Theurgia-Goetia Summoning

Simon_HG
Forum Member
Forum Member

Theurgia-Goetia Summoning

Post by Simon_HG »

Hi I'm pretty new to the goetia and wanted to start out with the Theurgia-Goetia first. Does any one have experience with them and do you need to perform the same protection spell (bornless one) before hand? Do you need to where the ring of Solomon and so forth ? What kind of circle do you have to employ?
The wording at the end of the book for calling the spirits seems a little cryptic, some help would be great or if someone has a quick cheat sheet with modern english that would be great.

-S

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Theurgia-Goetia Summoning

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Yes, you need all the props, even if theyre made from cardboard and gold paint - the Lesser Key is one of those paradigms that you really need to follow to the letter. Yes - you need protection unless you want to be mentally raped by a demon, which I'm guessing isnt part of the plan. As for the circles et al, there is plenty of Lesser Key material out there on the internet, and it shouldnt be too hard to find a detailed copy of the triangle and circle which you could mock up. As for the Calling of the Spirits; try to use the original, not a modernised form. You should also be able to find that online too. I would link you to a source, but I think it would benefit you if you do the work yourself.

Take your time with this paradigm - plan meticulously and prepare in advance, its not a paradigm you can do 'on the fly'. [grin]

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”