LBRP Variations

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Gryzlgreedigutt

Hello people. This is a sacred thing to those of us that practice it. It is our temple of the Universe! What I hope to see posted are peoples variations on the standard formula. Do you use any different techniques of Vibrating or intoning the God names? How do you visualise the pentagrams? What is your technique for calling the archangels beyond the known instruction? I just hope to pick up and share some tips to expand on this wonderful and holy ritual.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: Ashnook

Mine is pretty standard. All of my pentagrams are dark blue. Thats how I was tought and I still do it like that. Though if you read some of Frater Manjet's posts youll see there are literaly 1000s of ways to preform the ritual with just switching pentagrams, active, passive, etc, etc.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: Frater Manjet

I will start by saying that I only use the passive pentagrams in the LBRP/LIRP. The nature of the element that ecompasses the whole of the ritual as opposed to the active pentagrams in the SBRP/SIRP, opening of ( and by ) Watchtower etc.. where each element is represented in it's own quarter by it's own active pentagram.

Maybe it would help to think of them as passive = general and active = specific.

Passive banishing pentagrams..

The traditional LBRP is most often taught using the earth pentagram. As you have noticed it is traced in all quarters irregardless of the elements attributed to them. If you consider that you are not using the element per se' merely the nature of the element this will help understand why.

Think of the nature of the element as flavoring the whole ritual so to speak. The nature of earth is very resolving, strengthening, positioning etc... So when I use the earth pentagram I am flavoring my LBRP in this regard. The earth pentagram will strengthen, resolve etc.. your circle/aura especially with repeated use. If attention is paid to how earth as an element relates much more can be seen in it's application

Now... what about the other passive pentagrams.

The same holds true since they are passive they are used throughout the whole ritual in each quarter. So we can LBRP ( by earth ), LBRP ( by air ), LBRP ( by water ), LBRP ( by fire ).

I will state that I beleive mastering LBRP by earth prior to exploring the other elements is very beneficial and will provide greater stability for later working.

That being said let us explore breifly some possibilities of the other elements.

If I am having a period where I find my mental faculties are a bit clouded, need to sharpen my wits or maybe I am preparing for a big test etc... I will employ LBRP/LIRP ( by air ).

If I am struggling with an emotional issue or maybe I am blocked creatively on an art peice... I would employ LBRP/LIRP ( by water ).

If I feel lethargic or too hyper etc... I will employ LBRP/LIRP ( by fire ).

These are all very simplistic I know, but I think I have shown the basic concept. I use the various LBRPs depending on what aspect needs balance using the elemental models.

I will not go into depth about the LIRP except that the elemental models apply in the same manner.

Now for more advanced magickians we can add implementation of various tools as well.

I will not go into great depth here save to point to the further layering of meaning within the ritual by means of employing various tools. I think you will get the concept.

The tools would represent the magickians direct influence in the whole ritual.

The Fire Wand could be employed for a LBRP ( by air ), or the Water Cup could be employed for a LBRP ( by fire ).The possibilities are vast indeed.

I hope this helps.

"From Horizon to Horizon in VVV" Fr. Manjet

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: Fr.NovumOrganum

an excellent post, and provides lots of fodder for thought.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: spiritoflove

Hiya Frater...

Can you please explain the "sign of the enterer" as in Donald Kraig's Modern Magick...I don't understand the position and what it does...'

Is it like palms in a fist close to the ears with the index (jupiter) fingers pointing forwards...I suppose like a bull about to charge or an aerial that has fell forwards....I do not know...

Hoping you can enlighten me....

SOL

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

I have never employed Kraig's version so I cannot speak with much authority on it. I have reviewed it however and feel that the bull image you used is apt in describing it.

My "sign of the enterer" is a personal variation. Once again I vary slightly from my orders teachings.

I am unsure how best to describe it. I am receiving a webcam soon. When I do I can use photos to properly explain it.

"Horizon to Horizon" Fr. Manjet VVV

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

[QUOTE=spiritoflove]Hiya Frater...

Can you please explain the "sign of the enterer" as in Donald Kraig's Modern Magick...I don't understand the position and what it does...'

Is it like palms in a fist close to the ears with the index (jupiter) fingers pointing forwards...I suppose like a bull about to charge or an aerial that has fell forwards....I do not know...

