How far does the rabbit hole go?

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: How far does the rabbit hole go?

Post by blindwake »

Spida, yes, but they might also have gotten 11 from the fact that there are 10 numerals (0-9) and 10 + 1 = 11. Or that the flying spaghetti monster owns eleven cats (six of which are black, one of which is yellow, and the others some other color). Your correlation is valid, but my point is that it cannot show causation.

I studied kabbalah for a short while until I realized that all the symbols were arbitrary at best, and that it was essentially circle jerk to use them. Don't get me wrong, the symbols as a language, are highly effective, and a key aspect of magick is to be able to convey meaning with symbols. However, a language is still arbitrary. You can't use it for logical reasoning unless it is well defined.

I'm actually extremely curious as to why rituals like the Kabbalistic Cross and LBRP work. I can't deny that they cause interesting effects, but I can get similar results with other non-kabbalistic symbols too.
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

blindwake wrote: I know, but that's still abstract.
It's meant to be. There cubes and there are hypercubes, concepts and "hyper-concepts", or tools and "hyper-tools". For the most part you can make do with your "3d" somewhat easily defined static tools (ideas, concepts) like most people do, if you stick to your patch of land. But when intentionally or unintentionally interdenominational barriers crossed you encounter "stuff" that don't play by the "comfortable" rules, "stuff" that suddenly have infinite "perceivable" sides and shapes, stuff that you can't actually perceive in it's entirety, yet you can observe some part, a "slice" of it at many different "angles", and if you look at it enough times flipping it around, eventually your mind can grasp the concept of it, develop a "feel" for it, and you gain partial spacial "understanding" of this or that abstract concept. Now what it is, what part or slice of it you use for this or that context entirely depends on you and that context, you don't necessarily have to or even should use the same projection, part, slice of it you used yesterday. you just turn, push and flip it around, that "hypercube" until you get the "shape" that fits your "context". So "warping" back to the beginning, any "non-abstract" definition of a soul is impractical, it doesn't have much uses in your every day "3d" life, you don't ride soul to work, you don't use it as a currency when buying milk, and all "non-abstract" definitions of it is impractical on the greater scale. It does not really exist as something specific with clear boundaries, it's not everything either, but it surely has plenty of infinity about it.

house6and12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by house6and12 »

argumentation today i agree is mostly combat but its real use was to reinforce the body
to reinforce
blindwake wrote:[thumbup]

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by blindwake »

Cerber,

[smile] Abstract concepts are still valid as definitions. I'm actually quite relaxed about what I might accept as a valid definition. For example, even though I can't personally imagine having a 360 degree field of view, I know it can exist because vision is just about color data, and the idea that color data has to form a grid like structure is unfounded.

I think I understand the analogy. I'd argue though, that if such an abstract object has many components, slices, each of which can be used for different things, the abstract object isn't really a single object in itself; it can probably be reduced into groups of smaller objects. That's part of what I'm getting at here with definitions.

If you told someone who didn't understand modern technology that you drove a car to work today, you could show them a picture of a car, etc. You could also tell them that a car consists of an engine, frame, tires, etc. However, until you explain the car to them in simplest terms, they'd never really understand what a car is, and how it works. For example, there's a big difference between understanding a car's components and what they do, and being able to explain the atomic structures of the materials which comprise those components. The difference is similar to how a script kiddie isn't a real hacker.

I agree, there's no day to day use for a soul, but it could have applications outside of day to day life. For example, if I want to make one, think about how I could theoretically raise a zombie, etc.

You've actually made a very good point. A soul has no applications in day to day life. But then why do we even have a word for a soul? If it isn't practical and doesn't have any real uses, it's a vacuous term. Redundancy says it shouldn't exist then. The very fact that we can't explain what it is points to it not having a reason to exist as a concept.

