Necronomicon

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: techman2985

Hey, I've been practicing magic for six years. I've recently come in contact with the necronomicon. I'm refering to the edition edited by a man named Simon. People have told me different things about the book. Some say that it's fiction. While many others have told me of their experiences with it's power. Anyway, I'm just wondereing, of the people who have successfully practiced this magic, does anyone know how I could possibly find the ritual tools needed for the rituals? Though the book says one must make them, in these times assuming one can be able to go to a mountain top and forge their own amulet or dagger out of silver is expecting alot.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: Noxlux

search

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: Nero

Since you are new to OF I will give you a hand. We have a search button at the top where you can find any thread or topic that has already been started. Please do a search before you start a new thread or people get cranky. Below is some main threads that have already been started on this topic...

1. Main one: http://www.occultforums.com/showthread.php?t=5788&highlight=Necronomicon

2. Spellbook: http://www.occultforums.com/showthread.php?t=6346&highlight=Necronomicon

3. another one: http://www.occultforums.com/showthread.php?t=5509&highlight=Necronomicon

Now along will come a mod to lock this...

Good luck by the way. The nec can be a wild ride...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: Rin Daemoko
~Behold! Strange and Wonderful Things!~

So I've been speaking with a few people about the Necronomicon -
not about its contents, but about how one feels when they start to
read the book. Two of the people that I've conversed with (and
one who says he knows someone), including myself, has said that
whenever they open the book and try to read it, they're hit with
sudden nausea, sickness, and/or a buzzing/foggy sensation in the
head.

Now, I thought it was just me. So when I shared my experience on
another forum about this, and I had several other people pipe in
"that happened to me too!" then I have to wonder. Although the
book is fiction (I understand there are people who believe otherwise),
it still has a tremendous impact. What is it about this book that could
cause someone to physically feel ill?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: Nero

Interesting point Rin, and I would love to comment but I do not want to contribute to a thread that is just going to be locked. If you want to repost it on the Talking Points thread on the Nec I will be happy to discuss it with you.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: Rin Daemoko
That sounds like a fantastic suggestion, Nero.
I will be sure to do that! Thank you kindly.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: Qryztufre

More Necro Topics (including the ones already posted)

Talking Points - The Necronomicon and its different versions ( Image123 ) I AM
Lovecraft's necronomicon Cloud Hex
Necronomicon ( 123 ... Last Page ) JRJ26
The validity or lack thereof of the Simon Necronomicon Redeemer
[Necro] Possible Banishings Qryztufre
Necronomicom spellbook ( Image12 ) guest25
50 names of Marduk in Goetia style Grab

CM Library:
Sumerian - Babylonian - Grimoires and other Magickal writings

_-¯-_-¯-_-¯-_-¯-_-¯-_-¯-_-¯-_-¯-_-¯-_

SEARCH (for the topics I skipped/missed)

I did not link them all, most of the ones that are left are mearly mentionings of the book. Though if you are interested in the 50 names you might wanna check out/search fer Kostantinos.

Q

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: Ashnook

You can buy the ritual tools from here: http://www.prisiadieco.com/Necronomicon.htm . I havent ordered anything from them because they are EXTREMLEY EXPENSIVE. Other than that, the only advice I can give you is to either get a jewlery/metal smith to make em OR make them yourself (which will be your cheapest option).

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

While I am NOT trying to start any type of flame-war I think that there is a very important thread over in Satanism that pertains to the Necronomicon, and to Ningishzida in particular.

This is the thread Ningishzidda (m1thr0s)

If you post in it REMEMBER that it is the Satanist board & NOT CM so their views on things may differ (so no flaming). But as I said, it is about one of our beloved Necronomicon Entities so I thought it pertinent that it crosses over to this forum.

If I am out of line in posting this crossover link, please lemme know (and delete this post) though, I think that our input may be beneficial to their cause. And I fer one only RARELY click into that forum, so I can only assume that other Necro/Cthulhu Mythos posters rarely visit as well.

Q

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: I AM

[QUOTE=Qryztufre]While I am NOT trying to start any type of flame-war I think that there is a very important thread over in Satanism that pertains to the Necronomicon, and to Ningishzida in particular.

This is the thread Ningishzidda (m1thr0s)

If you post in it REMEMBER that it is the Satanist board & NOT CM so their views on things may differ (so no flaming). But as I said, it is about one of our beloved Necronomicon Entities so I thought it pertinent that it crosses over to this forum.

If I am out of line in posting this crossover link, please lemme know (and delete this post) though, I think that our input may be beneficial to their cause. And I fer one only RARELY click into that forum, so I can only assume that other Necro/Cthulhu Mythos posters rarely visit as well.

Q

[/QUOTE]

You are not out of line when posting cross-over posts. As long as it relates to the topic being discussed this CM Forum welcomes facts wherever they are.

Humbly, I AM

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: Väkisinkastettu

[QUOTE=techman2985]Hey, I've been practicing magic for six years. I've recently come in contact with the necronomicon. I'm refering to the edition edited by a man named Simon. People have told me different things about the book. Some say that it's fiction. [/QUOTE]

Why is that this thing is so hard for people to understand, I just don't get it. For goat's sake: it is fiction, F-I-C-T-I-O-N, as in FAKE can now everyone see that? All the necronomicons have the same occult powers as the hard back copy of Winnie the pooh.