SOL[/QUOTE] hello!

you 'may' be confused there. the sign with horns about the head is usually one of the Nox signs.

sign of the enterer (horus) Stand feet together, hands clasped (like in prayer) below the neck, above soalr plexus. feel tense as if you are about to explode. inhale. exhale vibration. step foward w/ right foot. push hands as far foward as they will go. (till head bends a bit). at this point spread hands outward like you are parting a veil (or swimming).

sign of silence (harpocrates) pull foot back to even planted beneath you. stand upright. pull hands back straight, and raise right hand to place your right pointer finger over your mouth (like "Shhhh")

From Liber Aba/ MTP The sign of the enterer is the magickian's active projection of will. The sign of silence is the response of the universe, and the god/magickian's passive reflection/acceptance of that.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Fr. NovumOrganum wrote:you 'may' be confused there. the sign with horns about the head is usually one of the Nox signs.

Interesting... I was not aware of that. Interesting that this is the method Kraig teaches.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Maybe there was some miscommunication in the question...i've misplaced my Modern magick, but its hard to believe Kraig would use the Vir sign from NOX as the sign of the enterer. way way different symbolization there. maybe Kraig just has a bad picture of it. LMD in The Magick of Thelema has actual photographs of the various signs.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: I AM

[QUOTE=Frater Manjet]I will start by saying that I only use the passive pentagrams in the LBRP/LIRP. The nature of the element that ecompasses the whole of the ritual as opposed to the active pentagrams in the SBRP/SIRP, opening of ( and by ) Watchtower etc.. where each element is represented in it's own quarter by it's own active pentagram.

Maybe it would help to think of them as passive = general and active = specific.

Passive banishing pentagrams..

The traditional LBRP is most often taught using the earth pentagram. As you have noticed it is traced in all quarters irregardless of the elements attributed to them. If you consider that you are not using the element per se' merely the nature of the element this will help understand why.

Think of the nature of the element as flavoring the whole ritual so to speak. The nature of earth is very resolving, strengthening, positioning etc... So when I use the earth pentagram I am flavoring my LBRP in this regard. The earth pentagram will strengthen, resolve etc.. your circle/aura especially with repeated use. If attention is paid to how earth as an element relates much more can be seen in it's application

Now... what about the other passive pentagrams.

The same holds true since they are passive they are used throughout the whole ritual in each quarter. So we can LBRP ( by earth ), LBRP ( by air ), LBRP ( by water ), LBRP ( by fire ).

I will state that I beleive mastering LBRP by earth prior to exploring the other elements is very beneficial and will provide greater stability for later working.

That being said let us explore breifly some possibilities of the other elements.

If I am having a period where I find my mental faculties are a bit clouded, need to sharpen my wits or maybe I am preparing for a big test etc... I will employ LBRP/LIRP ( by air ).

If I am struggling with an emotional issue or maybe I am blocked creatively on an art peice... I would employ LBRP/LIRP ( by water ).

If I feel lethargic or too hyper etc... I will employ LBRP/LIRP ( by fire ).

These are all very simplistic I know, but I think I have shown the basic concept. I use the various LBRPs depending on what aspect needs balance using the elemental models.

I will not go into depth about the LIRP except that the elemental models apply in the same manner.

Now for more advanced magickians we can add implementation of various tools as well.

I will not go into great depth here save to point to the further layering of meaning within the ritual by means of employing various tools. I think you will get the concept.

The Fire Wand could be employed for a LBRP ( by air ), or the Water Cup could be employed for a LBRP ( by fire ).The possibilities are vast indeed.

I hope this helps.

"From Horizon to Horizon in VVV" Fr. Manjet[/QUOTE]

This was an awesome post Frater Manjet. I wish all would give as complete an answer in other topics as you have in this topic.

The advanced techniques that Frater Manjet has shared are not commonly found in many discussions about the LBRP. However, they are not only effective but are critical for advanced workings. One can even combine more than two elements in the LBRP. As Frater Manjet indicated the possibilities are limited only by the imagination of the Magickian.

I am going to add one more thing that will seem very cryptic to many. The Points of the Pentagram represent the Elements. The UNION of the Elements creates the Magickian. While this comment may seem a little off the topic of the LBRP it is truly not.

Humbly, I AM

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: Yazan

I agree, your method is very well-thought out, Fr. Manjet.

