Evocation - manifesting spirits to visible appearance

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Evocation - manifesting spirits to visible appearance

Post by Amor »

I used to know a medical intern who, whenever he answered the phone, would say: City Morgue!

The callers would not know what to do.

Similarly when calling upon spirits, how do we know what has arrived?

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Amor wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:58 am I used to know a medical intern who, whenever he answered the phone, would say: City Morgue!

The callers would not know what to do.

Similarly when calling upon spirits, how do we know what has arrived?
That's funny :)

I know what's arrived cuz I don't call out and hope the right thing comes. i reach out to the very specific quintessence of the thing I want to contact.
More a house call than a summons to appear.
Granted that's more an OBE approach, and this thread is asking about summoning and making manifest an entity, so I might be skewing off topic there.
A couple times I've talked to entirely tangible people who were definitely not people. But i've never manifested a summoned entity into being visible or tactile (I think... might be some gray areas depending on how you think about reality and timelines).

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Kath wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:57 pm i reach out to the very specific quintessence of the thing I want to contact.
That requires awareness and mature relationships not available to most humans

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Amor wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 pm
Kath wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:57 pm i reach out to the very specific quintessence of the thing I want to contact.
That requires awareness and mature relationships not available to most humans
Also requires being personally familiar with the sentience in question. Which really is a significantly limiting factor to how i approach it.
Without a familiarity with that essence, it goes from being as simple as dialing the right 'vibe' (easy peasy), to being as daunting as finding a specific needle in a needle stack.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Mostly I am given a thought-image as to an entity/awareness/beingness with which I should interact.

Then the problem starts: What am I supposed to do now?

I am largely left to discover by doing. Mostly the verdict is: close enough!

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Hmmm, tracking.

When I find that I have a hint of a trace of an entity or sentience, I can usually track the thread back to the source.
Explaining exactly "how" might be like asking a millipede how it walks :P but um, my impression is that it's similar to a bloodhound following a scent "the scent gets stronger this way..." There's like little fibers of the larger sentience's essence on everything it's touched.

If you have a mental image of an entity, that's not 'nothing' there should be little bits of it's essence flavor in that. Not so much in the specifics of form & appearance, but in the evocative sensation which accompanies the mental image.

There's at least a small thread of connection. chase the thread to the source ;)
Kinda like how you might trace a deliberate connection. But a little more subtle. There's threads of connection everywhere, and the vast majority aren't formed by intent, but just by happenstance. you touch things, those things touch other things, "6 degrees of separation" kinda stuff.

In OBE, your focus is your location. Go OBE, think about the lincoln memorial, bam, that's now your OBE location, as a result of your focus. It's harder if you have nothing to go off of. But if you have an inkling of the thing you're looking for, you can move progressively closer to it. Your focus on the trail being like a sort of locomotion for the astral body, moving along the thread of a hint of the thing you're looking for.

The tricky part is getting that initial lead. A thought-image of an entity/awareness/beingness seems like a strong lead to me, which should lead straight to the thing. If you just told me the name of a being, like say the name of a neighbor of yours, that would be a really, really, weak trail, almost nonexistent. I probably couldn't do much with it. But if i had a mental impression of their awareness/beingness... thats a very strong scent trail.

I guess this gets at what I was thinking (but articulating poorly) before.
If I read a text format of a phonetic name for an entity. I'd have no idea how to directly contact them, except the usual ritual format and fingers crossed that it's the thing in the book (probably fairly often not). But if I had a 'sense' of the entity, an experience in memory, containing a hint of the evocative sensation of that being's presence, then I could definitely connect with that particular entity, specifically, accurately, quickly, and easily.

(slightly off topic) It is interesting that I seem to have a photographic memory of the essence-sensation of all of the entities I have interacted with. I don't have a photographic memory of everything. I do lean kinda that way, but i also forget many things. I just never seem to forget an essence i've interacted with. Honestly I think I am not very good at remembering peoples' names and faces, but I think it's mostly that I remember their 'sensation' primarily.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

> I just never seem to forget an essence i've interacted with

Is there an entity that assists you - including as a spiritual GPS?