Here's a single quote that should make it clear for everyone:

â??As for bringing the Necronomicon into objective existenceâ??I wish indeed I had the time and imagination to assist in such a project...but Iâ??m afraid itâ??s a rather large orderâ??especially since the dreaded volume is supposed to run something like a thousand pages! I have â??quotedâ?? from pages as high as 770 or thereabouts. Moreover, one can never produce anything even a tenth as terrible and impressive as one can awesomely hint about. If anyone were to try to write the Necronomicon, it would disappoint all those who have shuddered at cryptic references to it.â?Â

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: I AM

Nobody has said that the Lovecraft creation was real. Only that the Necronomicon by Simon does work. It deals with Sumerian entities that do exist. Before one calls it a fake one should actually work with the book.

This argument has been said before. Now it has been said again. I submit that we should move on.

I AM

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: Lebra

The entities I have evoked from the Simon Necronomicon were the ones I felt the strongest, even stronger than Goetic demons. I think this is because the Necronomicon "speaks to me" more than the Goetia -- I feel more affinity for it, it jives more with the modern personality.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: rhoNIN

I'm making my own. It's long, involved, and difficult... and extremely worthwhile. There's power in the sacrifice that is labor, and a resonance effect if the labor is entirely yours. At least, in my experience.

-rhoNIN

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

[QUOTE=rhoNIN]I'm making my own. It's long, involved, and difficult... and extremely worthwhile. There's power in the sacrifice that is labor, and a resonance effect if the labor is entirely yours. At least, in my experience.

-rhoNIN[/QUOTE]
I'm working on one myself! Maybe when I get a bit further along we can compare notes :)

I've also recently completed my ASCIInomicon which was based more on bordom then infomation exchange...

Q

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: AJAtheMetastasis

[QUOTE=Qryztufre]
I'm working on one myself! Maybe when I get a bit further along we can compare notes :)

I've also recently completed my ASCIInomicon which was based more on bordom then infomation exchange...

Q[/QUOTE]I myself am working on creating my own personal Necronomicon. And yes it is difficult, but also very rewarding. The manuscript is half finished; (2 1/2 years) worth of work. The magick and rituals contained within are VERY powerful and VERY dangerous. They are purposely designed for the Adept. No novice material here! *The Book of Dead Names says it all my friends!* :twisted:

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: Noxlux

ooops, pressed that button just to quickly.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necronomicon

Original post: Redeemer

And in this thread we see, some of the greatest wisdom. One of the first lessons one must learn before he/she even begins to work with the book, has come to life. So there are in fact those that understand, and will succeed. By Anu this is a great day indeed!

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Necronomicon

Post by Occultess »

Occult Forum Archive wrote:Original post: Rin Daemoko
~Behold! Strange and Wonderful Things!~

So I've been speaking with a few people about the Necronomicon -
not about its contents, but about how one feels when they start to
read the book. Two of the people that I've conversed with (and
one who says he knows someone), including myself, has said that
whenever they open the book and try to read it, they're hit with
sudden nausea, sickness, and/or a buzzing/foggy sensation in the
head.

Now, I thought it was just me. So when I shared my experience on
another forum about this, and I had several other people pipe in
"that happened to me too!" then I have to wonder. Although the
book is fiction (I understand there are people who believe otherwise),
it still has a tremendous impact. What is it about this book that could
cause someone to physically feel ill?

*shrug* I didn't feel anything.
Link Removed by Admin - No links in Signature

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Me neither.

Perhaps my not knowing the urban legends behind the book [the one I read being the Simonicon version ] meant I had no expectations and therefore there were no effects?
Just saying.

I recognised a lot of material in the book as being ritual from valid sources,magickally and historically speaking,with a fair sprinkling of innovation and aliberal helping of the LC mythos thrown in.

When you connect it with it's alleged Author,Peter Levenda,which I did,later on,it makes a lot more sense too,especially on rereading. [thumbup]

23 Current.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

Can someone give a quick rundown of the fiction vs non-fiction argument? Has the author ever confirmed/denied its authenticity? Is the author anonymous or unreachable? Is there something other than user experience that suggests it isn't just fanfiction? Are the demons and gods listed within actual real gods that have been believed in before the writing of Lovecraft's books? Is it believed that such a large believe in these "fictional" entities causes them to take form? Have they become new names for old spirits? Does one who uses the Necronomicon acknowledge it as intended to be fictional but still useful as a tool, or some kind of real and serious grimoire? Are the majority of users fans of Lovecraft works, or does it hit people with the same effect even if they've never read anything from Lovecraft?

Hard to find these answered! And the threads linked here aren't showing up right for me.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

And the threads linked here aren't showing up right for me.
Yep.Geocities is gone nowadays.

We have at least one other active topic which references the Simon Nec.I'll link it in a bit and will give my own persprective too.

Busy morning here,lol.More later.

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”