Gods, Magick, Abraham, And the Law of Attraction

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

javz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Gods, Magick, Abraham, And the Law of Attraction

Post by javz »

Has anyone heard of a teacher by the name of Abraham Hicks?
This goes on the premise of the Law of Attraction, vibrational frequencies,
ease, and well-being.
Is there, if any, a correlation between teachers such as these (or Bashar), and the deliberate
practice of magick to shape one's physical experience? Or working with entities
we deem "gods"? Is Abraham some sort of pantheon unrecognized by history?
I find great comfort in these teachings, yet resonate so strongly with ancient magick
and incantations.
Someone's response to one of my earlier threads was "abiding by the rules of the matrix"
Does ancient magick defy this, and is that the purpose of Abraham's teachings of vibrations
and mindset, to create an easier way to navigate through this physical experience?
It would be nice for some outer perspective on such topics

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Gods, Magick, Abraham, And the Law of Attraction

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Multiple links , please to exactly what you are referring to...thank you... [wink]

Always provide those , as it helps others to know where you are drawing your info ,
if at all possible...there are probably ( most likely ) many viewpoints on this , and
if you are seeking an answer it would be best to start with the viewpoint you are
speaking of for others to give you a proper answer... [thumbup]

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

javz wrote:Has anyone heard of a teacher by the name of Abraham Hicks?
This goes on the premise of the Law of Attraction, vibrational frequencies,
ease, and well-being.
Is there, if any, a correlation between teachers such as these (or Bashar), and the deliberate
practice of magick to shape one's physical experience? Or working with entities
we deem "gods"?
Yes, Law of attraction is one of the hermetic principles. The self-help movement grew out of the New Thought movement and they had a big impact on modern magick.
So they are related, but not the same.

Is Abraham some sort of pantheon unrecognized by history?
"According to Esther and Jerry Hicks, "Abraham" consists of a group of entities which are "interpreted" by Esther Hicks. Abraham have described themselves as "a group consciousness from the non-physical dimension". "
I find great comfort in these teachings, yet resonate so strongly with ancient magick
and incantations.
Someone's response to one of my earlier threads was "abiding by the rules of the matrix"
Does ancient magick defy this,

Magic defies the rule of science, but most people who practice magic feel that's just because the scientific view is to narrow. Magic follows the rules of the universe. It's just that some people have a different view of what exactly the universe is.
Most people in magick believe there is a non-physical cause and correlation going on beside the physical cause and correlation that we are used to. But some people believe that these non-physical causes are maybe physical in some sense, it's just that we haven't discovered what kind of physics it is using.

And then you have different interpretations of the mind/body problem.
and is that the purpose of Abraham's teachings of vibrations
and mindset, to create an easier way to navigate through this physical experience?
Yeah. That's pretty much it.

javz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by javz »

Thanks for your replies.
My view on the universe is not so clearly defined; at least from what I've experienced thus far, it is a physical experience that certain beings, varying on their origin or alignment, come to play certain roles that contribute to some broader perspective or cause, call it "purpose" or "destiny" if you will. And when one does not follow that certain path, not that it is predestined, but more so of a preferred choice of action/occupation/thought process, that individual experiences great resistance, and much turmoil comes from this; much of which is a result of choices made from the individual.
I have no idea what happens once we part the mortal coil, as I am certain no person really "knows", as views have varied from century to century.
As far as physical and non-physical entities, I am aware of multiple presences near me. Call them "guardians" if you will; but some seem to be soft and gentle, while others seem to be like a guard dog or beast.
I do believe we create our own realities through our thoughts and vibrations; but I have not been able to correlate this with the use of magic words or incantations. For instance, my entire spine tingles when I say certain phrases or words that are known as ancient spells or incantations, and I am not able to explain why.
Or when viewing a program that deals with magic, when a character boldly declares or chants an incantation, my spine also vibrates tremendously, and it really resonates with me on a deeper level.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

javz wrote: For instance, my entire spine tingles when I say certain phrases or words that are known as ancient spells or incantations, and I am not able to explain why.
There is actually a term for this in psychiatry, but it basically happens because you are an emotional person. You don't just feel things in your brain, you feel them in your body as well.

Return to “Individual Spirituality”