Drawing a Pentagram on a Circle

Archeus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Drawing a Pentagram on a Circle

Post by Archeus »

I am painting and writing my circle and triangle of art on a pieces of fabric, so that they can travel and I will not incur the anger of the landlord.

I am making one large outer circle with an inner circle to write sacred names of power.

Inside that I will inscribe the inverted pentagram.

I would like a method for making such a pentagram.

This is a basic problem for mathematicians:
1. measuring the diameter or the angles from the center;
2. then placing points on the circle,
3. then connecting the points for the arms of the pentagram.

I would need to know where the points should be placed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Drawing a Pentagram on a Circle

Post by Shinichi »

Use the center point and a yard stick (or something similarly straight) to place the top point (or bottom point? Why are you doing an inverted pentagram?) first, then measure along the line of the circle to place the other dots.

Look at any standard pentagram in a circle image online to get the ratio, then just apply the ratio to whatever the measurements of your circle. Use something nonpermanent to mark the initial points, and once you're certain you have everything in place you can set the points and the lines.

~:Shin:~

Archeus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Drawing a Pentagram on a Circle

Post by Archeus »

Looks like you have to have a compass to measure angles.

1. you draw a line from the center along the main vertical axis up to the edge of the circle.
up to the top for right-hand path,
down to the bottom for left hand path. This will be the central point of the pentagram

2. then you measure 72 degrees from that line on each side and draw lines from the center point out to the edge of the circle

3. then you measure 72 degrees from those lines. You will have 5 lines in all (360/5 = 72)

4. then you erase the radius lines and connect the five points on the circle.

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”