Are you authentic?

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

Thaumaturgic Theorist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Are you authentic?

Post by Thaumaturgic Theorist »

neofight wrote:This topic represents the kinds of things I think about. It seems like most occultists are simply non-committal folk that want liberty in a world that has restrictions. It almost feels like wandering around a group of lost souls. Fear of committing to an ideal is not liberty, it is loss. When a person has a goal or perception to work with, they are able to accomplish, and acquiring is what I want to do- and it would seem that this is what magic is supposed to be about. It might be a vulnerability to have a want- but without it, I might as well not exist. Also it appears that when pressed, people with this kind of attitude will subtly admit that there is a foundation out there, but have simply not put it into words just yet. Isn't discovering and acquiring the whole reason to study possibility? I don't personally want to wander around in an amoral haze where I do not allow myself to believe anything. This kind of attitude sounds like the actions of someone that has fallen to pain or failure, and is trying to avoid feeling the defeat of that loss again. In the grand scheme of life, it doesn't represent what it takes to survive, and I don't think it is logical, or natural, or philosophically sound.
Preach, brother!

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Two peas in a pod...go have a beer together , unless you are the same person !

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

finally [yay]

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Don't you *dare* preach...but I am glad you feel validated... [wink]

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

First time I'd actually have to say wow - I'm glad I slept on this thread till tonight. OP was fiaah!

And thanks for reminding some of the rest of us, way behind enemy lines and surrounded by apes and ape doody on all sides, that what we intuitively feel makes sense after all and that we're not crazy, or at least on this account! There really is a beautiful mathematical geometry to the core message of living in peace!

More precise words have hardly been spoken.

Thanks for the spot of sunshine between shitstorms. :)
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

Ape doody-covered ponchos aside though...

I really can't help but think of cognition and awareness as something that crackles through all of nature and whatever we experience right now, wherever we are, is the weather of being.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Authenticity is relative, as it is a designation, like self and all phenomenon it is empty of any inherent existence. What is authentic to me is not to you. Authenticity, to 'me', is to live without deceiving yourself and know true existence, unborn awareness with no stains or false perceptions.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

two hands
a head
two eyes
a mouth
a nose
two legs
SEX ORGANS!!!

the need for shelter.

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

Duty is the highest calling.

Love is the highest Spirit.

When it comes to Duty, we should do this with the perfect Spirit of Love.

Anything else is compromising Truth of Good in the value of the Good of the words that are True to Man and their survival, and joy of experiencing.

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

The Truth is that you should know Love, and know what to do for it. Always honor Love.

Omnicentrik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Omnicentrik »

In the eyes of a God and in the eyes of mankind, the most important virtue is to be as true to what you believe as you can be. Every decision and action are wrapped up into a collection of events that represent you as a person, in my eyes and in your own. Obviously the question of ethics comes into play at this stage, but before that question is answered, it might be best to ask yourself this question: Are you authentic?
Not if that virtue causes suffering and leads to the destruction of all I hold dear. It means that in the eyes of myself at least, being an authentic psychopath is not a virtue. I would say many would agree with me, provided we are speaking about authenticity with one's self as opposed to others (which I think is called "transparency").

So if we want to hold that premise, we might say that authenticity in the eyes of God would have to further the will of God, which by definition (unless one worships Cthulhu or something) means promoting the well being of creation and each being in it and at every existential level. If I am an authentic monster, then I would probably admit that I would rather be something else, but cannot or will not because monster is what gets me by.

In my view, authenticity closes a circuit between cause and effect (some call it karma- as opposed to judgment), where we can in some way- esoteric or otherwise- consciously intervene and change from within. The problem is you can think you are authentic, but still have unconscious motives contradicting your conscious image. So I cannot answer the question in the absolute sense in the positive. Of course, there are still gaps in my being, but I feel and from observation think I am more authentic than most I have encountered. I have also seen that esoteric capacity increases with increased authenticity (which I would also call self-integration), because more of me is conscious, and hence I am more resourceful of my potential.

I would also say that authenticity is a dynamic unfolding of one's sense of potential when meeting the crucible of experience. If something halts that progress along the way, authenticity can degrade, but beyond a certain point one has a greater chance of recognizing its signs in one's self. In other words, "know thyself" (and apply it) is a matter of commitment to a process. That commitment is a sign of authenticity in my view, and it is something that defines me.

Return to “Individual Spirituality”