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Amor wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:13 am > I just never seem to forget an essence i've interacted with

Is there an entity that assists you - including as a spiritual GPS?
Hehe, no :P

I could make the argument that I have a photographic memory. But I could make that argument while looking for my lost sunglasses which are resting on top of my head.

I think "photographic memory" is a poorly understood term.
Every human being forgets things.

And really a photographic memory doesn't contain details which you don't look at. If you glance at a page of written words, even if you remember the experience of the stolen glance with absolute perfection, you won't be able to read all the words if your remembered experience doesn't include scanning through all the words so that you have a memory of each of the words being in focus. For example, just for a moment, stare at this word right HERE. Now, while you were looking there, you could probably make out the words near "HERE", but further from your visual focal point, the detail isn't precise enough to read text.

Even when you do focus, if you tell yourself you'll never forget this moment, this sunset, etc. Often we do forget. Or in recycling the memory, we may gradually alter the memory. As our memory becomes a memory of reminiscing on the memory we reminisced on many times before, in a daisy chain, which introduces flaws like a game of telephone.

But sometimes, we are more focused. Sometimes we etch a memory and it doesn't fade. I think this tends to accompany certain emotions and mental states. When a very high level of engagement meets the right state of consciousness, it sticks, very clearly.

So I don't think one person has a photographic memory, while the next person does not. I think i display what would be called a photographic memory, but certainly not all of the time (far from it). I think it's more that the way we store memories varies less from person to person, and more from memory to memory. Due, I suspect to differing states of mind at different times. Perhaps then a photographic memory might be better understood as a utility with invoking the right states of mind to form memories more clearly ...some of the time.

Just yesterday, I felt reminded of a memory I had from adolescence where I was deeply embarrassed by making a case of mistaken identity. I think that was a poor choice of things to remember clearly :P

But when i interact with an entity, I'm very engaged. And generally very focused and alert and kinda excited. It just tends to form clear memories. One would think that with more experience, that my level of engagement would wane. But I tend not to succumb to becoming bored of something that I initially find interesting.

So... sorry to ramble, kinda deciphering it as I type. But I'd say I just don't bore of things easily, if I at first find them interesting. And I'm very focused on the evocative sensation of things I engage with, even when I'm being especially clinical minded.
Entities are interesting, I'm always focused on the evocative sensation of their beingness/energy/consciousness, especially consciousness. So... voila.

Perhaps though... hmmm. I don't think the consciousness is entirely physical in nature. Partly, but not entirely. Maybe it's more accurate to say that sometimes I commit things to memory where I won't lose them due to shoddy neurons :P

Or perhaps the higher self remembers everything perfectly, and maybe some things I just tell myself that I can access from that level of mind. Perhaps that is intrinsic to the sensation itself...if the sensation comes not from sense organs, but from the spiritual portion of self, perhaps then that memory is transcribed in a way which is not susceptible to the perils of organic-based memory.

When you remember something like the sensation of another being... it's ineffable. You could write a thousand pages describing it, and still feel like you didn't quite capture it right. It's ill suited to abstraction into a communicable form. Like a hypercube of tangled, interacting, subtle nuances, forming a whole. Maybe regarding such things with the mind's eye leans more heavily into aspects of consciousness which are less rickety than my memory of where I left my keys.
I forget faces & names constantly. I just never forget the sensation of a sentience.

Anyway. all totally irrelevant for evoking 'insert name' listed in 'book-xyz'. Cuz if i haven't met them before, what is there to remember? Granted, I don't feel like that string of letters in a book really captures the essence of their them-ness in the first place.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

> I don't think the consciousness is entirely physical in nature.

I have been observing a friend with dementia - largely from being a professional soccer player, banging his head on the ball.

From what I have seen, the mental energy field connects to the brain using an interface layer somewhat like honeycomb. In his case the honeycomb has pulled away from 80% of his brain.

