Saint Germain on Alchemy

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Saint Germain on Alchemy

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Hairetikos

I'm currently reading this book. It's a pretty interesting read. It's supposedly authored by Saint Germain. The people who purportedly recieved the text are Elizabeth and Mark Prophet. Here's a link to their website.

Has anybody else read this book? Any thoughts or experiences you'd like to share?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Saint Germain on Alchemy

Original post: Caradoc

I haven't read the book but have been put off the writers as I had a similar experience to an Amazon reviewer when reading others of her books. The review goes like this:
Despite the enthusiastic blurb by Prophet's followers, this does not read like a well-written detective novel. It is actually a compilation of evidence, which could have been far more helpfully presented by a better writer. Elizabeth Prophet actually only writes the first and last sections of the book, and her style makes the whole very disjointed. The facts themselves are fascinating, the photographs especially surely deserve a different format of book? What really made me lose support was the way the author concludes with ideas, unrelated to the content of the book, leading towards support of her own organisation: in case you don't already know she is the founder of a multi-million dollar cult and something which could have been helpful to furthering human knowledge has been hijacked for the promotion of the cult. She overshadows the amazing subject matter with promotion of her own uninspiring self-interest.

There is always the message of her cult, to use a term from the quote, and that detracts from the actual work. I want to read hard facts and draw my own conclusions, not be spoon-fed her dogma. Maybe the works are important but the way they are presented, as a recruitment pitch, destroys any value they might have had. She starts with a theory and then looks for facts to back it up, and that's just the wrong way round... but maybe that's just me.

Saint Germain is an interesting character and I would love to hear your thoughts on the book in question if you would care to post them. Although I have had no joy from previous Prophet titles, I wouldn't rule out buying this book... does that mean I'm open-minded or just a mug :lol:

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Saint Germain on Alchemy

Original post: Hairetikos

Sorry about how long it's taken me to respond to this. But, I wanted to get a little further in the book before I made any comments on it.

First off, I'm not gonna make any claims as to whether it's really authored by Saint Germain. I have no way of discerning this. Anyone who's interested can buy the book and decide for themselves.

Okay. To give you a small taste of the type of alchemy dealt with in the book, here's an excerpt from one of its chapters:
Man must enter into a pact of universal trust based on his own inner commitment to the grace of God that will not prohibit him from exercising the power of the living Word to emulate the Masters, to emulate the Only Begotten of the Father, to emulate the Spirit of comfort and truth. And when he does, he will find opening to his consciousness a new method of cleansing his soul by the power of the Lord's Spirit.
And...
By incorrect attitudes, men have kept themselves from the kingdom of heaven. They have sought through magic and, unfortunately, even through witchcraft to win for themselves that which could be obtained on a permanent basis only by willing submission to the will of God, to his intents and his purposes.
The second excerpt seems pretty closed minded to me. I have a hard time imagining an immortal who's discriminative against witchcraft and magic. Also, the emphasis on complete submission to God, which is abundant throughout the book, makes me a little weary.

Another thing that really stood out to me was that the author claims that both Francis Bacon and Christopher Columbus were really Saint Germain. A bit odd, I thought.

It seems to veer off from the subject of alchemy in certain parts, too. For instance, a whole section of the book is dedicated to "the mystical origins of the United States of America." And it seems to me that plenty of liberties are taken here. For instance, the author claims that America is the spiritual reincarnation of Atlantis, among other things regarding a divine plan for the U.S.

To wrap it up, this book is very reminiscent of other systems that deal with attaining what's generally referred to as Christ Consciousness. It emphasizes a connectivity and acceptance of the Christian God into your life. Etc.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Saint Germain on Alchemy

Original post: Caradoc

Thanks for the information and the time you took to make sure you had something worth saying :)

I understand that the author will interpret things from their own point of view, I have Isabel Cooper-Oakley's Compte De St. Germain and it's very much in keeping with Theosophical Society writings, but the Francis Bacon and Christopher Columbus thing just sounds too far a stretch. For one thing those people both died ;)

I'll read anything else on this topic if you find anything worth posting but I think I might give the book itself a miss.

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”