Dissociation of Feeling From Meaning

Unorganised, disorganised, heterodox or individual beliefs, ideas and praxis sharing.

blindwake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dissociation of Feeling From Meaning

Post by blindwake »

One of the most interesting things I've experienced is how I can have multiple totally different feelings, but have them both mean the exact same thing.

For example, in the wrong state of mind, stubbing your toe might issue a "this feels good" message, all the same as something like eating candy.

Another good example is sex. Even if you aren't particularly interested, your body might tell you to continue, or might tell you "this feels good", even though the good feeling isn't necessarily good. It's like there's two channels for the experience: audio and video. The video is completely blank, but the audio is saying "this is a bird", "this is a cow", etc., and you believe it almost automatically even though part of the information is missing.

Go eat candy. During, notice that there's nothing intrinsically tasty about the candy, but you want to eat it nevertheless. Curiously, if you think hard enough about the candy, an effect similar to dehumanization might occur, and suddenly you won't find the candy delicious. The act of understanding has the effect of reducing the compulsion to eat the candy.

This behaviour isn't quite as obvious with more intense feelings, such as a migraine, getting hit by a car, etc., but I think this is simply because you are too overwhelmed by the issued command to realize that it doesn't necessarily match up with the feeling.

The most curious thing about this: why is it necessary? Why have a bidirectional association between a feeling and a command?

Another thing to notice is that there aren't necessarily only two channels of information. For example, try to imagine yourself in an astral body. First, in order to create the body, it has to exist within some place, so you have to give it a position, which is relative to something else. This means that the moment you, for example, begin controlling an astral hand, the feeling of the hand is paired with positional data. This is easy to verify within your own body as well: notice that you can have the same tactile feeling at different positions on your body.

As well, sometimes a feeling isn't actually a single feeling at all, but a composition, and you can't tell. What's slightly weird to think about, is that positional data paired with some other feeling, isn't a number, but a feeling in itself. It is as if someone took the colors of the rainbow, and decided that the more left you move your hand, the more it will be tinted farther to the left on the rainbow, and the same for the right.

What feelings are actually compositions, that are hard to notice? (heat, position, texture, etc.)
Comments? Discuss?
When everything makes too much sense, that's when you know you've got none. It's this confidence in reality that makes me uneasy.

lettuceopen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Dissociation of Feeling From Meaning

Post by lettuceopen »

Yes

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

I agree.

I find also that having a specific feeling perspective is kind of a "finite mind" thing. Which gets kinda fuzzy around the edges if you push even slightly beyond the first person finite state of mind.

bit of a side note, but emotions have an energy-body mechanic to them. they function kind of like flame. converting potential energy into radiant energy or exhaust. emotion kind of burns up potential energy. useful for the purposes of magic working. but let me not digress. the interesting tidbit, is that if you examine your energy body, and observe the sort of burning of potential energy as emotion ...if you then just "pinch off" the exhaust (so that the emotion cannot radiantly escape as exhaust), your emotions will instantly flat-line. It doesn't matter how strong the emotions are. And it's not a matter of difficulty or struggle. just pinch in the right spot, and the emotions stop. doesn't even strictly speaking have to be your own emotions..

I'm not suggesting being emotionless, nor advocating mindfrigging other people. but the knowledge has interesting utility, and you can learn to fine tune it somewhat to selectively terminate or partly subdue emotions, as well as understand them better. Lots of potential uses. But one that stands out to me is that it offers stupid-fast avenue of approaching the silent observer in meditation.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>in the wrong state of mind, stubbing your toe might issue a "this feels good"

Many years ago I was travelling by train in Sumatra, crawling slowly up a mountain in bandit country. The conductor was accompanied by a soldier with submachine gun.

I was sitting on a rattan seat - no padding. After an hour my bum was quite sore. After 10 hours of sitting, the pain had become pleasurable - with no mind games by me.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>if you then just "pinch off" the exhaust

Can you give more detail, perhaps an image?

Meanwhile my bridge partner has got the shits with me and has been emotionally and mentally agitated all week and at a distance that has been transmitting to me. So eventually I got fed up and took the mental and emotional flows coming to me and dropped them into the earth. All is now peaceful at my end.

