Enochian Magic

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Enochian Magic

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: JRJ26

Does anyone work with Enochian magic? What have been your experiences with it? As I am beginning ceremonial magic, I am more interested in working with angelic beings. Are there any other systems that work with angelic beings? I've heard that Enochian magic is complicated. Also, what books do you recommend to introduce me to the working of it, not just history. I found Enochian Magic for Beginners by Tyson at the local Borders. I'm tempted to add that to my library. Has anyone read it? Is it good? Thanks for any info about this practice.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Enochian Magic

Original post: Frater Manjet

As far as beginners books on Enochian magick... sadly there is no such creature. I would strongly suggest avoiding Tyson.

I worked this current exclusively for over 13 years before I officialy joined the G.'.D.'. .

Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

"Laiad Holq Ta Napea" Om A Piap (210/3)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Enochian Magic

Original post: kirk88

Actually there are pretty advanced books in enochian magick they just cost a lot of money and they are pretty hard to find...:grin:

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Enochian Magic

Original post: Hoor-paar-Kraat

Though I've never read any of Tyson's work I constantly hear him being bashed.

What is it that you all seem to find so very unappealing about him?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Enochian Magic

Original post: Ekron

I have Tyson's book which is fine if you wish to research the subject but take parts of it with a 'pinch of salt'.

Other books I've found useful are:

The Heptarchia Mystica, which deals with the planetary angels (angels of the bonorum, the table of the 49 'good' angels). This system was revealed to Dee and Kelly before the Watchtowers.

The Five Books of Mystical Exercises of Dr. John Dee, Dee's original Enochian system. Can be hard to follow at times.

The Enochian Evocation of Dr. John Dee, ed. by Geoffrey James. IMO should be in every ones collection of Enochia.

Golden Dawn Enochian Magic by Pat Zalewski, very advanced system but worth having if only for cross referencing. Particularly once you feel confident enough to start formulating your own system.

Enochian Magic, A Practical Manuel, by Gerald and Betty Schueler, excellent for pronunciations if nothing else.

The Complete Enochian Dictionary by Donald Laycock. Dictionaries whatever they may be are always useful.

Perhaps one day Frater Manjet may write a book on his personal Enochian SystemImage .

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Enochian Magic

Original post: kirk88

Exactly, Enochian Evocation is a must have! :grin:

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Enochian Magic

Original post: Frater Manjet

I am hesitant to speak too harshly in regards to Tyson's work. I will say that I find his conclusions questionable and leave it at that.

As to publishing I have had a few offers and am seriously considering it.

note: To all of you who have been PM'ing me. I will be replying; but I am very busy on a current series of operations.

"Laiad Holq Ta Napea" Om A Piap (210/3)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Enochian Magic

Original post: Ekron

[QUOTE=Frater Manjet]
As to publishing I have had a few offers and am seriously considering it.

[/QUOTE]At last and in the fullness of time I'll have a signed copy pleaseImage.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Enochian Magic

Original post: Bazaapodeh

what about The Enochian Workbook ,?. i have had it foir a few years now, and only recently atsrted to try my hand at this again , and is such a thing as using Enochian as a foundation in magick a realistic, or even a sane thing to do, and what about the comments by that Samael Aun Weor, that the beings were evil, ...maybe we should just take the word angel from this, and say beings .?... are there any physical benefits to be had by practicing this system .?. ..
thanks

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”