English Letter Vibration

Suba
Forum Member
Forum Member

English Letter Vibration

Post by Suba »

The "Chaldean Cabala designates the number values [of a letter] by sound vibrations" (Kindle Location 363). Building off of M.B. Jackson's statement, this same system applied to the English letters would be:

A, J, K,
E, B, C, D, G, P, T, V, Z
F
Ch (from H)
I, Y
L
M
N
O
U, Q, W
R
S, X

While each letter in essence has its own sounds, when we actually say the letter we get these twelve vibrational endings: A, J, and K all end with the "A" vibration, E, B, C, D, G, P, T, V, Z end with the "E" sound, and so on.

Has anyone worked with the English letters in this way, and if so, what was your experience?

I find it interesting to say the least - especially the fact that there seems to be 12 particular vibrations: a magical number to say the least.

Let me know what you think.

Blessings,
Suba
Life is to quick to be in a hurry: Slow down and Enjoy it!

Hermes462
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: English Letter Vibration

Post by Hermes462 »

First I want to say; I find it interesting on public sites, how when there is an actual question regarding further Knowledge into Kabbalah.....next to no-one responds.

Regarding your Idea: you make a really good point! What you said means that we should be able to find correspondence between the ending of words, and the signs of the zodiac.

An Idea I would like to add, is the actual pronunciation. If you notice; Consonants would not end in the way you said...unless you add vowels to them; These ideas could further elucidate how the 5 becomes the 12.

Also, would the endings effect what the color-vibration and tones of the letter?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I won't respond because this is not my area of practice and we have members of many paths, not all Western Mystery Tradition, so it may be that others are the same as me.
I would think though, however, that given the number of WMT magickians and Qaballists we do have here, that someone would do so, but there you have it, by the lack of answers to this post and similar such topics: apparently not.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Suba wrote:Has anyone worked with the English letters in this way, and if so, what was your experience?
My experience is slightly different. In theory, yes we pronounce the letter 'B' as 'B-E', but in practice, 'B' has a distinctly different vibration than 'E'.

Tuning into and pronouncing the vowels is easier than trying to find some of the consonants.
Suba wrote:I find it interesting to say the least - especially the fact that there seems to be 12 particular vibrations: a magical number to say the least.
Not only is it a nice magical number, it is also a nice musical number. The chromatic scale "consists of 12 pitches, each a semitone above or below another" (from wiki)

Hermes462 wrote:First I want to say; I find it interesting on public sites, how when there is an actual question regarding further Knowledge into Kabbalah.....next to no-one responds.
Sometimes things take time ;)
Regarding your Idea: you make a really good point! What you said means that we should be able to find correspondence between the ending of words, and the signs of the zodiac.
I see it as being more the correspondences of the letter tones and pitches to one another. Speaking the letters is much different than writing or speaking words. As far as I have learned, the zodiac has very little to do with the practice of qabalah.
Also, would the endings effect what the color-vibration and tones of the letter?
A vowel ending doesn't effect the consonant's color-vibration or tone, because they are separate letters with separate vibrations and colours. B combined with E is one forumula, B combined with A is another formula, etc. B will always be B no matter what.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Hermes462 wrote:First I want to say; I find it interesting on public sites, how when there is an actual question regarding further Knowledge into Kabbalah.....next to no-one responds.
Because forums are mostly or beginners. The people who have advanced far enough to be interested in advanced theory usually have moved on to some other source then the internet.

Frater Chiasmus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frater Chiasmus »

Hell, I'm here to read opinions and broaden my senses.

And Qabalah has had some, mostly online sources though I have to hunt for the links, correlation to Western Astrological Signs albeit in an eclectic patchwork sort of way.
There is beauty in darkness for those who dare enter the shadows to embrace it.
- John Coughlin

Daremo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daremo »

English is a very broken language, even more so in america. From the view point of an english equivalent to caballa you may want to take a look at john dees non magick works. During his lifetime he spent a great deal of it trying to formalize and stream line the english written and spoken language, as well as study math in great depth. It would be a good starting point to find inconsistencies in the english language that makes gemetria difficult, really we are talking gemetria right? Another thing to consider is choosing queens english(sorry i do hope this isnt deragotory) vs american english because this will also take you down 2 different paths. I cant give complete validity to my source but someone explained to me once that american english has been heavily influenced by the native american languages which is why it has developed so differently from queens english. If this is true then one should examine native american languages in tandem with american eng to fully hash it all out. Just food for thought anyway, and a serious persuit would benefit from skrying into the letters. Remember i before e except for all the exceptions where e comes before i.

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

I don't work with the Kabbalah, but we use lots of Sanskrit syllables in tantra, and i have been permitted to swap them for English letter's, providing i add a dash, or a comma on top of it when relevant to get the shape right. The vibrations we make with mantras must stay in the original language, however. We can't translate them into English and hope to get the same result.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Suba wrote:Has anyone worked with the English letters in this way?
Yup.

Link: http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 29&t=38643
Energy Motion Circuitry - Creating A Spirit Seed ^

It's something I use only when I have exhausted every possible option for me to get what I want by all ordinary means.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”