Great LBRP experience (and a couple of newbie questions)

Akairyuu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Great LBRP experience (and a couple of newbie questions)

Post by Akairyuu »

Hello everyone :)

Just thought I'd share a really great experience that I had from a LBRP that I did this morning :)

I had recently started to learn how to do the LBRP by myself within the past week but the first few days doing it, though it felt nice, nothing spectacular happened apart from my visualisation skills improving slightly. I then decided to take a two or three day break from it before I came back to it this morning and fully committed myself to it and afterwards, I felt amazing!

When I was doing the ritual, I made sure to try my hardest to not make any mistakes and I didn't make one this time (That's a first as I had made the odd silly mistake before :)). I could visualise the pentagrams, ring and light easier as a ball of bright light above my head, and I could see and feel each angel (Although I need to practice the Sign of Horus as I find that a bit tricky and lose my balance easily; have improved though :)). After the ritual when I sat back down on the settee, I was suddenly in this really weird state of mind. It was as though I was kind of seeing the real world and a kind of empty black void with stars at the same time. I could also still feel and see Raphael, Gabriel, Michael and Uriel around me; my mind also shifted to seeing what looked like me inside a white hamster ball lol. It was as though the LBRP just woke up my mind and I was in a kind of happy, peaceful limbo lol. Any of you felt like this before?

Definitely my best LBRP experience so far :)

Oh and I also have a couple of newbie questions to ask. I was wondering what sort of approach I would take in adding other rituals to my collection just so I know what sort of direction I should take. I know there are others such as RC, MP, LIRP, SBRP, SIRP, LBRP, LIRH, SBRH and the SIRH, and I was wondering what would be the best order for me to learn each ritual and how much time I should spend on each before moving onto the next. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Great LBRP experience (and a couple of newbie questions)

Post by Rin »

Nice one :)

I'd say wait a few months, then start doing the Middle Pillar.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Akairyuu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Akairyuu »

OK, thanks :)

I just thought I'd update to say that I have started seeing white sparkles or stars after doing the LBRP and what looks like thin, white line of light; like a spiderweb shining in the sun. Is this a common with the LBRP?

Also last night right after I did my LBRP, I saw like this white film/mist all around me and what looked like a blurry purple Sphere; things are getting interesting methinks :)

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

Also last night right after I did my LBRP, I saw like this white film/mist all around me and what looked like a blurry purple Sphere; things are getting interesting methinks :)
Did you make a banishing circle around you during the ritual? If so that might be the energy vail you raised with your circle, at least that is what my literature says. Anyway, I would be careful after or during a ritual what I would describe as "seeing" and "imagening". Imho it is important to differentiate as beeing aware of such stuff is mostly limited to a small space. Imagening not in a bad way that you just fantasize it but that it is just on a very limited awareness horizon (what a fancy description of mine....).

Hope this is helpful

Ramscha
bye bye

Rooftop
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rooftop »

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 90#p463913

Including visuals from this thread into the L.B.R.P. when invoking the angels has been profound. You may enjoy it as well.

Akairyuu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Akairyuu »

I think I know what you're getting at when recognising whether something is a part of my imagination or that I am actually seeing it. I have had problems with this before when remote viewing where your imagination tries to fill in the gaps to what you actually see. The mist (The energy veil makes sense as I was casting a banishing circle) however was something that I saw with my own eyes; it was actually almost as if I was looking at an aura (I have been able to see auras since I was a child/eartly teen). But I will definitely keep your advice in mind for the future.

Thanks for that link, Rooftop. I just tried a little bit of that exercise just now and it was a lovely meditation, it will certainly help with my lbrp and my sleep :) I'll try it properly tonight when I'm in bed :)

Funny, when I'm visualising the angels as I call them, I tend to focus on the objects/elements that are associated with them rather than a personification of the angels themselves... For example, when I call Raphael, I feel wind; Gabriel, I imagine a bowl of water; Michael, a desert/ Hot, red sun; and Uriel, a pentacle. Guess it's just the way my mind works.

Rooftop
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rooftop »

[thumbup] I'm glad you liked it. When you do start including the middle Pillar if you're feeling focused enough afterword, maybe try a little Trataka Yoga http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1991/cm ... atak.shtml It gets crazy fun when your vision blanks out. First time it happened to me I got scared lol [tongue]

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

You'll definitely enjoy the Middle Pillar Ritual once you get to it. You think the LBRP is mind-blowing and awesome? Ha! Middle Pillar will get you drunk off of God. Believe me.