I noticed your pentagrams are very similar to mine except for fire. To be honest I am still struggling with the whole idea of the 5 sides of the pentagram and thinking seriously of reverting to a Hexagram (which I aso don't feel very comfortable with) or a cross. Or maybe something that I make up.

However, I must say your idea of applying one element to the whole circle has passed my mind befor, when I wondered why the traditional LBRP uses earth all the time. Your logic makes perfect sense. Can you say that you are working with the idea of sub-elements? The element used throughout the circle is the main element, but the direction you cast in determines a sub element. So doing an Air pent in the west banishes the Fire of Air.

I have say though, that as much as I think of elements all the time, I tend to not place too much emphasis on sub-elements.

I assume a "supreme" invoking/banishing ritual will involve doing 4 circles for all 4 elements?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: Grab

[QUOTE=I AM]The advanced techniques that Frater Manjet has shared are not commonly found in many discussions about the LBRP. However, they are not only effective but are critical for advanced workings.[/QUOTE]I would be interested in knowing what "advanced workings" means here. I always just use the standard LBRP for my work, be it elemental creation, demon evocation etc, and it seems to work fine. Would it sometimes for these things (and similar) be better to use the banish-fire instead of earth, for instance?

/Grab

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: spiritoflove

Dear Fraters...

I read that the sign of the enterer, as in Kraigs' book is stated as having hands by the ear with the left foot forwards, then after projecting stepping the left foot back and hence doing the same at each direction...

The thing is because there are so many variations they all must work....I got the image that the sign of the enterer was akin to wearing hear muffs...lol...ie. the hands but with fingers ponting forwards , hands in a fist...but then both hands projected into the pentagram....

In Profound Peace, Love & Light

SOL = SUN = SpiritofLove

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: I AM

[QUOTE=Frater Manjet]I will not go into great depth here save to point to the further layering of meaning within the ritual by means of employing various tools. I think you will get the concept.

I hope this helps.

[QUOTE=I AM]...I am going to add one more thing that will seem very cryptic to many. The Points of the Pentagram represent the Elements. The UNION of the Elements creates the Magickian. While this comment may seem a little off the topic of the LBRP it is truly not.

Humbly, I AM[/QUOTE]

I fear I may have been a little too cryptic with my previous post so I wish to give my fellow Magickians something to contemplate.

What would happen if a ritual that used the element of FIRE and combined it with the WATER CUP were to be FOCUSED through ANOTHER ELEMENT? What would happen if a ritual that used FOUR ELEMENTS were to be FOCUSED through the FIFTH ELEMENT? What would happen if a RITUAL contained ALL the ELEMENTS EQUALLY? These questions, when answered, open up an entire new world for the Magickian.

Understand that it is INTENT that both focuses Elements through each other and allows them to be combined.

Consider also that the UNION of all the Elements is also the BALANCE of all the Elements within the Magickian. From this UNION the Magickian is created. This UNION, once achieved, is the Magickian's to call at will.

The LBRP is FAR more than a BANISHING ritual. Those who consider it only a Banishing Ritual are not worthy of it. This paraphrased from Aleister Crowley.

Humbly, I AM

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: fiat_lux_777

This variation of the sign of the Enterer is as follows - stand upright, hands by the side. As you inhale deeply, raise the hands to the level of the eyes, but by the side of the head, palms to the ground, finger (or fingers) pointing forward. As you exhale step forward with the left foot and shoot the hands straight out at eye level.

Frater Manjet's posts are exceptional, as always. To quote I AM and Crowley -
"Those who regard this ritual as a mere device to invoke or banish spirits are unworthy to posses it. Properly understood, it is the medicine of Metals and the Stone of the Wise.â?Â

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

[QUOTE=Yazan]I agree, your method is very well-thought out, Fr. Manjet.

I noticed your pentagrams are very similar to mine except for fire. To be honest I am still struggling with the whole idea of the 5 sides of the pentagram and thinking seriously of reverting to a Hexagram (which I aso don't feel very comfortable with) or a cross. Or maybe something that I make up.

However, I must say your idea of applying one element to the whole circle has passed my mind befor, when I wondered why the traditional LBRP uses earth all the time. Your logic makes perfect sense. Can you say that you are working with the idea of sub-elements? The element used throughout the circle is the main element, but the direction you cast in determines a sub element. So doing an Air pent in the west banishes the Fire of Air.

