Koetting's Baneful Magick Legit?

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Koetting's Baneful Magick Legit?

Post by Liberator »

Something I forgot to ask awhile ago. I would like to know if Koetting's Baneful Magick is a legit instruction book? Do the things written within it actually work and are reliable? Do they actually work?

Also can the things in it affect you in a bad way? I don't plan on using it but more on reading it, haven't read much of it yet.

I found a printable copy of it through a link on here and plan on reading through it.

ScorpioMoon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Koetting's Baneful Magick Legit?

Post by ScorpioMoon »

I own a copy of Baneful Magick and yes, the rituals and methods described in the book are highly effective and come from a wide range of currents from Haitian Vodou to magic squares and simple candle spells.

All baneful work has the potential to be harmful to the operator unless the proper precautions are taken, such as some kind of cleansing ritual after the working. Personally I like Hyssop baths for this purpose.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Magick works if you believe it works. Or if you want it to work depending on what system you are working with.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

ScorpioMoon wrote: All baneful work has the potential to be harmful to the operator unless the proper precautions are taken, such as some kind of cleansing ritual after the working. Personally I like Hyssop baths for this purpose.
...and this is why I don't support his target audience using his magick in a nut shell. As he seems to direct his advertising pitch at those just entering into a study of the occult, giving someone such ridiculously high powered material from the get-go is like giving a baby a bazooka. I have the utmost respect for Koetting as an occultist, but I personally think his desire for wealth and fame has overtaken his common sense. ScorpioMoon, you come across as rather knowledgeable in matters pertaining to the occult - would you suggest that someone with absolutely no training whatsoever try to use a system founded on paradigms that themselves require years of dedicated study to fully understand?

Personally, I haven't read that book. I do however know of MANY horror stories involving the material produced by the BALG franchise. [shh]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Desecrated wrote:Magick works if you believe it works. Or if you want it to work depending on what system you are working with.
Come on, Desecrated - think what you just wrote here [crazy]

If you want something to work, then you have to believe in it. If you wanted something to work and didn't believe it would, then you're simply fantasising that it will - which is still a form of belief.

[grin]

ScorpioMoon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ScorpioMoon »

Clockwork_Ghost wrote:
ScorpioMoon wrote: ScorpioMoon, you come across as rather knowledgeable in matters pertaining to the occult - would you suggest that someone with absolutely no training whatsoever try to use a system founded on paradigms that themselves require years of dedicated study to fully understand?

]

No, I definitely wouldn't advise any newbie to attempt workings from Baneful magick! I know what you mean about Koetting and he's definitely a bit of a showman. However I do believe in personal responsibility and that knowledge should be freely available to all. What they do with it is their own responsibility.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Clockwork_Ghost wrote:
Desecrated wrote:Magick works if you believe it works. Or if you want it to work depending on what system you are working with.
Come on, Desecrated - think what you just wrote here [crazy]

If you want something to work, then you have to believe in it. If you wanted something to work and didn't believe it would, then you're simply fantasising that it will - which is still a form of belief.

[grin]
Yeah, something seems lost in translation. I agree with your logic and analyze.
But I think these two things are different, I'll try and find some better words for it.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Liberator wrote:Something I forgot to ask awhile ago. I would like to know if Koetting's Baneful Magick is a legit instruction book? Do the things written within it actually work and are reliable? Do they actually work?

Also can the things in it affect you in a bad way? I don't plan on using it but more on reading it, haven't read much of it yet.

I found a printable copy of it through a link on here and plan on reading through it.
I can't speak for its reliability since I haven't worked any of the rituals yet (and don't plan to), but I've read it and I think there's some 100% legit and potent stuff in there. But there's also some questionable stuff. Just one example: he describes working a death curse successfully using an Eleggua head to summon Exu Capa Preta. I don't know how he came up with this, but to me it seems highly inadvisable to use the icon of a Santeria Orisha to summon a Quimbanda spirit for baneful magic, especially without strong grounding in either paradigm. And I've seen too many younger magicians lately running around throwing death hexes and practicing "baneful magick" like they're living in a Mortal Kombat game. Yes, this type of work can affect you in very bad ways without strong protection. Start calling down random lwa and Orisha and you're dealing with offended deities in addition to all the death energy you've gathered around yourself—and that's IF you're successful. Option B is you just end up looking petty and borderline psychotic.[crazy]

So yeah, I don't think there's any harm in reading it but I wouldn't use it as a complete primer on baneful magic. Pick and choose carefully and only work with the rituals that make sense to you.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Koetting's Soul Travel

Post by beero »

what about his mastering soul travel course, or his book questing after visions - apart from the fact that the course is expensive and whatever doubts you have about how it is marketed, do you think the course is probably good, that the claims he make for it are feasible and that he will teach some thing better and higher level than most astral projection courses?

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Koetting's Soul Travel

Post by the_spiral »

beero wrote:what about his mastering soul travel course, or his book questing after visions - apart from the fact that the course is expensive and whatever doubts you have about how it is marketed, do you think the course is probably good, that the claims he make for it are feasible and that he will teach some thing better and higher level than most astral projection courses?
I don't know much about that course, other members may be able to provide more info. I think Koetting is a gifted magician but I'm not a fan of his snake oil marketing techniques or the form of syncretism he promotes. All that aside, after looking at the ad I'd have questions about the yoga guru who taught him Soul Travel. What is his guru's philosophy and lineage? The practices he describes don't sound especially familiar to any yogic tradition I've encountered (although fake gurus peddling quasi-mystical flim flam are common enough!)

Personally I'd be wary of any program offering results as massive and permanent as a cure for suicide and depression. The standard "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is" caveat goes double for something as subjective and unpredictable as occult practice. At the very least I'd do my research and seek out program reviews to see how satisfied the customers are. And if you do purchase and it works as advertised, come back and let us know! Ascending to the Godplane for $240 sounds like a good bargain [yay]
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”