Although, I disagree that you need to wait a month after learning the LBRP to move on. Just go now! You are ready. The Middle Pillar Ritual isn't such an advanced technique from the LBRP that you'd need to wait a large amount of time. I think I waited a total of a week.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Azrael wrote:You'll definitely enjoy the Middle Pillar Ritual once you get to it. You think the LBRP is mind-blowing and awesome? Ha! Middle Pillar will get you drunk off of God. Believe me.

Although, I disagree that you need to wait a month after learning the LBRP to move on. Just go now! You are ready. The Middle Pillar Ritual isn't such an advanced technique from the LBRP that you'd need to wait a large amount of time. I think I waited a total of a week.
The problem is that a lot of people have energetic blockages in their body, and commencing the MP without first undoing those blockages (either through the LBRP or some other method) is just going to set them back in their development, not to mention being extremely uncomfortable and quite likely to cause long term health issues which will require more effort to undo. It's not a question of the MP being an 'advanced' exercise, but of whether someones body is ready to be flooded with that much energy.
is like a block of wood

- DDJ, Verse 27

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

Rin wrote:
The problem is that a lot of people have energetic blockages in their body, and commencing the MP without first undoing those blockages (either through the LBRP or some other method) is just going to set them back in their development, not to mention being extremely uncomfortable and quite likely to cause long term health issues which will require more effort to undo. It's not a question of the MP being an 'advanced' exercise, but of whether someones body is ready to be flooded with that much energy.
Eh, fair enough. Although, what it comes down to is whether or not you actually believe that disrupting these blockages will cause serious damage.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Azrael wrote:
Rin wrote:
Eh, fair enough. Although, what it comes down to is whether or not you actually believe that disrupting these blockages will cause serious damage.
I don't know about 'serious' damage, but ignoring them can certainly compound the issue, as I found out personally. I had to stop doing the MP entirely because the energy blockages in my legs meant I would last 3 or 4 minutes before it felt like the lower half of my body had been immersed in a tank of prehistoric sized mosquitos. What started out as a slight discomfort became agonizing to the point where I could no longer continue with the ritual because it was so distracting and painful, and it took months of work with qi gong and other practices to start undoing it and addressing the underlying blockages.

On the bright side, it certainly cleared up any questions about whether this 'energy' and 'spiritual body' stuff was all in my head :p

Generally speaking, I think slow and steady wins the race when it comes to magic and spirituality. You won't do yourself any real harm by playing it safe for a couple months and making sure you've thoroughly cleansed your energetic body before taking up more intensive practices, but you can absolutely do harm by rushing ahead.
is like a block of wood

- DDJ, Verse 27

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

Rin wrote:
I don't know about 'serious' damage, but ignoring them can certainly compound the issue, as I found out personally. I had to stop doing the MP entirely because the energy blockages in my legs meant I would last 3 or 4 minutes before it felt like the lower half of my body had been immersed in a tank of prehistoric sized mosquitos. What started out as a slight discomfort became agonizing to the point where I could no longer continue with the ritual because it was so distracting and painful, and it took months of work with qi gong and other practices to start undoing it and addressing the underlying blockages.

On the bright side, it certainly cleared up any questions about whether this 'energy' and 'spiritual body' stuff was all in my head :p

Generally speaking, I think slow and steady wins the race when it comes to magic and spirituality. You won't do yourself any real harm by playing it safe for a couple months and making sure you've thoroughly cleansed your energetic body before taking up more intensive practices, but you can absolutely do harm by rushing ahead.
Interesting story. Never heard of something like this simply from moving ahead too fast. Surely it puts the Golden Dawn's "realistic lengths of time" in between rituals to some logic. Although, I wonder, perhaps this wasn't the working of moving too fast? Maybe it was just your bodies initial reaction to the ritual, and it needed to be fixed. I'd be curious to know how you drew your conclusions? Did somebody help you or did you use research for example?

