recursive learning of Goetia

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Grab

Inspired by the fascinating imperinomicon thread, I would like to evoke some guys from the Goetia who can teach me more about how to better use the Goetia. I haven't been able to find any demon in the grimoire which seems particularly fitted for this purpose. My guess is that they all know a bit about this, but perhaps there are some with a wealth of suggestions.

Do you have any suggestions which ones I should contact first? Only answers based on experience, please!

/Grab

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: John S. Brackett

[QUOTE=Grab]Inspired by the fascinating imperinomicon thread, I would like to evoke some guys from the Goetia who can teach me more about how to better use the Goetia. I haven't been able to find any demon in the grimoire which seems particularly fitted for this purpose. My guess is that they all know a bit about this, but perhaps there are some with a wealth of suggestions.

Do you have any suggestions which ones I should contact first? Only answers based on experience, please!

/Grab[/QUOTE]
I have a suggestion. It might seem way far out in left field but here goes. Evoke the spirit of Aleister Crowley to teach you about the Goetia. He had a lot of experience with it and edited the Goetia that M. Mathers translated. You can use his Thelemic symbol as his sigil placed inside the triangle and placed around your neck. This might make followers of his organizations mad, but quite frankly if you can do it, Crowley would love it. I have never evoked Mr. Crowley, but hey try it. All that can happen is it won't work. I wouldn't even begin to treat Crowley, if he does appear, as anything less than a magus, and if the evocation does work and you really believe that it is him, I WOULD NOT USE ANY BANISHING RITES ON HIM. Just ask him to please leave when you are satisfied with the amount of information. I would banish if you do not get Mr. Crowley--but be sure, it would definitely not be nice to banish him. Also if you are successful, be ready to decipher a lot of cryptic answers, Crowley was a master in telling the truth but in his own intelligence factor. I would use the Triangle though; Hell I use it when evoking ARCHANGELS.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: LadyHydralisk

If you can successfully evoke one, the question begs asking, what else is needed that cannot be gained through meditation?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Interesting idea. I would guess that the demons knows more about the Goetia than I can dig up within myself, so your response is very fascinating.

How specifically would you meditate to get this information?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Noxlux

[QUOTE=LadyHydralisk]If you can successfully evoke one, the question begs asking, what else is needed that cannot be gained through meditation?[/QUOTE]

Well, to take a couple of examples, say I successfully evoke one to the astral realm, but I donät see it to clearly, or perhaps worse in someways: I do not hear it clearly,

:-) or lets say I know how to evoke to the astral, but wish to learn how to evoke to physical manifestation (so that I may take a photograph, and start selling the first edition of the Goetia with photographic illustrations YEAH! :-))
:-)

or, again more seriously, lets say I am satisfied with my evocations per se, but not with my paycheck, and my goetians operations for an increased paycheck (or whatever material result) fail miserably - which demon do I invoke to teach me how and who to evoke for real material results?

Nox

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Gryzlgreedigutt

[QUOTE=Noxlux]
:-) or lets say I know how to evoke to the astral, but wish to learn how to evoke to physical manifestation (so that I may take a photograph, and start selling the first edition of the Goetia with photographic illustrations YEAH! :-))
Nox[/QUOTE]:-)

Now THATS ambition

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Nicholas777

[QUOTE=Grab]Inspired by the fascinating imperinomicon thread, I would like to evoke some guys from the Goetia who can teach me more about how to better use the Goetia. I haven't been able to find any demon in the grimoire which seems particularly fitted for this purpose. My guess is that they all know a bit about this, but perhaps there are some with a wealth of suggestions.

/Grab[/QUOTE]
I would assume any one of them. the goetia is simply the key to a room. Stop staring at the key and step into the room.

Nicholas

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nicholas777) In fact, I evoked one of them, more or less selected randomly wrt getting hints. I asked a lot about the procedure, and he gave a lot of personal hints, how to improve security and potency of the evocations. Most of it was stuff I've read somewhere sometime in the past and had forgotten, but not ALL of it.

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”