House6and12,

???
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

I think the comment about the dots might have been for me, since i abuse the hell out of dots... but for the life of me, i can't recall what i might have posted.

anyway, when it comes to drawing connections like there's 10 spheres in the kab, and 10 dimensions in m-theory... i mean... that's so wildly arbitrary. Might as well say it's because you have 10 fingers, or, as has been suggested, the spaghetti monster's cat count.

to answer the question though, i do like the deep conversations. I don't feel i've learned enough to lose interest in talking about it, and i don't imagine any conversation is totally unable to get pregnant with epiphany :P

to address the idea of superiority in mentality: I think there is a kind of continuum, on one end is the totally confident ignorant fool, the person who does not know that they know nothing, but gets by on bravado. On the other end of the continuum is the very wise person who is clever enough to know that even if they second guess themselves constantly, they could very easily still be wildly wrong.

Personally I think that neither of those 2 states is ideal for the purpose of making progress in a goal oriented fashion. There's a sort of synthesis of egotistical 'can do/will do', willfully ignorant of the concept of failure, and not overly eager to uptake dogma and fantasy presented as fact... mixed with a humility where all that you think you know is open for regular deconstructing, and an awareness of the relative warping of any perception of reality caused by a thousand things, even being in this species.

Cocky, but not too cocky to learn, just cocky enough to apply what's learned effectively, and cocky enough to know that anything that needs to be learned, will be learned.

Obviously, the unstoppable conquering heroine who slays all dragons of unknowing... is kind of a fantasy, but it's the sort of fantasy which is surprisingly self fulfilling.

and yeah, it had to have been me abusing the dots, poor things...

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Kath wrote: anyway, when it comes to drawing connections like there's 10 spheres in the kab, and 10 dimensions in m-theory... i mean... that's so wildly arbitrary. Might as well say it's because you have 10 fingers, or, as has been suggested, the spaghetti monster's cat count.
I apologize for saying so, but the above comment is simply an ignorant assessment. It's no fault of the Poster as most do not have knowledge of these Paradigms sufficient enough to see beyond the Number Ten(which is actually 11) which is understandable :-)

These two Paradigms are not "Wildly Arbitrary" in comparison as they are representative of Cosmic Origins, Anabolism, and resulting Manifestations. Granted there are a lot of gray areas, but I would prefer to call it a work in progress in lieu of "Wildly Arbitrary"

And to further deviate from the "Wildly Arbitrary" I would merely indicate a correlation between The Singularity of The Big Bang with that of Kether, the Primordial Point. I go out on a Limb here and call these Zero Dimensional Points that exist in the absence of Four Dimensional Spacetime.

So there are correlations(and as stated also gray areas) that go beyond random; arbitrary things that also happen to contain sets of 10(we know now its 11), e.g. Fingers and Toes, et cetera.

No comment on the Spaghetti Monster's Cat Count. I had him figured for a Dog Monster :-)

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Spida wrote:
I apologize for saying so, but the above comment is simply an ignorant assessment. It's no fault of the Poster as most do not have knowledge of these Paradigms sufficient enough to see beyond the Number Ten(which is actually 11) which is understandable :-)
So how many you've managed to count so far? And are you sure you were counting the strings of beads and not the beads on a single string? How sure? Mathematically or philosophically sure?

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Cerber wrote: So how many you've managed to count so far? And are you sure you were counting the strings of beads and not the beads on a single string? How sure? Mathematically or philosophically sure?
And yet another post gets eaten. I guess it can also happen when I am stone cold sober. Let me try again.

It depends on which exotic theory you are referencing. In one Theory there are 9 Dimensions plus Time, and in another there are 10 Plus Time. I am only certain what the Theorists say, and not about what they say.

In a Multi-Universal Theory how ever many Dimensions exist within a single universe would exist in every Universe. The number of Universes would be infinite, and extend indefinitely into the Bulk of the Multiverse. So pertaining to the metaphor, the number of beads would be 10 or 11, but the number of beaded strings would be infinite.