His mental energy operates in parallel existences and with the poor connection to his physical brain, he is often confused about why his wife is so old in this 3D timeline

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

that fits with how I view it. I'm not sure of the specifics, and the brain is obviously intimately involved in consciousness, But i'm pretty solid on the general idea that mind is broader than what the brain encompasses. (and I don't think so just as a 'wishful thinking, cuz mortality is scary' kind of thing)

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

RE : Memories

I still actively try to locate and relive distant memories from my childhood. I do this primarily because I enjoy the feeling that is associated with them. The memories are often vague although the feeling is unique and fairly consistent, but difficult to convey. Feeling is most definitely a whole other dimension all by itself, and quite profound at times.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>I still actively try to locate and relive distant memories from my childhood.

Can you "see" a rolled up memory just behind and slightly above your right shoulder?

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Kath wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:17 pm that fits with how I view it. I'm not sure of the specifics, and the brain is obviously intimately involved in consciousness, But i'm pretty solid on the general idea that mind is broader than what the brain encompasses. (and I don't think so just as a 'wishful thinking, cuz mortality is scary' kind of thing)
I believe the brain is involved with consciousness insomuch as the spirit is involved with the soul. It's actually the union of the spirit with the material vessel that creates this distinct illusion of individuality. Which is what most are in fear of losing, but the mind is definitely broader if you think of it in terms of spirit(above), and soul(below).

It is akin to a refining and individualizing of raw primordial spirit along with diverse vehicular manifestations throughout the eons which results in these diverse contemporary vessels of the current day of which the consciousness does become quite intimate with.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

While I'm no proponent of manifesting anything to visible appearance on command. I have noticed a visible appearance of numerous light orbs that appear to be observing me on occasion and are only visible via a photographic effect. Digital debris or an effect of lighting perhaps, but there is a lot, and it appears to not behave in a manner consistent with lighting effects or other artifacts.

- random notes

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Spida wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:30 am I believe the brain is involved with consciousness insomuch as the spirit is involved with the soul. It's actually the union of the spirit with the material vessel that creates this distinct illusion of individuality. Which is what most are in fear of losing, but the mind is definitely broader if you think of it in terms of spirit(above), and soul(below).
That strikes me as really observant.
I'm feeling kinda stupid actually hehe.
I don't think any component of that was unknown to me, most for a very long time.
But I never arranged the pieces in that particular way of looking at it.

That may sound like faint praise, but it's not. I'm really excited.
"A spirit ensnared by the distorting effects of space-time..."

Many stray pieces falling into place at once. Those threads pulling at me as I bumped shoulders with death. And the way scratching at walls of my perceived cage did physical harm. Hell I'm even thinking about some interesting ideas regarding theoretical physics.
Like i've been walking around this thing for ages and ages, but didn't stop and look at it from just the right angle to see something important.
heh, even the sun parts the clouds outside just now. I'm really smiling here.

__

On the issue of the orbs in photography, I have a lot of experience with the visual arts. there are so many ways that light can create effects that I've not really considered it to be a real thing. Photons shifting from particle to wave to particle. Even your eyelashes distort what you see, but you're so used to it that your brain filters it out. I'm fairly confident that orbs and most other effects in photography are nothing spiritual. Though obviously I'm not always right [crazy]

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

> I'm fairly confident that orbs and most other effects in photography are nothing spiritual.

Find a photo with an orb. Project into the scene of that photo. Does the orb pay attention to you?

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Kath, time is a very strange dimension when you think about it; how it applies to scenarios of life and death. Time is life, which is consciousness and living and experiencing, while death on the other hand is what happens with the collapsing of the 'time' dimension, so the interesting part is when you are analyzing two individual vectors of consciousness(and time) where one stops(dies), and the other continues, which is also reminiscent of this :

The Nevid - Entrance And Extance - Eternity

Consciousness and time are one in the same. Two sides of the same coin. Remove one or the other; the coin ceases to exist.

Death is entrance to eternity, collapsing the dimension of time. Regardless of duration pertaining to the macrocosm, whether it be hours to eons...