If he had been malicious I might well have used an ankh energy structure to reverse the flows to him. Most people give up after even a day of having their own energy returned to them.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Amor wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:25 pm >if you then just "pinch off" the exhaust

Can you give more detail, perhaps an image?
Well, at the time, i was exploring ideas for "conserving" energy (the magical sort).
I noticed that emotional states seemed to consume energy, or change it's state and emit energy outside the personal energy system.
What I did was try to close off the escape of energy from the personal energy system, so that it was not lost, and did not become externalized.
I didn't just want to keep the energy in the room with me though, I wanted to prevent losing it from the personal energy system/pool.
So i closed it off sort of deeper inside, before it became externally emitted in a manner which someone else might empathically sense.
And by closing it off, i mean utilizing energy manipulation to manually block it's flow.
I did not expect the side effect of my emotions going totally silent. It makes sense in hindsight though.
What I found interesting was that it did not require "dramatic effort". For example, if you have a strong emotion, normally it would take a great deal of effort to subdue it. But I was applying very low-effort, and not directly challenging my emotions, just tinkering with the energy flow of them. I am confident that it requires no more effort (in this approach) to subdue a strong emotion than it would to subdue a weak emotion. Or put another way, it's agnostic to the strength of the emotion, and simply disables emotion flat out. Kinda like it doesn't matter how powerful the engine on a car, if you cut the fuel line, all cars are equally easy to stop from moving.
Fine tuning this, or filtering, to be selective which which sort of emotion you're disabling, can give a tremendous amount of conscious emotional control, to the point that I'd recommend not going overboard with it. I think the reasoning mind should guide emotions, but it may be unhealthy or have odd results if you go full control freak on them.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

> emotional states seemed to consume energy

Such states can certainly radiate a lot of energy - sometimes leaving one feeling limp

>very low-effort, and not directly challenging my emotions

Most humans have a nature spirit anchored in the solar plexus chakra. When loved and cleansed of its worst trauma, it will take direction easily.

Kind control of the emotional nature spirit (not supression) is established before the second inner plane initiation.

In severe autism cases various chakra entities may leave permanently. These need to be replaced for recovery. The replacement entities cannot be chosen at random as they need to be familiar with/to the humans in the family.

>reasoning mind should guide emotions, but it may be unhealthy or have odd results if you go full control freak on them.

The Personal Will is challenged by strong emotions and often works to suppress them.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Amor wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:04 am Kind control of the emotional nature spirit (not supression) is established before the second inner plane initiation.
>reasoning mind should guide emotions, but it may be unhealthy or have odd results if you go full control freak on them.

The Personal Will is challenged by strong emotions and often works to suppress them.
I find a lot of parallels in the initiations. quite a lot. though personally it feels like... when describing something, the words alone don't really convey the whole visceral breadth & scope of things. So two people could say two very different things, speaking about the same thing, but really it only reflects which aspects stuck out to them, rather than representing disagreement.
At any rate, my curriculum was considerably less formal, hehe. I had to read a fair amount in order to learn the terminology to connect A to B in speaking with those who approach things within a more formal format.

I think the default starting point is that emotions dominate Will. And then at a more progressed level of evolution Will dominates emotions. And then at a still greater level, Will is no longer in need of 'proving itself', it's dominance over emotion is absolute, and this is seen more in being easy going with emotions, rather than any need to strong-arm them. There's no contention, and Will and emotions get along rather congenially, with a quiet understanding that one is infinitely more potent than the other, though there is no need to be so frightfully forceful.

But in this instance, I'm more describing an interesting side-note. Apart from spiritual development. Where I noticed an interesting side effect from an experiment. Sure the interplay of will and emotion is of importance to spiritual development at certain levels, but I didn't approach the experiment in that vein. At that time I was merely interested in retaining energy for use. That it offered interesting insights into the way emotions work in the subtle body, or potentially a tool useful for certain tidbits of self mastery, was coincidental. I wouldn't currently consider the amount of energy conserved in this manner to be significant. But I did then.

Anyway, what I meant about not going overboard is simply that emotions help to define the finite self, and provide a bridge to one's finite nature. Which I think is better to understand than destroy.

Particularly through middling phases of spiritual development. Until you're really in deep with infinite nature, your finite nature represents most of your footing, with which you progress. Although my own view is that things do not have to be done "in order". Some things have prerequisites, others don't. It's simplest to teach with a formulaic order to things, but some of the various details of spiritually evolving can be done out of order, in my view. Anyway, you need to have total control over emotion to achieve certain things. But you don't have to 'exercise' that control unilaterally.

Return to “Individual Spirituality”