More important to the Occultist would be that they are stating the existence of these micro dimensions, or inner worlds. That have fewer or Zero Exterior Spatial Dimensions. The entire existence of these Micro Dimensions would be within. An inner progression similar to the Spiral, or how you can keep zooming in indefinitely on a Fractal Pattern. So you have Micro infinity in lieu of the more commonly thought of Macro Infinity.

These Micro Dimensions are possibly Portals to Inner Realities, perhaps at times we may visit these and not even be aware that we are doing so.

It could be merely coincidence that there are Six Sephiroth of Yetzirah, Six points of the Hexagram, and these Six Micro Dimensions, but its worth mentioning anyway.

The post that got eaten was better I think. Only because I enjoyed writing it, and to have to retype it amounts to nothing more than a pain in the ass :-) But lets not give up because of it shall we. I do remember in the past timing out and having to use the back arrow to recover, which in some cases is no longer an option, oh well.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Nvm, I must have misread your post. For a moment it seemed as if you were mocking somebody's ignorance as if you would know better, but it seems you meant something else. My bad [zomg]

p.s. I think you got it upside down. Infinite number universes does not imply infinite number of dimentions . You began counting strings, and half way to went on to counting beads. And to me that seems a bit wrong both mathematically and philosophically. A universe is a bead on a string, not string of beads.
A string can be infinite, only in theory, but the number of dimensions is kept as low as necessary for the healthy existence of the multi-verse, otherwise we might get all tangled up rather quickly. At least it is so according to my believes

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Okay , Spida...

Here is another possibility...

In our Tree , there are 11 dimensions...

Yet , the center seven , ( which if you remove some outer lines I drew is
the shape of Crowley's Unicursal Hexagram we showed him ) , have a value
of 692 , which equals Time Travel ;

Now the very center pair is pronounced Payuurt + Eel , thus Payuurt Eel / Portal ;

The entire 11 pairs of symbols has a standard low value , as in the Obri / Hebrew
Aleph - Beth , of 1495 ;

So , I just checked for the fun of it...and look what came out :

Eleven = 156
Dimensions = 356
Plus = 176
Time = 624
System = 183
= 1495

Now , to check it by another formula :

Manifestation = 19
Eleven = 156
Dimensions = 356
And = 44
Time = 624
Dimension = 296
= 1495

Just thought I would throw *that* into the stone soup... [wink]
Attachments
rsz_23runictree-2fix.jpg

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

@Cerber

You are right. There are Models that I haven't adapted to with regard to these String Theories. Sounds like you are referencing the one that is similar to Discs(Universes) that are stacked upon one another.

Anyway. I suppose what I did was to incorporate Multiverse Theory with the Big Bang Theory. So initially you have the inflation of a single Universe which is spherical. This includes our 4D Spacetime Plus the 6 Micro Dimensions, and the way I have looked at the Spatially Extended Dimension is like a Brane, or Membrane ergo M theory that would be the 11th Dimension that encapsulates an entire Universe, granted that laws may not be replicated exactly from universe to universe.

So what I end up with is a Macrocosmic reflection maybe similar to how some Quantum Particles Vibrate and Propagate. Something analogous to a soap bubble scenario, bouncing around in the infinite void :-)

@Shawn
Thank you SIr. I will have to get back to that one, got a time issue :-)

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Spida wrote: Anyway. I suppose what I did was to incorporate Multiverse Theory with the Big Bang Theory. So initially you have the inflation of a single Universe which is spherical. This includes our 4D Spacetime Plus the 6 Micro Dimensions, and the way I have looked at the Spatially Extended Dimension is like a Brane, or Membrane ergo M theory that would be the 11th Dimension that encapsulates an entire Universe, granted that laws may not be replicated exactly from universe to universe.
But we don't know for sure if it's spherical. An even if it looks somewhat spherical in 3D, that doesn't automatically mean it is spherical in 4D, 5D or any other nD, does it?

