I am thinking about an absolute

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am thinking about an absolute

Post by neofight »

If there is no absolute, and it is random, and that we are free to do what we please will-nilly, then we would all be gods. Everyone would be justified and there would be no need for any spiritual or occult work. It may be that we all go to a similar destiny in design, based on our choices, but I doubt that true divinity can be reached by just anyone for being anything, saying and doing what they like- all because they didn't believe in committing to an ideal.

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: I am thinking about an absolute

Post by blindwake »

If there is no absolute, and it is random, and that we are free to do what we please will-nilly, then we would all be gods. Everyone would be justified and there would be no need for any spiritual or occult work. It may be that we all go to a similar destiny in design, based on our choices, but I doubt that true divinity can be reached by just anyone for being anything, saying and doing what they like- all because they didn't believe in committing to an ideal.
Like it or not, you must commit to some ideal, even if your ideal is to have no ideal; no matter what, there must be a descriptor for your behaviour.
A lack of commitment, I agree, is wasteful, but surely you must make progress eventually even if a path is the least efficient.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure why anyone would want to obtain "divinity" anyway. The only absolute worth fighting for is the ability to decide what is rewarding; to get out of the consumerism type existence by simply deciding what makes you happy.

Pain is not intrinsically painful, pleasure is not intrinsically pleasurable. It's what you want that makes something good or bad. The only thing worth obtaining is exactly what you want.
And the only way to decide what you want is to obtain that power over yourself, and to be sure that no one can ever take it from you.

It's quite possible to commit to an ideal that is not an absolute. I quite prefer my life story being free of MacGuffins.
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

I see a web, or a weave, or even a tree. At the root or center is the genesis and from there spreads out in all directions different near-perfect ideals. I see a lot of us as being far from the nexus- living and doing and reacting in ways to greater ideas and powers. Somewhere near the core is the great ideas or inspirations. It may be that we all wind up with the same type of destiny regardless of how close we came to the great center, and that sounds like a fair way to treat us all. However, there is the whispered promise in occult realms of attaining some sort of greater role or ability in a future other-world. I agree that it is or at least should be about the here and now, and making this your next world. Still, if there are other powers at work, how do you suppose we get there?

bathtub-alchemist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by bathtub-alchemist »

I think you are primarily right in the original post. We are for most parts and purposes, gods....although the occult can benefit us greatly nonetheless

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

neofight wrote:If there is no absolute, and it is random, and that we are free to do what we please will-nilly, then we would all be gods. Everyone would be justified and there would be no need for any spiritual or occult work. It may be that we all go to a similar destiny in design, based on our choices, but I doubt that true divinity can be reached by just anyone for being anything, saying and doing what they like- all because they didn't believe in committing to an ideal.
Defining the 'Absolute' is one thing, but to use the term loosely you can arrive at many existential realities, and processes by way of extrapolation. You can begin with an inward truth(I Am), and work your way outward into the Infinite(Absolute). I dont think anyone will argue as to whether or not they exist. So extrapolation is used to understand what is 'Without', by starting with what is 'Within'. This is a very rational approach with minimal Bullshit. A solid foundation to build on, but it takes time.

When you combine the "I Am", i.e. the fact that you exist and are here right now. With other concepts such as Finite Linear Time, and Eternity you begin to get glipmses of the bigger picture, at first. Which culminate with concepts such as Eternal Recurrence/Return.

As we are all Gods in a sense because we are bound to Eternity, being a part of it. Anything that is happening within an Eternal Construct is happening an infinite number of times, i.e. If the Cause or Absolute is Eternal then its Effects MUST also be Eternal. We are some of these Effects, ergo we are also Eternal.

This ends with the Maxim/Axiom: If the Cause never ceases to exist, then neither shall it's Effects. They are two halves that make a whole. One does not make any sense without the other. Cause AND Effect. Eternally.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

I Am Absolutely Absolutely I Am

"My Father's House Has Many Mansions"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-WyreE9ZkI

Consider it just continuing to increase in dimensions outward , and inward to a zero point ,
in a feedback loop , ouroboros fashion... [wink]

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:I Am Absolutely Absolutely I Am

"My Father's House Has Many Mansions"
Absolutely :-)

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spida :

The reason I used that as well...( the rotating hypercube )...

is not only do I "mentally" think it that way , and "emotionally / psychically"
feel it that way , but due to the code I work with and teach as well...

From my Tradition , in the arrangement shown , the four corner symbols ,
equal 159 , which in gematria :

Point = 159

State + To Go Around In A Circle = 119 + 41

Yet , the whole arrangement , equals 994...