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Interesting story. Never heard of something like this simply from moving ahead too fast. Surely it puts the Golden Dawn's "realistic lengths of time" in between rituals to some logic. Although, I wonder, perhaps this wasn't the working of moving too fast? Maybe it was just your bodies initial reaction to the ritual, and it needed to be fixed. I'd be curious to know how you drew your conclusions? Did somebody help you or did you use research for example?
Well I don't think it was initially caused by going ahead with the MP too quickly, the blockage was already there I believe, going off of my experiences, but the Middle Pillar definitely made it far worse, which wouldn't have been an issue if I'd been patient and let the LBRP clear it out first as it's supposed to. So for someone who doesn't have any blockages, I guess going ahead with the MP wouldn't cause the same problems (although it might cause others, especially as someone at that stage would have no way of knowing what problems they could have within their energy body, and the average person is going to have some kind of blockage or weakness somewhere, even if it's at a deeper level which they can't overtly feel), but it seems better to take things slow and steady and give the LBRP time to cleanse and strengthen to energetic body. Regardie says the same thing:
It is my confirmed belief that several weeks at the very least of patient application to the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram should precede any effort to perform the Middle Pillar. For one thing, it will have trained the student in several little tricks of routine and magical technique quite apart from the intrinsic virtues of the exercise, which is to purify and cleanse the entire sphere of personality to the end that the higher self may manifest through a purified body and mind.

It will be realized how necessary analysis is as a preliminary rou tine to magic. The student should have arrived at a fair understand ing of himself, his motives, and the mechanism of his mind, and integrated himself more or less thoroughly so that no dissociation or serious neurosis exists within the psyche. For the presence of a powerful complex of associated ideas in the unconscious, or a marked dissociation splitting off one part of the psyche from the other, will have the effect of short-circuiting the flow of energy generated or released by the Middle Pillar. An explosion in the form of a complete nervous breakdown, or even of the destruction of mental stability, will be a likely result. Many instances have been known of unprepared students contracting fatal physical illnesses through attempting work of this nature, though this is more true where Eastern exercises have been unwisely attempted. Some of these unfortunates, when the dis sociation was rendered complete, have succumbed to chronic melancholia or taken their own lives. These warnings are not intended to be portentous or terrifying, but only to impress upon the student the solemnity of these undertakings, a journey of self-conquest than which nothing could compare in importance or seriousness.
And likewise, in the training of the Golden Dawn and similar orders that these rituals originate from, aspirants would spend several months at least mastering each ritual before moving onto the next. They didn't do this for no reason, or to arbitrarily slow down the development of their students, but because this method was the safest and most effective way of progressing through those stages of psycho-spiritual development. I know how frustrating it is when you want to move forward and experiment with new practices, but there's nothing to be lost and everything to be gained by being slow, steady and thorough. Magic is the work of a lifetime (if not more), taking a few months to build a steady foundation isn't much in the scheme of things.
is like a block of wood

- DDJ, Verse 27

Akairyuu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Akairyuu »

Thank you for your interesting and useful comments and advice :).

I don't yet feel ready to learn the MP though I have been reading up on it. I think I'm going to wait until I feel as though I have mastered the LBRP and that I feel more grounded with more balanced chakras. I am working on a planned chakra journey where I am spending three days on one chakra before adding on the next one, along with the LBRP and I don't want to do too much at once.

I know it's a slow progress but I feel as though I am improving all the time (Lately I have felt a great movement of energy when I do the signs of horuses; before I have always felt I held back a lot of energy). Plus, I have a lot of other practices that I do to keep me occupied; I cast spells, and am currently reading about alchemy (a lot of the stuff I find really interesting with being a science student in real life) and learning about herbs :).

Akairyuu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Akairyuu »

Hello people, I just thought I'd update you on how I've been getting on :).

So far the LBRPs have been going well and I'm getting to the point where I can do the procedure semi-automatically without any mistakes :) I have to admit though, the visualisations had been a little weak for a while though where I worked more with my feelings. I have however improved within the last couple of days with some really good visualisations of the light, pentagrams, angels and shield (I also visualise a pentagram creating a never-ending tunnel when I do the Signs of Horus) :). Last night was definitely the best one so far though where I just felt I was in a void of space while doing the LBRP; it felt awesome afterwards too and I felt generally safe and protected too :)

I also added on a little bit where I had herd of people doing the Sign of Osiris Risen (Where you have your arms crossed over your chest) when you say "And within me shines he six-rayed star". I have tried this and really like it because I feel like I'm going inside myself (Microcosm).

Anyway, that's my little update and thanks for reading. Feel free to comment if you want to :)

Edit: Ah. Was going to say that I won't be doing an MPR for a while yet because I did discover a few blocks that I need to correct. I am also doing some reiki to help directly work with my blocks so hopefully I'll be able to get rid of them and move on :)

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

That's good man. If you want to improve the visuals, maybe try some visualization/concentration meditation if you have the time for it. It helps enormously.

I wouldn't worry about the speed of your progress, it sounds like you're taking things steady and moving at a decent rate.
is like a block of wood

- DDJ, Verse 27

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”