Looking for good books on Talismans

Mysticwizard452
Forum Member
Forum Member

Looking for good books on Talismans

Post by Mysticwizard452 »

Anyone have any good titles to share?
Fate is an unworthy ruler. Unfair, Unjust, and altogether uncaring. Do not be ruled by Fate. Usurp it, conquer it, and make it your bitch. Only then can you call yourself a Master.

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Looking for good books on Talismans

Post by Ramscha »

Israel Regardie - How to make and use a Talisman; THE book in modern magick regarding this matter
bye bye

Mavus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mavus »

Greetings,

Some from my library.

Pavitt, Wm Thos & Kate // Book Of Talismans // 1914 1922 revised William Rider & Son, Ltd, London
Sepharial // Little Book of Magic, Kabala—Talismans // 1899 Foulsham & Co.
Farrell, Nick // Making Talismans: Creating Living Magical Tools ... // 2014 Mandrake Oxford

There are others; All books by Austin Osman Spare are very useful.

There are many books on the subject. What I have found common, is the living concept of the 'ideal' with a 'current' that drives the Talisman. All this can be built however even from scratch, but it could also take years to build out ones grasp of it.

Research is one thing, use is another. I would pick one and drive thoroughly deep.

Kind regards,

Mysticwizard452
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mysticwizard452 »

Thank you both very much. I have already read Isreal Regardie's book on Talismans but I want to know as much as I can before proceeding. One thing I learned the hard way: KNOW what you are doing before you do it.

Again, thank you both.
Fate is an unworthy ruler. Unfair, Unjust, and altogether uncaring. Do not be ruled by Fate. Usurp it, conquer it, and make it your bitch. Only then can you call yourself a Master.

cumquake
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cumquake »

The best ceremonial books are not for sale on the internet but making your own talismans is a good alternative you just need to charge it properly and consecrate it. This is a very new age type title but its been helpful to me
Nick Farrel Making Talisman. The complete book of amulets and talismans is a good reference book

MAZOHIR
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by MAZOHIR »

Israel Regardie, according to David Griffin (who claims to be the IMPERATOR of the HOGD international) wrote:
in: Lineage and the Golden Dawn
QUOTE:
"Israel Regardie knew that he had no authority to initiate or grant a charter to anyone and honestly admitted this on numerous occasions......... To begin with, Regardie was never even initiated in the Golden Dawn but rather only in the schismatic Stella Matutina, founded by former Golden Dawn Adept turned rogue, R.W. Felkin. Moreover, Regardie was never granted dispensation to initiate anyone by the G.H. Chiefs of the Stella Matutina and certainly had no authority to grant any sort of charter or even to consecrate a Vault of the Adepti. Fully aware of these facts, Israel Regardie nonetheless did consecrate a Vault of the Adepti in 1982 in order to initiate his student, Cris Monnastre, into the Adeptus Minor (5=6) grade. These events provided fertile soil for a myth of a "Regardie Golden Dawn lineage" to be deliberately cultivated by certain Regardie-based groups following Regardie's death. It should be noted that, in his life, Regardie only had four students. These were Cris Monnastre, William Kennedy, Larry Epperson (Adam Forrest), and Alan Miller (Christopher Hyatt). Regardie never endorsed any "Regardie-based" Golden Dawn group or order, although this imprimatur has been putatively claimed by a variety of organizations following his death." Cris Monastre,( Patricia Behmin, Regardies' girlfriend) initiated David Griffin into the GD:
"From 1992-1994, Cris Monnastre regularly initiated and advanced David Griffin into each of the Grades of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn at the Alpha et Omega II temple in Los Angeles, then into the Portal and Adeptus Minor grades of the R.R. et A.C.".

Nick Farrell - AUTHOR
Making Talismans - Living Entities of Power
Forthcoming updated re-release coming soon through Thoth Publications

http://omegaproject.info/nickfarrell/ni ... smans.html

Nick Farrell.....with his wife, run the MAGICAL ORDER of AURORA AUREA, and work GD style MAGIA and initiations. Nick is very very low-key but knowledgeable about every major personality in the past and present, within the GD system. No doubt he knows how to make GD type talismans. He can be contacted through his online blog.
Mind-Kontrol and Drugs are the LAW, drugs under CIA MK-ULTRA

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”