Working with the Goetia in a coven setting?

Infernalshadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

Working with the Goetia in a coven setting?

Post by Infernalshadows »

Hey there, I am in a coven (we have around 6 people). We actually brought up the Goetia to start working with, but we are kind of stuck on the way to properly conjure up the Daemons. In the Legemeton and such it is written for 1 person and 1 person only (or so it seems), so I am trying to find a way to see if I can summon the Daemon with 5 or more people.

If I were to do this would only one person be able to ask something of the Daemon, or would every person get a chance to speak with the Daemon that is conjured?

Also, when reading the conjuration would everyone have to read the conjuration(or at least a part) or would it be fine if only one of the people read it? If only one person read it and summoned it would the others be able to ask something of the Daemon? (That probably sounds repetitive I know :) )

Anyways, I am just having some concerns. I am going to make the circle actually have 5 places in the middle instead of 1 place so that way everyone could be protected.

We are not a Satanist coven, so we will not be trusting the Daemon. We will be using a majority of the tools listed in the Goetia and will be using it almost to the letter. :)

So can anyone help me out with this predicament?

Thanks!!!

-Infernal [devil]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Working with the Goetia in a coven setting?

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

The Ars Goetia is designed for one person, acting alone, not an entire coven of people acting together. If I was you I'd nominate one person to act as the magister and the rest to just keep out of the way, preferably in a second magical circle. The Lesser Key of Solomon isnt really something you mess around with, and as a paradigm it's very unforgiving.

Bokor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Bokor »

Check out this book for ideas. Its called Summoning Spirits, it deals some with the Goetta and evocation in a group setting. http://www.amazon.com/Summoning-Spirits ... ng+spirits

aja
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by aja »

There's a good book called Modern Magic. In it,he say one person summons other scrys in a magic mirror in the traigle.

Orbweaver
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Orbweaver »

Case wrote:The Ars Goetia is designed for one person, acting alone, not an entire coven of people acting together. If I was you I'd nominate one person to act as the magister and the rest to just keep out of the way, preferably in a second magical circle. The Lesser Key of Solomon isnt really something you mess around with, and as a paradigm it's very unforgiving.
you note that it is quite dangerous and unforgiving, would you mind giving me some information on your experiences in this and their effectiveness?
I've been considering summoning from "The Ars Goetia" to assist me in a couple debilitating aspects of my health, as well as function as an extension and manifestation of will.

P.S.- I have severe asthma and am blind in one eye. this would be my first experience in demon summoning, as i've only worked with neutral or benevolent summoned spirits before.

Commander_Chaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Commander_Chaos »

You can summon a demon into a circle but what about all of his buddies??? Just throwin that out there.

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”