Point = 159
+

Zero = 277
Point = 159
Hypercube = 399

= 994

... [wink] ...

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Shawn,

I did look at the Video earlier, and thought it was cool. The Geometric Progression/Sequences. I could see a few different things going on there, also with respect to direction of movement, but I didn't have a comment on it which is why I didn't include it in the reply. I often remove things so as to avoid needlessly wasting space.

I am on the same Page you are for the most part here. Speaking of which, the Spiral Video you posted got me thinking about its application within a ZDP. The ZDP is infinite within, and the Inward Progression of the Spiral is an infinite Geometric Progression that approaches micro infinity. They go together, but it's just an obscure observation. Normally I would probably keep this sort of thing to myself.

So your Video Postings are very good [thumbup]

bathtub-alchemist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by bathtub-alchemist »

perhaps even the "Absolute's" fate is uncertain

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

bathtub-alchemist wrote:perhaps even the "Absolute's" fate is uncertain
Perhaps even what may be referred to as 'Absolute' isn't really. The most Absolute conception I have at the current time is an Existential Loop. This containing periods of non-time(eternal states), and then manifestation of consciousness(ZDP). Followed by the creation of Four Dimensional Space and Time.

Now some might consider the Initial Cause, Primordial Consciousness, or God as the Absolute, but it isn't. Since it would be manifestied periodically, and even sporadically throughout eternity adhering to some form of Rhythm(Hermetic Principle).

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

So the depiction of Ouroboros a little while back got me thinking about a 'Serpent' that would visually elaborate the schema I had envisioned a bit more efficiently. This would be the "Existential Loop" the 'Most' Absolute(The Grand Paradox comes to mind). An Eternal Cycle containing phases of: Time and No Time, Positive and Negative Existence, Something and Nothing, Chaos and Order, et cetera. The preceding are basically all synonymous with one another.

I am not a Snake Expert, but the first one that came to mind is the "Coral Snake" as Ouroboros. Which would render a Visual Depiction of the Above 'States', namely Positive and Negative Existence. Using the best images I could find on Google:

I can't find a decent image that I like, but this is the Snake:

So using this Serpent to form a closed '"Eternal Loop". You have the Red Segments that represent Positive Existence, the Black Segments Negative Existence, and then you have the smaller bands in between those that could be indicative of transitional states, i.e. emerging from Negative Existence, and then returning to it.

It's just an elaboration of Ouroboros. Maybe the Coral Snake is a Microcosmic reflection of this Absolute Reality. Maybe not :-)

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

This Rune means time *and* timelessness , polarization *and* depolarization
and breakthrough among many other layers of meaning...( including neon )

The symbol across from it in column arrangements , means rites of passage ,
power to move forward ( evolution ) , and physical magnetism for just a few meanings...

A magnetic loop , in that form ?

Yet , that is not necessarily *flat*...it most likely is a mobius strip...

Try that in the data bank... [wink]

( see how it became the hourglass , and the eternity symbol ? )
Attachments
23-Dagaz.png
23-Dagaz.png (131.06 KiB) Viewed 19414 times

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Greetings Shawn,

I was going to comment on that Symbol earlier, but figured I would wait, and do it on the outskirts of an Altered State(it rhymes) :-)

So I can see a few interesting facets of that Symbol:

Hourglass was mentioned(or I would have). So it's intriguing that a functional(mundane) apparatus is also representative of some obscure existential elements. Where there is a solid connection between the Mystical and the Mundane.

I can see the depolarization as 'Unity' at the intersection of the ' X '. Which would signify the Primordial Point. and the absence of Time and Space. And then the Division(Polarization) of the 'One' into the two, which basically marks the beginning of everything in Existence.

The Physical Magnetism you mentioned I see as created upon Polarization or Division of the 'One'. So there is an irresistible force at work that seeks reunification, ergo Sexual Desires, for one.

So I use the Geometrical Shapes such as Closed Eternal Loops, and sequences to signify a process of Existence(and Non Existence)but not necessarily literally. It just seems like a convenient way to convey ideas, Granted that some of these Geometries are actual parts of Creation.

So I am not overly familiar with Runes, so go easy on me. Thank You :-)

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I forgot to mention I can see the Supernal Triad in that Rune also. The intersection is Kether, and upon Polarization you initiate the beginning of time and space, and ergo the two halves of the Hourglass, i.e. Chokmah and Binah(the Magnetism).

Primary Division of the One into the Two, and so on and so forth.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

True , Spida...good observations...

