Questions about your Evocation Practices

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

Questions about your Evocation Practices

Post by borealis »

Some questions for people who work successfully with Solomonic or other ceremonial evocation magick:
  • Do you use a circle and triangle?
  • If so, do you have a place you can draw it on with chalk, or do you use a painted fabric rectangle with the circle and triangle drawn on it? Do you cut along the edge of the circle with a ritual dagger, or not?
  • Do you go into the wilderness to set up, or do you have a building or abandoned lot that you use? Do you find it best to be quite a ways away from where other people are?
  • Do you always make an offering? Do you use incense? Do you promise an offering upon completion of the commission?
  • How do the spirits generally let you know that they have arrived, or that they have accepted your request? (I am not clairvoyant, so non-visual queues are important to me.)
  • Which grimoires, if any, informed your practice? How much do you cut corners regarding what's in the books, and still have it work?
  • Do you pay mind to the proper day and hour? The phases of the moon?
  • Do you call upon the god of the hour? Do you make use of thwarting angels?
  • Which implements do you use? Did you make them yourself or obtain them?
  • Do you fast or control your diet beforehand, or abstain from drugs, sex, or anything else in particular?
  • Do you bind any of the spirits you summon to make it easier to contact or command them later? Do you use a vessel?
  • Any tips for a beginner to evocations, or things you think absolutely are necessary, or aren't really necessary?
  • Tell me about your best and worst experiences / successes / failures.
You don't have to answer every question.

I am researching the PGM and Solomonic Magick, with a mind to perform my first experiment possibly as soon as before the end of the year. Currently I am in the midst of a 6-month hiatus from active magical practice, which ends on the first day of December. (For mental health reasons.)

Cerber

Re: Questions about your Evocation Practices

Post by Cerber »

1. Generally I don't use circle nor triangle. Except for some very rare and exotic circumstances.
2. The last time I felt the need, I just made one from a piece of some thick thread I had around. Didn't want to draw circles on carpet in my living room. It worked fine.
3. I find it best where there are no people around, so for anything that requires ceremonial approach I have to schedule it for when I'm home alone, or if I can't wait that long, have to wait until everybody else are asleep.
4. Always candle or incense or both, on occasion some other offerings in addition to those two basic.
5. It's difficult without any kind of clairsentience, but there are many other ways they can let you know something. Paying close attention to your dreams and recording them for following few days. Paying attention to your surroundings when you go about your usual day, random people out of blue may say or do something seemingly completely random, almost as if on the impulse, yet relevant to your requests. Etc.
6. To some extent, in some way my practices were "informed" by many of them, Ars Goetia and "similarly themed" newer takes, but now I take from those as little as I can. Through my own experience I learned "kindness" is more important than "right steps" that are provided by some unknown shady source, and those grimoires are not "kind" at all.
7. I noticed no difference in time of day or phase of the moon. Can't say there is none, I just never notice one. I don't follow any timing. I do things whenever I can, day or night. If I find my self alone at home for an hour or two, day or night, that time is as ideal as it gets.
8. Under no circumstance I'd get Abrahimic gods or angels involved. And just in case any of them sneaked in, I'd go and cleanse the space of all that stuff before I even begin evocation.
9. Not sure what you mean by implements. If you mean by all the "materials" used, mostly whatever I have at hand, own made. I don't make candles and incense, but everything else, chants/prayers, sigils etc own made where possible.
10. No drugs or alcohol or anything else that would mess with my head. I haven't noticed any different related to food or sex, I don't think it matters.
11. I don't generally bind anyone. On occasion that may happen though, as part of some specific "work". But that's not part of most of my evocations.
12. Kindness is important, being polite, respectful and so on - absolutely necessary, or at least strongly recommended. Getting Hebrew gods and angels involved - are not necessary, or at least I would strongly not recommend.
13. I have not exactly had bad experience working with anyone from the "list of 72+", but I come in to contact and stayed in contact with only a small handful of them. And I never shot randomly, either I had strong pull before hand, or I was being nagged for a while to connect with someone.
Best experience probably when I asked a little help with something, and I got tenfold - in form of some amazing familiars, who quickly became part of family.
In my evocations I'm not really "I summon thee to do my bidding, for your service you shall slay this virgin chicken.." kind of guy, I'm more of "Hey, I know you're probably busy, but maybe you have minute for chat and a cup of tea?" type of person. I'm not really just kidding, I don't do neither forceful evocations nor demands, I don't really "summon", instead I politely "invite". And I rarely do I ask form anything "material", though I may ask for advice, or some a little help with some issues. Sometimes they can't help, other times they won't, and there are times when they do nothing, for me to later realize it was wrong for me to even ask this or that, and not getting anything was more beneficial.
But I'm not sure I would recommend evocations without clairsentience, which mainly important for being able to memorize, recognize presence of spirit/entity. If you open your window and call for some Peter saying "I got offerings", but some homeless John sleeping on the driveway hears you, he may reply "Oh sure, I'll take it, I can be Peter, or whatever you like me to be." Our messages don't always reach the intended destination even if we are sure we wrote the right name on the envelope.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Questions about your Evocation Practices

Post by Amor »

Do you use a circle and triangle? No

Do you go into the wilderness to set up, or do you have a building or abandoned lot that you use? Do you find it best to be quite a ways away from where other people are? No

Do you always make an offering? Do you use incense? Always offer love (light from the heart)

How do the spirits generally let you know that they have arrived, or that they have accepted your request? Often my attention is drawn to a spot or plant. Also I have modest clairvoyance.

Which grimoires, if any, informed your practice? None. Lucis Trust books give useful cosmology

Do you pay mind to the proper day and hour? The phases of the moon? More the phases of the sun - equinox and solstice

Do you call upon the god of the hour? Do you make use of thwarting angels? No

Which implements do you use? Did you make them yourself or obtain them? Sometimes use stirred water in jars to improve quality of local energy lines. Also use crystals and energetically active objects to make geometric patterns to attract energy flows

Do you fast or control your diet beforehand, or abstain from drugs, sex, or anything else in particular? No

Do you bind any of the spirits you summon to make it easier to contact or command them later? Do you use a vessel? No

Any tips for a beginner to evocations, or things you think absolutely are necessary, or aren't really necessary?
Any unresolved/unresisted wrong-doing is an ongoing invitation for dark entities to enter the human. For example, a person subject to sexual abuse that tolerated rather than mentally resisted, holds an ongoing invitation for abuse by humans and non-humans - even if the event is no longer in the conscious memory.

What then for protection?

Tell me about your best and worst experiences / successes / failures. A few years ago I was dealing with a dark entity and thought I was immune from it. So I put out my arm and said: bite this. And it did and the arm hurt for a month. So I am more careful these days.

I had a worse attack many years ago in my left temple and it hurt, on and off, for perhaps 5 years.

I recall an expensive poker game I used to watch in my youth. One of the players told me: If you have not found the bunny in 5 minutes, then you are the bunny.

The same applies in magic.

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”