Israel Regardie - recommendations?

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Israel Regardie - recommendations?

Post by Eremita »

Hi all.

I've seen Israel Regardie described as "the coherent Aleister Crowley", and told he's a good teacher on ceremonial magic and Qabalah. Does anyone here know his works well enough to recommend one or two in particular to the Regardie newbie? They aren't altogether inexpensive to ship to poor old wilderness Australia, and I'm disinclined to buy anyone's complete catalogue without testing the waters first.

A Garden of Pomegranates and The Tree of Life both look good, but I'm wondering whether it's worthwhile splashing out a little and buying the Golden Dawn tome.

Any Regardie fans who might help a brother out? :)

Cheers, thanks very much.
Eremita

NariusV
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Israel Regardie - recommendations?

Post by NariusV »

I used to have a copy of the Golden Dawn, and I would recommend getting it as a reference, lots of stuff in there.

Mysticwizard452
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mysticwizard452 »

My own humble recommendation:

Yes, get Isreal Regardie's Golden Dawn. As you advance in knowledge and skill its worth will increase many fold over time.

For a Comprehensive framework of self taught occultism I would recommend Modern Magic by Donald Michael Kraig and Self Initiation Into the Golden Dawn Tradition by Chic Cicero (Cicero was taught by Isreal Regardie).
Fate is an unworthy ruler. Unfair, Unjust, and altogether uncaring. Do not be ruled by Fate. Usurp it, conquer it, and make it your bitch. Only then can you call yourself a Master.

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

Thanks very much for the responses. :)

Marduk
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Marduk »

Hey,
Not sure where abouts in Australia you reside, but if in Melbourne you can purchase these books in person (and many more of similar quality) at the Haunted Bookshop, in the city.

Other than that; there's a certain online UK bookstore that has free worldwide shipping, and they have the books you listed.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

Eremita wrote:They aren't altogether inexpensive to ship to poor old wilderness Australia, and I'm disinclined to buy anyone's complete catalogue without testing the waters first.
The Golden Dawn has made a number of Israel Regardie's books freely available to the public as pdf files, including The Middle Pillar, The Tree of Life, and A Garden of Pomegranates. The works of many other authors are also available. Books as old as these aren't under copyright protection anymore.

http://www.golden-dawn.com/eu/displayco ... collection
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

What You Should Know About the Golden Dawn
and
Ceremonial Magic

Aunt Clair
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Aunt Clair »

As authors of posts above have stated and listen to his audio files on Youtube Vibrating the LBRP;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zKVEcPJ368

MAZOHIR
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by MAZOHIR »

I know this is a late post, but, if you want almost ALL of Regardies' written material, go to SCRIBD.com, and you should find what you need for FREE.
Mind-Kontrol and Drugs are the LAW, drugs under CIA MK-ULTRA

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

I found Tree of Life fairly informative when I was first reading into the occult, although it left me with the impression that Regardie didn't have a whole lot of hands on experience, and from memory it didn't contain a lot that can't be found in Barrett/Levi/Agrippa (although it's maybe a bit more comprehensible for the modern reader). The only other book of his I bothered with was The Middle Pillar - the ritual itself is very powerful, but his advice about not practicing it until you've been working with the LBRP for a few months (at least) is important.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”