Liber Null (intro to chaos magick) - Peter J Carroll pt 1

Vap0rWar3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Liber Null (intro to chaos magick) - Peter J Carroll pt 1

Post by Vap0rWar3 »

Found this recently, very interesting ideas by Peter Carroll on magick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2pMNS81-hE&t=301s

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Liber Null (intro to chaos magick) - Peter J Carroll pt

Post by Desecrated »

This recording might be against copyright law. But I'm not 100% sure. So my recommendations would be to buy his books.

Vap0rWar3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vap0rWar3 »

Good point. I have to say that I am very interested in his work, so I will do just that.

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cam Revillot »

It's available on google books cheap af and very handy to always have on your phone
Creator of Trinary Sigil Generator
Free sigil generator, tarot, rituals, runes, etc.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Desecrated wrote:This recording might be against copyright law. But I'm not 100% sure. So my recommendations would be to buy his books.
Since it is on YT it isn't a copyright issue for us (as the cr holder can issue a DMCA to take it down very easily). It would be a violation and removed if it was say a torrent link or a random site with links to download the material.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Stukov wrote:
Desecrated wrote:This recording might be against copyright law. But I'm not 100% sure. So my recommendations would be to buy his books.
Since it is on YT it isn't a copyright issue for us (as the cr holder can issue a DMCA to take it down very easily). It would be a violation and removed if it was say a torrent link or a random site with links to download the material.
That is interesting. That actually opens up some doors for us when it come to learning resources.

LagrimasDeDios
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LagrimasDeDios »

Hello all. New guy. Question about Liber MMM and mind control. Am I supposed to not blink for 15 minutes? Won't that damage my eyes permanently? Sorry, I lacerated my cornea last year and it's just getting back to normal. I don't wanna screw it up again. Can I just call reduced blinking a success and move on to regulation of breathing??? Thanks for any help in advance.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

LagrimasDeDios wrote:Hello all. New guy. Question about Liber MMM and mind control. Am I supposed to not blink for 15 minutes? Won't that damage my eyes permanently? Sorry, I lacerated my cornea last year and it's just getting back to normal. I don't wanna screw it up again. Can I just call reduced blinking a success and move on to regulation of breathing??? Thanks for any help in advance.
I'm not familiar with the practice but I would say yeah, don't do anything that can potentially harm yourself. You only get one body and mind. I would think it's irresponsible of the author if he suggested that practice.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

LagrimasDeDios
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LagrimasDeDios »

chowderpope wrote:
LagrimasDeDios wrote:Hello all. New guy. Question about Liber MMM and mind control. Am I supposed to not blink for 15 minutes? Won't that damage my eyes permanently? Sorry, I lacerated my cornea last year and it's just getting back to normal. I don't wanna screw it up again. Can I just call reduced blinking a success and move on to regulation of breathing??? Thanks for any help in advance.
I'm not familiar with the practice but I would say yeah, don't do anything that can potentially harm yourself. You only get one body and mind. I would think it's irresponsible of the author if he suggested that practice.
He didn't necessarily suggested it in the text, it was more like, it was unclear or I didn't fully understand. Thank you for the quick response!

Analytic13
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Analytic13 »

Liber null.. means going to the extremes of all these basic categories..

Love
Unity
Emotion
Life and lifestyle....
Art and fashion..
Pain and athletic threshold.. yoga for example.

Sex domination.. submission..bondage sado masochism

Philosophical nihilism pessimism and anarchy..

Positivism.. order and objectivity..

Chaos goes to the bounds of all of these

And it therefore means chaos is boundless and open minded..

I myself have been a chaote for 50 years! And yes im lying about that fact.. ipsofacto and the philosophers stone..

Penchant runes for signals in the chaos magic theorum.

And of course, De facto luciferianism!

Analytic13
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Analytic13 »

Ultimately pure chaos would be writing without correcting spelling mistakes..

Pure chaos would be a millian monkeys typing on a million type writers..

Because of our intellect.. we have to go to the far reaches of Heaven and hell..(limbo) to know and understand chaos..

Maybe the realm of odds and probabilities.. but we can too as magicians aim and control things such as dice rolls..

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Analytic13 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:50 am Ultimately pure chaos would be writing without correcting spelling mistakes..

Pure chaos would be a millian monkeys typing on a million type writers..

Because of our intellect.. we have to go to the far reaches of Heaven and hell..(limbo) to know and understand chaos..

Maybe the realm of odds and probabilities.. but we can too as magicians aim and control things such as dice rolls..
I think that may not be a very clear picture of what 'chaos magick' really is.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Liber Null (intro to chaos magick) - Peter J Carroll pt 1

Post by Amor »

In my limited observation, each magical/spiritual practice/tradition is contained within the aura of its sponsoring entity.

Taking techniques and practices from a variety of entities seems to create a tension: To which of us does the practitioner belong? I want him/her!

is this a good situation?

The biographies of OTO practitioners that I have read seemed to be tragedies. Are there any biographies of chaos magicians?

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Liber Null (intro to chaos magick) - Peter J Carroll pt 1

Post by Kath »

"chaos magick" as a term is 90% half marketing. It just sounds cool.

There are chaotic elements to it, but it is not definitively a mancy of working with elemental chaos.

Return to “Chaos Magick”