I have say though, that as much as I think of elements all the time, I tend to not place too much emphasis on sub-elements.

I assume a "supreme" invoking/banishing ritual will involve doing 4 circles for all 4 elements?
[/QUOTE]First in reply to the validity of the Pentagram I would highly suggest the link posted by Fiat Lux 777.

In response to the aspect of sub-elements this is not the case here. I can however see how this could be interpreted as such. I will attempt to explain.

The passive ( or non-distinct ) elemental pentagrams are as of putting a bias or spin on the ritual as a whole. When I choose the passive element to use I am biasing the ritual in relation to the nature of element chosen ( not the element itself ).

Each quarter in turn is then banished of it's respective element relative to this bias.

The gesture, tool or implement represents the direct influence of the magickian.

I hope this reveals the "layering" of elemental association. Each aspect is unique to itself yet work in harmony of the whole.

The SIRP/SBRP: The SIRP needs only one pass for it employs the "active" or distinct pentagrams of each element in their respective quarters, i.e. Air in the East, Fire in the South, Water in the West and Earth in the North. In more than this way it differs greatly from the LIRP/LBRP.

The SIRP, Opening of the Watchtowers and Regardie's "Opening by Watchtower" are variations along similar lines. The focus here is on each individual element in turn and then balanced as a whole. These are much more formal operations, that have far more to them than I can do them justice here at this time. I am only concerned with holding them in contrast regarding the use of active and passive pentagrams.

I hope this helps...

"Horizon to Horizon in the Barque of RA and VVV", Fr. Manjet

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Whoa! Lotsa great stuff so far. Food for thought that i crave. I wanted to start a thread about all the different ways there are to perform the LBRP just to show people that this is NOT just a "simple" banishing. if you are approaching it with that mentality so be it but youre really missing out on what I consider a Holy and Beautiful thing by treating yourself like a temple. All too often i read eager beaver newb posts that are inevitably "I want to direct the forces of nature: whats the minimum I need to do?" Don't scoff at people who tell you the LBRP is the shiz-nit cuz it is. Anyway, In the archangel evocation I sometimes see a full size blazing Angel and sometimes see only a hint of the elemental color of that direction. Sometimes they have even given me advice. What is your experience with the evocation portion? How do you approach it?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: Nero

[QUOTE=Frater Manjet]

I hope this helps.

Frater have you ever read any of Pat's comments on the tools? The methodology you outline is more in line with Regardie's and the Cicero's method of tool use. Pat claims the GD uses of the tools were more mundane. Mainly stating their use was more important than any sorta elemental association. Example, you could always use the fire wand (yod) for invoking without any sort of fire layering added. I tend to agree more with Regardie but Pat has some valid idea's.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Ave brother Nero,

..I am familiar with Zelewski's application of the tools and I find myself drawing from both schools of thought. I apply more than mere elemental aspects of the wand, dagger, cup and pantacle, but more in line with my own associations.

..I am still exploring some of the aspects Pat mentioned. My application seems similar even if the associations employed differ somewhat.

edit: I will add that my use of the tools beyond the mere elemental aspects has been a part of my working before I read any of Pat's posts regarding such applications.

Pax et LVX from Horizon to Horizon, Fr. Manjet VVV

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

I agree. I feel your intent in the ritual is far more important than what you do or use in the ritual.

i.e. you can achieve a great fire-air combo using the fire wand to invoke but you could also just invoke air using a fire wand if that is your intent. These are my own idea's and work well in my ritual work but it may be too fine a point for some people.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

In the LBRP/LIRP I acheive tha majority of such elemental layering via the different pentagrams as I stated earlier. The tools are more indicitive of my intent and direct influence.

Discussing much more in regards to other rituals is beyond the scope of this thread. Maybe we should start another topic on the uses of the various tools? That would encompass a greater range of discussion.

"From Horizon to Horizon" Fr. Manjet VVV

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

[QUOTE=spiritoflove]Hiya Frater...

SOL[/QUOTE]
I do not recall Kraig discussing the signs but it has been some time since I picked up MM. Fr.NovumOrganum discriptions are much like Crowley's version of the signs. I believe that Crowley outlines these in Magick In Theory and Practice but I am not sure. There is nothing wrong with these versions but I figured I would discribe the more traditional GD or Cicero method.

