Introduction and a strange question about evocation

drthoth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Introduction and a strange question about evocation

Post by drthoth »

Hello.

I'd like to know about the crossover between witchcraft and goetic magic. I've been practising witchcraft for some time, and have my usual rituals, adapted from tradition but made for me. I maintain familiars, encase their seals in clay, give them things to do, and destroy the clay icons if they go astray. All works well, most of the time, unless I make some stupid error. I spent a great deal of time drawing in power, grounding myself, and generating elemental energy. Recently, I was in a trance, doing my usual rituals - I believed for about 30 minutes, but it turned out to have been 3.5 hours. Once I have the ether from the combined elementals, I change position and use it, usually as a release of concentrated energy for some purpose or other (normally it exits the body through the eyes or navel). On this occasion, while doing this, I felt a presence in the room, and then a man-sized creature glowing bright green emerged from my back. It looked like a combination of a large dog crossed with the alien from Alien. It stood up a roared, over and over. I didn't feel especially afraid, even though it was very aggressive, so I stood up and took charge of it, even closing its mouth like you would a dog. I spoke to it and asked what it wanted, and it roared. I told it I was well-practised in witchcraft and also born under favourable planets, and that it should respect me since it was here. It was subdued, then. This was a completely new experience for me - I had not called it, I did know know it's name or seal (it gave me its name), and it seemed to have come from inside my own body. Being an opportunist, I decided to give it instructions. So I sent it to an enemy's house, asking it to attack any defences that might be there, and drain my enemy's energy. I saw it run awkwardly to the address, enter the apartment, dash around like an excited animal and then it entered my enemy through the ear for a few seconds. It came out looking tired, and had lost its glow, so I called it back and fed it more green energy, and it re-entered my body. I called it again the following night, and it performed a similar task, this time without exhausting, so I left it.
Again, no fear, but mild concern - I thought I'd summoned something from the Key of Solomon by accident. I started reading up fast on Goetic magic, all the rituals were alien to me, using circles and the various accoutrements. So far, nothing negative has happened to me, or as far as I know (although I know little) to my enemy. What do I do to get this thing under control, when there is no seal to destroy? I was going to learn the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram, and recite that. Or possibly create a seal for the creature and try to summon it again in the triangle, following proper goetic procedure...but I don't want to make matters worse. Any mages that can offer guidance in this situation? Thanks.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Introduction and a strange question about evocation

Post by Desecrated »

drthoth wrote:
I thought I'd summoned something from the Key of Solomon by accident.
No. That would be like accidentally building the statue of liberty while you were trying to bake a cake.
The chances of that actually happening is very slim.
What do I do to get this thing under control, when there is no seal to destroy? I was going to learn the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram, and recite that. Or possibly create a seal for the creature and try to summon it again in the triangle, following proper goetic procedure...but I don't want to make matters worse. Any mages that can offer guidance in this situation? Thanks.
The LBRP is great, but like all rituals it takes training before it really starts to take.
Although, out of all the common rituals, it tends to work really well even for beginners. (not saying that you are a beginner, just pointing out that some people who have only practiced magic for a couple of weeks have had good results with it.)
The LBRP is especially good at getting rid of astral parasites and negative emotions that might come from outside. It wont repel a demon or a curse, but it keeps the low noise out of your life.

But, in the end: it's just a banishing ritual and you can use any banishing ritual as long as you are confident in it.
I would start with cleaning and cleansing yourself and your room/house. Making sure that your shields are up to date. If you have any herbs or candles that's been around for a long time, it might be a good idea to get some fresh stuff. Charge your crystals, open your windows, get some fresh air and some good vibes.

If this entity is bad in any way, it shouldn't be able to waltz right in without your permission.

My personal guess is that it's some sort of astral entity. They sometimes get drawn to people who practice magic simply because they resonate with that sort of energy. It's a little bit like a a wild animal walking into your garden.

drthoth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by drthoth »

Thank you, Desecrated, for the depth of your response.
I believe you are right - it would not be possible to accidentally summon such an entity as these 72. It just happened to be the most powerful thing I'd evoked. The more I've read on Goetic magic the last day or so confirms this.

I had already, of course, run through the basics of cleaning out and tightening up the house/temple. Just an hour or so ago I finished performing the LBRP for the first time (took a couple of hours of practise before I could run through it smoothly), then I tranced and summoned this thing again - it was very easy to control, so I sent it out to carry on what it was doing with some clearer instructions, did the LBRP again and feel somewhat relaxed about the situation.

As - I assume - a Goetic magician, could you suggest any rituals that ARE beneficial for repelling demons/curses? I'm now launched on the path of learning Goetic magic; it seems complex and I'll give myself plenty of time, even though I'm confident in my will and ability generally speaking, I'm not sure if I'll start practicing/evoking or not, but I'll arm myself with the ability to do so. I would be interested in anything that is complimentary to it in practical terms.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

drthoth wrote: A. could you suggest any rituals that ARE beneficial for repelling demons/curses?

B. I would be interested in anything that is complimentary to it in practical terms.
A. That would technically be an exorcism. Unless you are clergy I wouldn't get into that kind of business.

B. Have you tried something a hoodoo uncrossing ritual? I did that two years ago and found it to be fairly easy to do, fairly cheap and easy to get the ingredients, and overall beneficial.
I don't know if that would cure a directed curse, but it definitely seems to clear out any negative thoughts and intentions towards you.

drthoth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by drthoth »

Yes, I have, and as far as I could ever tell the Hoodoo uncrossing and the traditional witchcraft uncrossing methods are almost identical - salt, herbs, bathing plus candles etc.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

drthoth wrote:Yes, I have, and as far as I could ever tell the Hoodoo uncrossing and the traditional witchcraft uncrossing methods are almost identical - salt, herbs, bathing plus candles etc.
Excactly.

I followed this guys ritual, but removed the whole hekate thing.
http://turningmagicaround.blogspot.se/2 ... art-1.html

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

drthoth wrote:It looked like a combination of a large dog crossed with the alien from Alien. It stood up a roared, over and over. I didn't feel especially afraid, even though it was very aggressive, so I stood up and took charge of it, even closing its mouth like you would a dog.
Hi, welcome. I'm curious, when you say you saw the dog thing, how did you see it? Was it in your mind's eye? I'm assuming so, because then you say you saw it travel and enter a person's ear, so I assume you were not physically present in that location. Are you accustomed to astral vision and travel?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

drthoth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by drthoth »

Yes, astral travel and visions are something I learned as a child. So at the end of my meditative ritual, I use scrying to look either down or up through a diamond shape (also what I use for grounding). Sometimes entities climb up and through the diamond into my place and I can turn them into familiars.
However, on this occasion, I was watching myself from a supine position next to and slightly below my prone physical form. As often, I could see myself glowing almost radioactive with green light after a long intake of energy. But from this light the creature emerged and I saw myself stand up to confront it - which I did not physically do. Once I'd spoken to it, my mind's eye followed it somewhat like a drone, and I flinched as it almost impaled itself on the way to its destination. I was then able to follow it up to the place where my Enemy lives, and watch its behaviour, before calling it back, from where - this time within my own mind's eye in my physical body - I could see it re-enter my body.

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”