Now bringing in little known information about that rune , as it's relation
to neon...neon , as I understand it , may only be studied in a magnetic
bottle...

Here is some interesting information on neon...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon

And spectrometers :

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.10 ... 4/016/meta

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

I wonder what all this scientific mumbo jumbo does for your spirituality, and what you do with it in the world?

Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hound »

neofight wrote:I wonder what all this scientific mumbo jumbo does for your spirituality, and what you do with it in the world?
For some, spirituality is just another form of science. A thing to study, test, and experience. And generally both spirituality and science tend to go hand in hand if one allows them. But one must also take into account that the manner in which a person processes stimuli is individualistic. Some do so better from a more scientific lens, or mindset. Some with numbers. Among many other methods. Manner of expression is generally the least important aspect of discussion. It should be the core subject matter that's important. So really, I wouldn't call it 'mumbo jumbo' just because it's a different way of processing information :).

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Well said , Hound...

As for Neofight , by whatever name he goes by , he has a history of
negativity toward any who don't agree with his views or methods...

I have no problem with telling him where to put his mumbled jargon...

Oh , look at that...the words just rearranged themselves into what
I really think about his criticisms and diatribes... [wink]

I didn't have to do a thing...

( this has been ongoing for a long time , Hound )

Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hound »

Have to admit I chuckled a bit, Shawn. Good to know. I'll let the thread get back to it's intended purpose.

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Well said , Hound...

Uncertain why a critical look at something is "negativity". Guess a fool cant ask a question or two. Must be nice to know everything, I guess. Funny that you actually don't, because if you did, you'd understand my intention, and see what I am asking about.

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

Hound wrote:
neofight wrote:I wonder what all this scientific mumbo jumbo does for your spirituality, and what you do with it in the world?
For some, spirituality is just another form of science. A thing to study, test, and experience. And generally both spirituality and science tend to go hand in hand if one allows them. But one must also take into account that the manner in which a person processes stimuli is individualistic. Some do so better from a more scientific lens, or mindset. Some with numbers. Among many other methods. Manner of expression is generally the least important aspect of discussion. It should be the core subject matter that's important. So really, I wouldn't call it 'mumbo jumbo' just because it's a different way of processing information :).

Hello yes I understand that any spiritual system-theology-myth investigation- magic- contemplation- scientific method- whatever is floating your boat... I get what it does for a person: it helps them think. So... what do you actually think?

Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hound »

neofight wrote:Hello yes I understand that any spiritual system-theology-myth investigation- magic- contemplation- scientific method- whatever is floating your boat... I get what it does for a person: it helps them think. So... what do you actually think?
Vague questions make for vague responses. I'm not part of the current discussion of the thread, so I have no input in that regard. To ask what I 'think', if you mean in a general sense, is to ask why people think. If you have a more specific interest feel free to voice it.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

neofight wrote:
Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Well said , Hound...

Uncertain why a critical look at something is "negativity". Guess a fool cant ask a question or two. Must be nice to know everything, I guess. Funny that you actually don't, because if you did, you'd understand my intention, and see what I am asking about.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I see through you very well , thank you...

I do see your intention and always have...to attempt to entangle others in your overthinking and wordtraps ,
and I personally do not have patience for it...Spida and I were having a great interaction...you jealous ?

Your methodology of asking a question in the way you do , and phraseology in the process is sorely lacking
if one wants a reasonable answer...even then , I believe I have told you before , under a different name ,
I really did not enjoy engaging you...but an open thread is an open thread...and each of us can choose who
to engage , and who they choose not to engage...

Personally , I have no need to explore and post online "why" I think...I explored those questions in my early twenties...

But as I have said before...have fun with your mental masturbations...I choose not to participate with you... [thumbup]

A Wise Fool Knows Not To Trouble A Dreaming Wolf

Analytic13
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Analytic13 »

Well I think the absolute is the truth..it is this from which radiates everything..

Also, absolute is the idea of experience or experiencing.. whether its a shard or grain of truth..

Our judgement a priori is a knowing station of self.. the self is absolute..

Probably our connections to each other and things..

Communication, tangible awareness.. of the whole pyramid of consciousness..

All the archtypes.. and types or categories of things..

Some people say absolutley that love is absolute..

But on the left hand so is fear and pain..

Meaning is absolute..

The way or Tao is absolute..

Reasonable discourse in thinking and arrangement of things or otherwise logic..

The idea of things that seem to feel right or correct or on, vs falsehood and mistake

Return to “Individual Spirituality”