Sign of Enterer: Pull your hands up to the sides of your head by your ears. As you inhale reach up into Kether. Snap your hands down so they are on either side of your temples next to your eyes. Exhale while stepping forward with your left foot and shoot your hands out so you are looking between your thumbs.
(mostly used to project power. Notice you are projecting from endless Kether and not yourself.)

Sign of Silence: Step back with your left foot bringing your left foot next to your right, stamp your left foot down as you do this. Bring your left forfinger up to the bottum on your lower lip while bringing your right arm down to align with your body.
(mostly as protection, it will keep the projected power from coming back at yourself. There are other uses though...)

The Sign of the Enterer should always be answeared with the Sign of Silence. To not do so will cause problems.

There are more advanced and powerful forms of these. (mostly with visualization) but I will not go into those here.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

[QUOTE=Gryzlgreedigutt]Hello people. This is a sacred thing to those of us that practice it. It is our temple of the Universe! What I hope to see posted are peoples variations on the standard formula. Do you use any different techniques of Vibrating or intoning the God names? How do you visualise the pentagrams? What is your technique for calling the archangels beyond the known instruction? I just hope to pick up and share some tips to expand on this wonderful and holy ritual.[/QUOTE]
To keep in line with the point of the thread I will try and answear this. Keep in mind these are my variations and may not mean much to others. Often I believe I "created" something new to find that many others do this as well, just some thoughts.

I believe that when we draw a pentagram in the LBRP we are declairing out "right" to banish or invoke this element. We further show this right by charging the pentagram with the god name. In this vain I often see a ball of light in the center of each pentagram. As I vibrate each god name I "write" the god name upon the ball and this is the power center of each pentagram where the way I drew it was my intent. Try it and see how it works for you. You can experement more with it by writing the names in hebrew or using other symbols in the balls such as the elemental tools, etc.

Along the same lines try experementing with the archangles. After awhile you may see that you are invoking them to protect your circle as well as invoking that aspect inside yourself. Maybe this is an odd idea but lately as I come to that part of the LBRP as I call each archangel I see and feel myself in two places at once. I am the archangel and the archangel is me, if that makes any sense.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Original post: hitman777

[QUOTE=Nero]I do not recall Kraig discussing the signs but it has been some time since I picked up MM. Fr.NovumOrganum discriptions are much like Crowley's version of the signs. I believe that Crowley outlines these in Magick In Theory and Practice but I am not sure. There is nothing wrong with these versions but I figured I would discribe the more traditional GD or Cicero method.

Sign of Enterer: Pull your hands up to the sides of your head by your ears. As you inhale reach up into Kether. Snap your hands down so they are on either side of your temples next to your eyes. Exhale while stepping forward with your left foot and shoot your hands out so you are looking between your thumbs.
(mostly used to project power. Notice you are projecting from endless Kether and not yourself.)

Sign of Silence: Step back with your left foot bringing your left foot next to your right, stamp your left foot down as you do this. Bring your left forfinger up to the bottum on your lower lip while bringing your right arm down to align with your body.
(mostly as protection, it will keep the projected power from coming back at yourself. There are other uses though...)

The Sign of the Enterer should always be answeared with the Sign of Silence. To not do so will cause problems.

There are more advanced and powerful forms of these. (mostly with visualization) but I will not go into those here.[/QUOTE]You are correct. Kraig doesn't really get to into the signs. To be honest with you, I went years without using anybody's signs in ritual. I am starting to look beyond th efficacy of my worldy based rituals (rituals designed t ohave an effect upon the world) but most of my workings now, at least at this point, end up simpler in "context" than I had planned them. I'm liking it, but trying not to get too attached, because you never know how things are going to shift this way or that way.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LBRP Variations

Interesting Nero. This thread has become a sort of obtuse elemental discussion I'd sure like to see more posts like Neros'. Its fascinating to me that no matter how many times I do it it is different every time. It continues to expand my mind every time. Interesting you Invoke the archangels rather then evoke them. I take the concept of evocation very seriously and I have interacted with the angels and learned things from them. Sometimes I only see an elemental color, Sometimes I see them as versions of myself and sometimes I see Full Blown massive angelic entities surrounding me. On those occasions the energy is through the roof however. Inflame thyself with prayer, indeed! Keep the posts cumin folks. Sometimes its the little things we do that can answer the big questions and the possibilities in this ritual are endless.

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”