The extant one shall experience but a single moment, all existing at once.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Spida wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:09 am Time is life, which is consciousness and living and experiencing, while death on the other hand is what happens with the collapsing of the 'time' dimension
My observation of the entity that manages the somewhat parallel timelines for this arm of the galaxy is that there is carefully managed interchange between the timelines - enabling parallel processing for important developments. There are however improper connections between timelines and there was a recent "alien" announcement of a local time force to repair timelines. That concept has already had a soft disclosure in Power Rangers

Having been prompted by a post on a similar forum, I find that when projecting forward/backward in time, it is possible to slow the action right down to observe at extremely small time intervals - perhaps explaining why the ancient Hindus had their smallest time unit as 0.3 millionths of a second. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_units_of_time

It seems that many entities beyond human scale experience all life cycle stages at once with no sense of time sequence between stages. It might be that humans are deliberately exposed to a linear time experience.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I think there is a really important distinction to be made here concerning time, reincarnation, re-emergence of consciousness. That is worth reiterating and emphasizing, and maybe to say things a bit different also. Time only 'exists' for the living. It literally does not exist otherwise. One can observe a duration pertaining to ones' passing, but for the one who has passed, this "duration" literally does not exist, i.e. time does not exist. This is what could be referred a 'static eternal state' where the time dimension has been collapsed into a single moment.

The point being that death and re-emergence, or reincarnation, would appear instantaneous to the experiencer, but not to the observer. The duration really is irrelevant, and this did strike me as some sort of key observation a while back.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Spida wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:09 am Kath, time is a very strange dimension when you think about it; how it applies to scenarios of life and death. Time is life, which is consciousness and living and experiencing, while death on the other hand is what happens with the collapsing of the 'time' dimension, so the interesting part is when you are analyzing two individual vectors of consciousness(and time) where one stops(dies), and the other continues, which is also reminiscent of this :

The Nevid - Entrance And Extance - Eternity

Consciousness and time are one in the same. Two sides of the same coin. Remove one or the other; the coin ceases to exist.

Death is entrance to eternity, collapsing the dimension of time. Regardless of duration pertaining to the macrocosm, whether it be hours to eons...

The extant one shall experience but a single moment, all existing at once.
I'm gonna dwell on this more before replying I think. Lots of ways to look at this, and overlay it with other ideas.
A wildcard immediately comes to mind though ...the idea that the past, present, and future all coexist, so from some dimensional points of view, there's not exactly an ending.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I suppose once you go beyond the universe you are also transcending its' laws and reason, also the concept of finite linear time as we know it, so yeah, things may tend to get a bit paradoxical depending on where you go.

As for the 'coexistence'. I know the past 'has' existed, but a question would be does it also exist 'now' and be accessible in some way. In a deterministic model the future may be written even although it hasn't happened yet, so these could be relative forms of 'coexistence'.

And the "present". It's primarily what I can observe and experience via an internal progression of intervals, or, moments, yielding a past, present, and future, and also an additional 'cosm' that encapsulates everything which can be observed as change external to us.

Time does begin and end, but at the same time is also eternally recurring.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Spida wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:48 am I know the past 'has' existed, but a question would be does it also exist 'now' and be accessible in some way.
When someone asks me about a dream/vision they had, I often tell them to go back into the event and do some experiments to test meaning, Sometimes I will go with them so as to be able to prompt about what is happening.

In every case the past dream/vision still existed and was accessible for real time interaction and witnessing.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

These dreams, visions, and mental constructs. I have begun calling these "aethyrs" at some point, and it is reminiscent of the Hermetic axiom : All is mind.

Consciousness can expand these 'aethyrs' from nothing. If there was a default state of existence, then it would be nothing, zero, and fortified by the law of parsimony - Occams' Razor.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Spida wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:37 am These dreams, visions, and mental constructs. I have begun calling these "aethyrs" at some point, and it is reminiscent of the Hermetic axiom : All is mind.

Consciousness can expand these 'aethyrs' from nothing. If there was a default state of existence, then it would be nothing, zero, and fortified by the law of parsimony - Occams' Razor.
Is there any proof that all is mind? Is not our god a god of love?

As for Occam's Razor, occasionally there are experiences that are entirely contrary to past experience and beliefs. For example, once I was working on a roof and a gentle swirling breeze arrived and lifted me straight up about 18 inches and then set me down so gently - next to the 30 foot drop.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Imagine an existence devoid of everything. We are starting at zero here, and something is happening. What is happening?

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”