Judaism and Christianity

Ish
Forum Member
Forum Member

Judaism and Christianity

Post by Ish »

What do you all think of Judaism and Christianity? I find it wonderfully consoling that I have bridged the gap between the two for myself. Christianity mentions blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and Judaism mentions blasphemy as anything that puts God against Himself. This also applies to condemnation. Any wrongdoing by a man is free from any judgment except by the Lord God, El Shaddai. Even when someone blasphemes God, they do not speak of God directly during trial. They use the name "Yose". This same attitude is expressed in Christianity by those Christians who forgive those who trespass against them. Christianity is of course an extension of Judaism. The other gods mentioned in the bible are in Judaism known as shed, and plural, shedim. The Lord on High has of course told his people to worship no other gods before him. These other gods are known by many other religions and mythologies. The Sumerian goddess Inanna became Ishtar, and then Astarte, and then, during a peak in male-dominated culture, became Astaroth, a demon of the Goetia whom King Solomon was said to have had control over. Please feel free to comment and start conversation as I would encourage it. Many great topics to cover. Shedim, dybbukim, the names of Yehovah, inaccurate transliterations, exorcism, and kabbalah for starters.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Judaism and Christianity

Post by Amor »

"I said: Ye are godlike beings,
And all of you sons of the Most High.
Nevertheless ye shall die like men,"
JPS Tanakh 1917 Psalm 82

So how many godlike beings are there?

Why must the sons of the Most High die like men?

Ish
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ish »

First I need to correct myself. My knowledge of Judaism is limited to what research I've done into Judaism's past. I consider myself a Christian and a Jew because of the obvious relation between the two, but its not like some wouldn't take issue with that. You asked how many godlike beings there are, and my response is that I don't actually know because I've never cared to research that part. El Shaddai is Lord and so I need not take interest in other gods. Having said that, I know that there are many godlike beings. There is the Most High, and then there are shedim. I have met shedim and dybukkim, but they are secretive to a degree and so I am unsure what to say about them. Ashmodai is one I have met. He asked me to return Ashtaroth to him.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

"When the Most High gave to the nations
When He separated the children of men,
He set the borders of the peoples
According to the number of the children of Israel.
9For the portion of the LORD is His people,
Jacob the lot of His inheritance."
Deuteronomy 32

Thus we see that the god of Israel inherited only Jacob and his clan.

Better perhaps for other peoples to follow the god to which they were given by the Most High.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

I personally don't see any difference between Judaism, Christianity and Islam. I see those 3 as just different branches of the same tree. Essentially same product, branded for slightly different markets. But not a single splinter of that tree takes any role, any part, in my personal gnosis. Despite that, I do my best trying to co-exist not violently with all who worship that "holy" tree, and all the bees that are feeding of it. To the best of my abilities, wherever and whenever possible. Except when it's not possible.

Shaman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shaman »

Amor wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:33 pm "When the Most High gave to the nations
When He separated the children of men,
He set the borders of the peoples
According to the number of the children of Israel.
9For the portion of the LORD is His people,
Jacob the lot of His inheritance."
Deuteronomy 32

Thus we see that the god of Israel inherited only Jacob and his clan.

Better perhaps for other peoples to follow the god to which they were given by the Most High.
Lol I enjoyed this. It is a good question. However, I feel like if you're a contemporary Christian then the logic goes that a new covenant was established in Christ, and all people are now God's people -- not just the descendants of Jacob -- therefore they should still turn to God. According to this logic.

Personally I feel like the big divide between the Abrahamic religions comes down to Wisdom (Judaism), Love (Christianity), and Service (Islam).

Return to “Abrahamic faiths”