an effort to make it understandable to others.
This is a discussion forum, not a facebook page or a private blog. There is no point of posting random thoughts.
You know we are dying, being squeezed out of existence by all those evil fascist social networks. You could put at least some effort to stay afloat, to stay competitive. I know you are a man of old habits, but you still have some flex in you, I know you have it in you. If we work as a team, we will prevail! [yay]

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

Because Im a Sophist too.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

I only know how much I know, and how much I am told to know.

I cannot prevent the reaction to my actions, but I can take actions in accordance with what I understand to be correct.

So... what is your ideal?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

inMalkuth wrote: So... what is your ideal?
My ideal is a bit curvy, sexually active and proactive, Asians get extra point, but not a major factor. Let me see what else. I think I prefer smoker.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

nice

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

You probably hear it often enough, but you should quit smoking.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

chowderpope wrote:You probably hear it often enough, but you should quit smoking.
All the time, and not only from this side. But I don't see Them helping me much to actually do it, maybe there's something wrong with my eyes

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

inMalkuth wrote:Because Im a Sophist too.
Then you really should be able to clarify your original statement.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

Desecrated wrote:
It isnt a question of able, it is a question of want

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

inMalkuth wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
It isnt a question of able, it is a question of want
Then why would you say anything at all?
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

The thing about your posts is you're not leaving any pathways for discussion. You're stating everything as fact and leaving it at that. I don't walk up to war veterans and start explaining to them how war works because they would just think I'm annoying. If I approached a war veteran and started a conversation, respecting their position of experience, I'm sure it would work out better for everyone involved. A discussion is a game, and it's best to play it by certain rules.

Yes, inner traditions contain symbolism that point to ultimate truth. There, you have confirmation. Is that what you were looking for?

I promise you, the people on this forum are not nearly as confrontational and difficult as they seem to you. Instead of pointing fingers and playing the victim, you may want to consider your presentation style.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

Because it is my will to do so

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

Its odd to me that in a place that is supposed to embrace pretty much any form of expression and experiment that I keep running into the same song about my presentation. I feel like I am talking to a bunch of closed minded people who cant seem to be inspired by anything. I assume there are a couple of reasons for this:

1. Youve read it all, thought about it all, fed off the fat of every intellect in the known world and are so bloated that nothing now pleases you.

2. You actually have thought about very little, and are reacting against what I say in order to defend the small amount of wisdom and experience that you actually possess.

3. Youre simply trying to provoke me without giving any real consideration to any actual content of what I say.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Again, you're playing the victim.

1. I continue to learn and grow every day in my study and practice. I am so excited about the endless possibility in the fields I am working in.

2. Trust me, you are not threatening me. I'll leave it at that without resorting to insulting.

3. I don't think anyone has the intention of provoking you, but your posts are eliciting a certain reaction.

Look at any other thread, you might see some blunt advice or tough love, but I have never seen this sort of reaction except to your posts. Yet you think that you're not the reason, it must be that something is wrong with everyone else.

I was just trying to help you get along better, but you are taking a defensive position. Anyway, I am glad that you have realized that the occult contains signposts to the truth.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

It is possible that I misinterpret some of the responses I receive. Instead of taking a systematic approach to responding to each individual reply I lump them into a general public reaction and respond to them as a whole, and that is a flaw I see in my posting. I have been thinking about this want to state anything lately, but I am going to still do so in the hopes that I do discover one or two other people that can understand what I am saying. I cant expect everyone to hear my ideas and that shouldnt be the motive for my expression. Being too idealistic, I want to make blanket observations that would encourage and inspire all of us, and I now admit this will never be the case. Rather than not saying anything, I will continue to choose to say something, and try to keep an open eye for someone that catches on to what I am saying. I will leave the rest of you alone and leave you to your opinion. It is not my duty to inspire or educate anyone, or to provoke the reaction I hope for (because that will never occur).

[yay]

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

[thumbup]

Return to “Individual Spirituality”