A.'.A.'.

insomni4c
Forum Member
Forum Member

A.'.A.'.

Post by insomni4c »

Haven't posted on this site in awhile, been busy with the work, and the other kind of work haha.

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with the A.'.A.'.? It sounds like it has a lot more independent study than orders like OTO and the GD, but I was wanting to find out, what exactly do you do in the A.'.A.'.? I know it's essentially a Thelemic order, but are you restricted to Thelemic mysticism or is it a bit more broad? And how Thelemic is it exactly? By that I mean, is it just centered around Thelema's central tenets like the law of liberty and the concepts brought forth by Thelemic texts, or does it also involve the Thelemic godforms and deities? I don't necessarily consider myself a Thelemite. Although I wouldn't have a problem studying Thelemic texts, I'd rather not restrict myself, and I don't really feel comfortable (at least right now) honoring the Beast and Babalon and the god's like Hoor Paar Kraat and all that, but I also don't really know how Thelema views these deities either. Are they worshipped? Or do they just represent concepts and things to emulate in the new Aeon of Horus?

I've read the book of the law and a few of Crowley's other writings, but I guess I don't have a solid idea of what exactly would go on in the A.'.A.'. and how a Thelemic order actually works haha, so I was hoping someone here could help me out.

insomni4c
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: A.'.A.'.

Post by insomni4c »

Are there no A.'.A.'. members on this site lol? I've mostly got things figured out for now. I've been talking to some Thelemites about it and they've really helped me sort out the issues I was having, I've got a much better understanding on Thelema now. I'm also reading a commentary on the book of the law, and I've read some good stuff on the A.'.A.'. in particular. So far it's looking like I could really go far in the order, and the book of the law honestly feels like Crowley (or Aiwass haha) took all my more recently developed beliefs and ideas that I couldn't put into words and put 'em into a nice little book for me to read haha; still gotta finish it though so we'll see how the rest of the commentary goes. Gotta do some more reading, and I'm not quite ready to commit to it yet, but Im really feelin' good about it so far.

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

I was also hoping for some replies to this thread, but I think you nailed it here:
Are there no A.'.A.'. members on this site?
I don't think there are any dedicated Thelemites currently active on the forum (I would be very happy to be corrected :D).

My other thought is: I believe the A.'.A.'. are an exclusive bunch, with the usual vow of secrecy and all that pertaining to what goes on inside. So I suppose, even if there were members lurking about, they might not feel at liberty to spill the juicy beans.

insomni4c
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by insomni4c »

My other thought is: I believe the A.'.A.'. are an exclusive bunch, with the usual vow of secrecy and all that pertaining to what goes on inside. So I suppose, even if there were members lurking about, they might not feel at liberty to spill the juicy beans.
That is a good point haha.

I've decided that I'll probably wait a year or so before deciding for sure whether I'll join the A.'.A.'.. I need to get into a situation where I can practice more freely, and make sure that I'm ready for the commitment that the order entail. I am definitely going to do a lot of exploration into Thelema in the mean time and really get a feel for it before committing to it, but so far I'm really diggin' it. I'll probably make a post on here at some point on some interesting thoughts I've had relating to all this haha.

KCh
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by KCh »

I suppose you could say I am a dedicated Thelemite, and I do mostly lurk instead of post.

As far as the order of which you write, its not exclusively Thelemic in essence. Yes, the majority (if not all) of the members are Thelemites, but I don't believe it specifically considers itself a Thelemic order like the O.T.O.

What does the order do? Spiritual Illuminism. Spiritual Science. Although the latter is extremely problematic as regards the use of the term 'science'.

If you are looking for a teacher or mentor I would suggest you not bother. Just do whatever work you feel is important. Read things outside of Crowley and his reading list. Think critically, work diligently.

MAZOHIR
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by MAZOHIR »

Although a bit older post, it's still useful to reply to.

The A:.A:. is a MUCH MORE serious school of working Crowleys' system of Attainment. Much more rigorous and intense than the OTO. The sylabus for the school can be viewed online, and requires a LOT of TIME, MONEY, BOOKS, DEDICATION and philosophical agreement with Crowleys works, many of which can be viewed online FOR FREE at Hermetic.com.
Mind-Kontrol and Drugs are the LAW, drugs under CIA MK-ULTRA

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

MAZOHIR Thank You for link. I don't know when I will read all of this books but that is perfect for learning language and expanding my little knowledge. [yay]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”