Summoning?

senobi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Summoning?

Post by senobi »

hi, im quite new to magick and i have a few questions. i dont know if this is the right place to post them but all the different stuff on this forum cinda confuses me. im sorry if this is the wrong place.

First a question about summoning. Is it possible for two people to evoke a deamon from the goethia together ? im currently reading the lesser key of salomon, but its heavy stuff and i will probably have to study it for a hvile
At the time i am way to scared by the whole consept of deamos to try anything by myself and would like to do it with somone i thrust.
Should i be afraid? I have always thinked of deamons as entirely evil beings and only recently dicovered that aint the case.
If evoking only is possible alone is there any kind of ceremonial magick, i could do together with my girlfriend? Im not looking for anything big, just some everyday practical magick. if there is somthing like "everyday magick" anyway.

please excuse my languge but im writing this late at night and my english is not the best.

Any help would be appreciated [smile]

Etar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Summoning?

Post by Etar »

If you're new to magick, then evocation is neither doable nor safe.

Read this topic:
http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... =8&t=33425

Also, read many books. Lévi, Bardon, Regardie, the usual stuff.

93 93/93

jthorp
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by jthorp »

Etar is right, if you want to go the ceremonial magic way - but if you are new to magic, "summoning" is NOT advised until you can dutifully practice some form of meditation and visualization techniques EVERY day, have control over your thoughts about Daemons (drop the 'evil' crap), can perform basic rituals of opening and closing, align chakras regularly, study vigorously, and finally, follow good advice from those who know about Daemons.

This is just a really basic process - much more is involved. You can try to "summon" Daemons all you want, but you can get your arse kicked hard if you mess with Daemons without devotion to some self discipline. I practice Daemonolatry, that's a whole different ball of yarn.
Blog: http://www.necrosophy.org
Personal Blog: http://necrosophy.tumblr.com

Q789
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Q789 »

J you forgot studying the kabala.

I also suggest you get the basics of Carl Jung. This will give you an intellectual understanding of what invokation/evokation is.Not to mention a basics understanding of the purpose of magick itself.
I am not sure about just how dangerous it would be though. Perhaps the person would just not 'pick up ' on the results. In theory at least all evokations should work. However, from my experience you don't always notice any changes in consciousness afterwards- this of course you will get more sensitive with experience.

senobi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by senobi »

Thank you for the help, but could anyone list some of the books i should start with [smile] ?

Etar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Etar »

Eliphas Lévi's La Clef des Grands Mystères (The Key to the Great Mysteries), Dogme et Rituel de la Haute Magie (Transcendental Magic, its Doctrine and Ritual) and everything else by him. Israel Regardie's A Garden of Pomegranates, The Art of True Healing and everything else by him. Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics and everything else by him. You get the ideia. You might want to wait a while before reading more complicated stuff, so I didn't mention Crowley. Though at this point I don't have an exact notion of what is complicated and what isn't. So, do what feels better for you.

senobi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by senobi »

Thanky you for the answear, i will start reading straight away [thumbup]

jthorp
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by jthorp »

Q789 wrote:J you forgot studying the kabala.

I also suggest you get the basics of Carl Jung. This will give you an intellectual understanding of what invokation/evokation is.Not to mention a basics understanding of the purpose of magick itself.
I am not sure about just how dangerous it would be though. Perhaps the person would just not 'pick up ' on the results. In theory at least all evokations should work. However, from my experience you don't always notice any changes in consciousness afterwards- this of course you will get more sensitive with experience.
I never cared much to study the Kaballah. To me, it has nothing to do with Daemons. If it has no use for me I don't use it, but I do think it is beneficial for study. Especially for the more ceremonial type magicians. My practice is shamanic rather than esoteric.
Blog: http://www.necrosophy.org
Personal Blog: http://necrosophy.tumblr.com

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”