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Cerber wrote:
Spida wrote: Anyway. I suppose what I did was to incorporate Multiverse Theory with the Big Bang Theory. So initially you have the inflation of a single Universe which is spherical. This includes our 4D Spacetime Plus the 6 Micro Dimensions, and the way I have looked at the Spatially Extended Dimension is like a Brane, or Membrane ergo M theory that would be the 11th Dimension that encapsulates an entire Universe, granted that laws may not be replicated exactly from universe to universe.
But we don't know for sure if it's spherical. An even if it looks somewhat spherical in 3D, that doesn't automatically mean it is spherical in 4D, 5D or any other nD, does it?
Just out of curiosity , I typed into google search "sperical in Nd" :

https://www.google.com/search?q=Spheric ... 66&bih=646

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Spida wrote:

These two Paradigms are not "Wildly Arbitrary" in comparison as they are representative of Cosmic Origins, Anabolism, and resulting Manifestations. Granted there are a lot of gray areas, but I would prefer to call it a work in progress in lieu of "Wildly Arbitrary"

And to further deviate from the "Wildly Arbitrary" I would merely indicate a correlation between The Singularity of The Big Bang with that of Kether, the Primordial Point. I go out on a Limb here and call these Zero Dimensional Points that exist in the absence of Four Dimensional Spacetime.

So there are correlations(and as stated also gray areas) that go beyond random; arbitrary things that also happen to contain sets of 10(we know now its 11), e.g. Fingers and Toes, et cetera.

No comment on the Spaghetti Monster's Cat Count. I had him figured for a Dog Monster :-)
Don't apologize, if i am ignorant of anything, then it is to my liking that I know about it.
That said, I still disagree.
There is a tendency of the clever mind to draw connections between coincidences, while failing often to account for the sheer number of variables at play and how common coincidences are.
This tendency seems particularly active when related to numerical values, which create by far the largest amount of coincidences due to their abstraction of reality, and as abstractions are always reductive and simplified, it makes it easier to find imagined parallels. Gematria is especially bad in this regard, since differing forms of it provide many different avenues within which to draw assumed associations.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

The female version. Not only does it get to feed for twenty-three days every twenty-third spring; it also finds time to post on occult forums. It's very admirable.

Comparatively speaking of course. They are not carbon copies, but similarities are evident.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Rather than start a new thread:

I was reading through some of my notes from years past and had quite forgotten this:

"A few months ago I met the daughter of a Mason for a few moments. I was quite taken aback by something profound connected with her.

The following day I had a look at her in meditation and saw that she was carrying cosmic seeds - about 24 by my count.

A couple of days later I again was meditating and showed her to the Eagle depicted by Leonardo. The Eagle immediately stretched out his left claw and moved one of her seeds a short distance - on to the top of a local hill - whereupon the seed sprouted/hatched into a legendary bird.

A couple of weeks later I showed her to the Eagle again and again he moved one of her seeds, this time into a site in inland Australia, but the seed did not and has not hatched.

A few weeks later - the memory for some reason is blurred - the seeds she carried were transferred to me, and they sat in my aura making me look grossly obese.

A week or two later, I was looking at the Great Architect of The Universe, and his brother turned up and just took almost half the seeds, without even asking. That then reduced my load to a manageable level and the seeds largely dropped out of my awareness.

Then a month later I saw the original carrier and she seemed to me to have lost that profundity that was so obvious. Still there must be more there. How did she get to carry such a large collection of seeds? What was her qualification?

Why should seeds suitable for the brother of the GAOTU (running quite a different set of universes) have been here on this planet?"

The Eagle is also known as The Lord of the World, Sanat Kumara and the Ancient of Days

The wolf/dog refers to Sirius. Notice that the dog star is navigating to the heart of the Eagle! This is a significant relationship. Our Eagle has illustrious ancestors.

The image of the double-headed eagle is only used by northern hemisphere nations. The Eagle looks two ways at once: into the planet and out into the Cosmos - hence double-headed.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Eagles-Gift-C ... 067173251X

Return to “Individual Spirituality”