Quotes From Louv's 'The Angelic Reformation'

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Quotes From Louv's 'The Angelic Reformation'

Post by Napoli »

“If the Protestant Reformation sought to remove the Catholic Church as an mediator between the individual and God, Hermetic magic sought to go one further, and provide techniques to directly plug an individual into the mind of God itself, not just handing over the right of individual interpretation of scripture but a direct connection to the source of scripture.”

“Paradoxically, the occult can often become the concern, in different modes, of both the least intelligent and also the most aberrantly intelligent human beings, with those soundly in the middle of the bell curve often unable to tell the difference between genuine intellectual exploration of the universe’s unfathomable and mysterious structure and pre-literate superstition.”

“Dee and his contemporaries quested for nothing less than Total Knowledge—and all sciences were thought to be reflections of, and ways to ascend back to, the mind of God.”

“For the Hermeticist, the universe is a holographic unity, and understanding any aspect of it can aid in understanding all other aspects.”

“Whether or not Enochian represents a valid system for causing “magical” change in consciousness, there is no question that Enochian is at the very heart of the 20th century occult and neopagan revival—Dee and Kelley’s work is still detonating long past their deaths. It is possible, in fact, that we completely lack the ability to gauge their otherworldly work as a success or failure—as it seems to be unfolding on a millennial timespan, “outside the circles of time.”

“Within this underground occulture, the reception of channeled documents recapitulates the end of adolescence and parent/child split within the student/teacher relationship—such channeled books, regardless of their valid provenance, are social markers allowing occult students to split with their symbolic parents (teachers) and families (occult orders) and their metaphors for reality, establish their own metaphors for reality, and thereafter “reproduce” and start their own “families” in the form of new occult groups established around the new channeled documents.”

“My observation of the Universe convinces me that there are beings of intelligence and power of a far higher quality than anything we can conceive of as human; that they are not necessarily based on the cerebral and nervous structures that we know; and that the one and only chance for mankind to advance as a whole is for individuals to make contact with such Beings.”
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”